RA Running Game 2022

2022 Scoring (Read 84 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Some schedule info is still up in the air because it will changed based on the number of teams.  Changes or details that had been unclear are in bold for now to make them easier to find.

Scoring

• Calculations- Scoring is calculated automatically by the game at the weekly deadline (Tuesday, 10 PM Eastern Time).  Any log adjustments made after the deadline will not be counted.  Members who are on injured reserve during the week, and are still on IR at the time of the deadline, will not have their miles count for or against their teams for that week's scoring.

• Head to Head- Each week features a "Head to Head" matchup between two teams.  There are a total of 17 points that are available in each Head-to-Head matchup:

• 10 points - The team that runs the highest percentage of their collective weekly goal.  For example, if Team A's weekly goal was 1,000 miles, and they ran 1,100 miles that week, they would have run 110% of their weekly goal.  If team B's goal was 1200 miles, and they also ran 1,100 miles, they would only have run 91.67% of their weekly goal.  So, Team A would have earned the 10 points. A team's weekly goal is the sum of all non-injured reserve players' goals, divided by the number of days in the year, and multiplied by the number of days in the week.  It's not affected by the distance the team has already run that year. To find a runner's goal, use the above formula, or divide the yearly goal by 52.14285. That is the weekly goal for that runner, and does not change unless the runner makes a goal change.

• 6 points(GREEN) - The team with the highest percentage of members running at or above their weekly goal.  This is not your personal pace bunny. If you want to go green, hit your annual goal/52.14285. This is now a static number. If you want a personal pace bunny, use the widget on your running log.   Once a runner reaches their annual goal, they no longer count towards the 6 green points.
    • Race Point for the team with the highest collective race mileage for the week (2 points in pre-pandemic times/1 point post-pandemic) will continue to be suspended due to COVID-19.
    • Individual Points- There are ways for individual runners to earn points for their teams. There is one point available in each category:

•  Farthest distance: If the player who logs the greatest distance of the week is on a team, they earn 1 point for their team.

•  Most time spent: If the player who spent the most time running that week is on a team, they earn 1 point for their team.

Special Scoring Weeks

• Positional Rounds-  On these weeks, instead of a regularly scheduled Head to Head, the matchups will be based on the overall standings.  The first place team will be playing against the second place team, third place will play fourth place, etc.  These weeks give teams an opportunity to gain ground directly against their closest rivals in the standings.
    • All Star Week may or may not happen. It hasn't been decided yet. In All-Star week, all teams are divided in Team Red and Team Blue. Each team nominates as set number of runners to compete; other team members get a buy week. Members of the winning team take a 5% mileage bonus back to their teams which much be used by the end of Quarter-finals. If no All-Star week is held, it is a rest week for all runners. It will depend on how many teams we have. 

Playoffs

• Wild Card RoundIf there are enough teams. There will be a playoff to determine the overall 2021 Running Game. champions.  Details will depend on the # of teams. Teams who end the regular season in 6th place or higher will automatically have a spot in the playoffs.  If two teams are tied for points, the team who earned the most points on the weeks that they faced each other will be seeded higher.  The remaining teams have a chance to earn a "Wild Card" spot .  The Wild Card round will be a one-week Head to Head matchup.  Wildcard teams will be seeded into the playoffs based upon their total points at the end of the wild card round.  For the wild card round, 7th place will play 10th place, and so on.  Teams who are already in the playoffs will not have a Head to Head matchup on wildcard week.

• Playoff Rounds- After the Wild Card round, playoffs begin with the quarter-finals round . Each playoff round is 3 weeks long.  The team that earns the most points over those three weeks will move on to the next round. 

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I think I know the answer to this - but I will go ahead and ask just to be sure: my mileage goal for 2022 is 1200 miles. Divide that by 52.14285 and I see a weekly mileage goal of 23.0137 miles. So if I come in at an even 23 miles for the week I will not be counted as hitting my weekly goal for purposes of getting my team the 6-point GREEN bonus. But if I run 23.02 miles or more in a week I will be counted as hitting my weekly goal.

If that's wrong, just point me in the right direction. I was not a math major and this stuff is confusing.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think I know the answer to this - but I will go ahead and ask just to be sure: my mileage goal for 2022 is 1200 miles. Divide that by 52.14285 and I see a weekly mileage goal of 23.0137 miles. So if I come in at an even 23 miles for the week I will not be counted as hitting my weekly goal for purposes of getting my team the 6-point GREEN bonus. But if I run 23.02 miles or more in a week I will be counted as hitting my weekly goal.

If that's wrong, just point me in the right direction. I was not a math major and this stuff is confusing.

I think you count if you hit 23.01 too. When the team pages update, it will show your weekly mileage needed for green.

Unless there is a setting I am unaware of, on the RA homepage, it rounds to the nearest 1/10. Team pages show 2 decimal placecs.

DavePNW

I think you count if you hit 23.01 too.

I think only Eric can confirm or deny this, based on how he’s programmed it. He may round figures for display purposes, but do the calculations with more decimal places.

Dave

Anyone else's run from Sunday not seem to get counted toward their Week 2 score? Did I miss something?

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Anyone else's run from Sunday not seem to get counted toward their Week 2 score? Did I miss something?

I don't think the scores for week 2 are posted yet.

(Modified to Add): I do see that I can get a sneak preview of the scoring by looking at my team. My Sunday run is counted there, so I'm not sure what's going on with yours.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

If you log on Monday, the previous week's team page doesn't refresh. As long as your log is correct, it shouldn't be an issue. You do have until Tuesday to log for previous week. I will watch and make sure results match your log. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CalBears

I have a question on scoring. I am a little bit confused with some of the scoring rules - if I understand it correctly.

So, it seems to me that in weekly competition, if both competing Teams have the same % of runners logging in the Green, none of the Teams is getting points???

I mean - just imagine that both competing teams have all the runners finished in the Green, each of them achieving or exceeding their weekly goal and none of the Teams getting scores for it? I hope that is not the case - it would be absolutely unjust.

I can see when none of the Teams runners are in the Green - then it would be understandable, but when everybody in the Green but still no points, that would be totally bizarre and unfair, imho.

Please clarify.

Thanks!

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I have a question on scoring. I am a little bit confused with some of the scoring rules - if I understand it correctly.

So, it seems to me that in weekly competition, if both competing Teams have the same % of runners logging in the Green, none of the Teams is getting points??? 

Yes, you understand that correctly.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Fred is right. In the event of a tie for green percentage, no points are given.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CalBears

Fred is right. In the event of a tie for green percentage, no points are given.

Interesting... Do not remember any sport where Teams would not get any points for a draw (especially interesting case when both Teams are in the Green). But I guess will go with the "rules are the rules" 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Eight months later, I have your answer: Horseshoes (and other similar games like cornhole, ladder ball, etc.)

Interesting... Do not remember any sport where Teams would not get any points for a draw (especially interesting case when both Teams are in the Green). But I guess will go with the "rules are the rules" 

Half Crazy K 2.0

I know the All Star bonus has to be used in the first round of the play offs. Is there a time deadline? For example, Sunday night? Or before results? Do results from the prior week need to be posted before clicking?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I know the All Star bonus has to be used in the first round of the play offs. Is there a time deadline? For example, Sunday night? Or before results? Do results from the prior week need to be posted before clicking?

It has to be used in the quarter-finals. Hit the button by Sunday night of the third week of the quarter-finals. That would be 11/06. As long as you are on the right page for the correct week on your team page, you'll be fine. I probably wouldn't hit it for week 3 when it's still week 2.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Good morning! Question re Wk 42 individual results, comparing Alexander R (hello!) and myself, ch17: "YTD Distances" says that I have caught up to him - 2425.52 (AR), 2428.05 (ch17) - but "Average Weekly Distance" has him ahead of me: 58.77 (AR), 58.23 (ch17). How can those both be correct?

My guess is that "YTD Distance" must be computed from 1 Jan, whereas "Average Weekly Distance" must have started Monday Jan 3. But I wanted to check. Thank you! --Christine