Most Miles Run This Week

CalBears (LM) 101.14 miles

Mom4Running (MF) 79.17 miles

Alexander R (ESTR) 71.2 miles

Most Time Spent Running This Week

CalBears (LM)  15:02:44

Mom4Running (MF) 13:49:52

Alexander R (ESTR) 12:46:25

* All teams hit 100% to team mileage goal. Top team was Legs Miserables at 128.51%.

* All teams were over 80% in the green. Five teams were 100% --- Legs Miserables, Appreci-8 Your Stride, Call the Race Director!, MotherFooters and Got Run,eh?

I don't ever remember the numbers being all so high in the same week! Wow!

* One runner was over 250% to their weekly goal. Five runners were between 150 and 200% to weekly goal.

* No runners in the team goal posted zero weeks.

What else is going on, runners? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice job, 100% teams and big mileage peeps!!

Meg, my team has been discussing something that maybe could be considered for next year's game:

When 2 competing teams both hit 100% green, neither team qualifies for the 6 points. What if both teams earned 6 points...or even split the points -- 3 points, each? Otherwise it's a lot of work for "nothing."

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

All About that Pace 2024

If both teams have exactly the same % of team goal by some weird circumstance, does the 10 points get split at this time or do the teams receive Zero? Seems fair that in a tie whether overall goal or Green goal, that the teams would split the points and not just if they only hit 100% but any tie.

MHO.

Nice job, 100% teams and big mileage peeps!!

Meg, my team has been discussing something that maybe could be considered for next year's game:

When 2 competing teams both hit 100% green, neither team qualifies for the 6 points. What if both teams earned 6 points...or even split the points -- 3 points, each? Otherwise it's a lot of work for "nothing."

pfriese

If both teams have exactly the same % of team goal by some weird circumstance, does the 10 points get split at this time or do the teams receive Zero? Seems fair that in a tie whether overall goal or Green goal, that the teams would split the points and not just if they only hit 100% but any tie.

MHO.

I like this idea. Thanks for bringing it up zoom-zoom.

Paul

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

MHO.

I think that would be a perfectly fair solution to that scenario.

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

It's not fair to teams who have tied this year already to make changes to the point system now so it wouldn't be a 2022 change. It is something we would have to bring up with Eric and he would need to write it into the game coding if possible. Can you bring this back in November?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's not fair to teams who have tied this year already to make changes to the point system now so it wouldn't be a 2022 change. It is something we would have to bring up with Eric and he would need to write it into the game coding if possible. Can you bring this back in November?

I definitely wouldn't expect it to be implemented in a game already running. But I'll try to remember this for Nov. I'll make a phone reminder right now!

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I definitely wouldn't expect it to be implemented in a game already running. But I'll try to remember this for Nov. I'll make a phone reminder right now!

Thanks, Zoom. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CalBears

Imho, it is more unfair that Teams who hit all the greens will not be getting any points for the next 10.5 months. Just think about it - a Team with 66% rate that beat 50% rate team will get 6 points and Teams who both hit 100% will get none! Where fairness in that?

I understand, of course, the difficulties involved into changing a code, but again - I think it's more unfair when Great Teams get nothing and, sometimes, a mediocre Team (weekly-wise Smile gets 6 points. And will be lasting for the next 10.5 months.

Imho, the earlier the change will be introduced (even if in the middle of the year), the fairer the game will become (irrespective when it is introduced - because, it is unfair - an it is unfair right now).

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

All About that Pace 2024

I will make a phone reminder to remind Zoom-Zoom to remind herself to remind CanadianMeg to ask Eric.  In November.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Imho, it is more unfair that Teams who hit all the greens will not be getting any points for the next 10.5 months. Just think about it - a Team with 66% rate that beat 50% rate team will get 6 points and Teams who both hit 100% will get none! Where fairness in that?

I understand, of course, the difficulties involved into changing a code, but again - I think it's more unfair when Great Teams get nothing and, sometimes, a mediocre Team (weekly-wise Smile gets 6 points. And will be lasting for the next 10.5 months.

Imho, the earlier the change will be introduced (even if in the middle of the year), the fairer the game will become (irrespective when it is introduced - because, it is unfair - an it is unfair right now).

I'm the other admin.

This is your first year in the game, correct?  This game has been on RA since 2016. Many runners in the game have joined every year. You have two options.  Spend this year learning why things are set up the way they are or leave the team game and run as an individual.  You will still have stats in the weekly results and compete against your pace bunny. Let us know what you decide.

CalBears

I'm the other admin.

This is your first year in the game, correct?  This game has been on RA since 2016. Many runners in the game have joined every year. You have two options.  Spend this year learning why things are set up the way they are or leave the team game and run as an individual.  You will still have stats in the weekly results and compete against your pace bunny. Let us know what you decide.

Yeah, I definitely used to interact to a different type of crowd, where, in a case like this, I would be given a reason (if there is any, though) for something that done in a certain way, not just - if you do not like it, leave it.

And, btw, I didn't give any ultimatums - it was an observation about what is more and what is less fair - has nothing to do with me being first year or 10th year - habit doesn't make things right.  And the point is - there are 6 points for logging miles per week - and in some cases those points are lost - that's it. And I am not the only one on my Team who shares my opinion. But I guess, it doesn't count. 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Yeah, I definitely used to interact to a different type of crowd, where, in a case like this, I would be given a reason (if there is any, though) for something that done in a certain way, not just - if you do not like it, leave it.

And, btw, I didn't give any ultimatums - it was an observation about what is more and what is less fair - has nothing to do with me being first year or 10th year - habit doesn't make things right.  And the point is - there are 6 points for logging miles per week - and in some cases those points are lost - that's it. And I am not the only one on my Team who shares my opinion. But I guess, it doesn't count. 

We're not making changes to the rules this year. It has already been posted above that this will be considered for next year. If you had signed up more than once you would know it's not possible to give all players their dream game. The rules and scoring setup are there because of issues that came up previous years. Eric built the game and it's run by volunteers. It's a game. Run and log your miles. That's all.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I'm the other admin.

This, and your next response, were so unnecessarily aggressive for such a friendly game.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

JMac, it gets exhausting for us when we are constantly dealing with criticism and people complaining about the game. There is a reason that admins burn out with this game after about 3 years.

Half Fanatic #9292.