RA Running Game 2023

Year end recap!! (Read 32 times)

Pain is my friend

I know the finals are still going on. For many of us we are resting up for the next year. I can bet many of you are like me and have already looked back at this year on how it went. Some races went well and others didn't. I know I have a few races I feel like a failure but to others they went great.

Please share how your year went.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

Pain is my friend

I will start things off. I started the year by running a 24 hour race on New Year's Eve. It didn't go as I had hoped. I did take 2nd overall. In March I ran a 12 hour race setting a new course record. Was a great day and ran 76 miles. I ran another 24 hour in June to do better than Jan. Something else went wrong on this one and again it didn't run out as I had hoped.  6 weeks later ran a PR for Backyard format for me and a course record. Ran my final race in late Sept. the Bear 100. It has 22,000 vert. 90% of it went great. But what I learned from my other races that didn't go well was to keep pushing on. Hard times will come but it is what you do about the hard times is what matters most. Keep pushing forward and never give up.

Happy trails. I hope next year will be just as good or better for all of us. Refuse to quit!!

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

All About that Pace 2024

Outstanding!

I will start things off. I started the year by running a 24 hour race on New Year's Eve. It didn't go as I had hoped. I did take 2nd overall. In March I ran a 12 hour race setting a new course record. Was a great day and ran 76 miles. I ran another 24 hour in June to do better than Jan. Something else went wrong on this one and again it didn't run out as I had hoped.  6 weeks later ran a PR for Backyard format for me and a course record. Ran my final race in late Sept. the Bear 100. It has 22,000 vert. 90% of it went great. But what I learned from my other races that didn't go well was to keep pushing on. Hard times will come but it is what you do about the hard times is what matters most. Keep pushing forward and never give up.

Happy trails. I hope next year will be just as good or better for all of us. Refuse to quit!!