RA Running Game 2023

Announcement for 2024 Please read!!!! (Read 60 times)

Pain is my friend

πŸ“£πŸƒ Announcement from the Amazing Admin: Get Ready for the Ultimate Running Game! πŸƒπŸ“£

Attention all running enthusiasts! We are thrilled to announce that the highly anticipated running game of 2024 is starting January 1st, and it's going to be a race like no other! Lace up your sneakers and prepare to long haul towards victory, as we have some exciting changes in store for the next year!

πŸ”ΈπŸ†πŸ”Έ
    In the spirit of pushing the limits and fostering healthy competition, we have decided to reduce the number of teams participating in the game to six. This change will allow for larger teams, encouraging camaraderie and teamwork. So get ready to meet up with old or new friends and form a powerhouse team that will leave everyone in the dust!

But wait, there's more! Only the top four teams at the end of the regular season will qualify for the playoffs this year. This means that every stride and every mile will count towards securing your spot among the running elite. It's time to bring your A-game, because only the dedicated and consistent will survive to have a chance at claiming the championship! This game is more like an Ultra than a sprint.

πŸ”ΈπŸŽ‰πŸ”Έ
    To make this announcement even more exciting, we couldn't resist incorporating some running puns to keep your spirits high and your feet moving:

- "Get ready to put the 'run' in 'fun' as we kick off the race of a lifetime!"

- "We're raising the bar and the pace this year. It's time to chase your dreams and leave your competitors in the dust!"

- "Remember, success isn't just about the finish line, it's about the journey. So lace up, embrace the challenge, and run like the wind!"

πŸ”ΈπŸŒŸπŸ”Έ

But wait, there is even more!! We know many of you share race report in your team forums already. But we bet there are others that would love to be inspired and celebrate in your incredible achievements. We will be starting a thread for you to share the your journey with the whole group. Please share. We want to hear about them and learn from you.

πŸ”Έβš οΈπŸ”Έ
    Before we conclude, the Admin team would like to address a concern. We have received feedback regarding the length of the game, and we want to assure you that we have taken it into consideration. However, we regret to inform you that the length of the game is hard-coded into the program and cannot be changed for 2024. This is a year long commitment to the game.

πŸ”ΈπŸƒ‍β™€οΈπŸ”ΈπŸƒ‍β™‚οΈπŸ”Έ
    Mark your calendars and start training, because the running game of 2024 is just around the corner! Stay tuned for further updates and get ready to unleash your inner speed demon. Let's make this year's running game unforgettable!

See you at the starting line! πŸŽ‰πŸ‘ŸπŸ’¨

Here are some important dates:

All Star week - week 23. 3 Runners from each team.

Semi-finals - week 46-47-48 (starting 11/11)

No competition - week 49 (starting 12/02)

Finals - week 50-51-52 (starting 12/09)

12/29 is the last day of finals.

Happy running,

Krash -Admin-

Admin Disclaimer:

With the formation of less teams, you will face the same kick butt teams more often. The game may not function the same as it has in the past. It may improve or degrade the fairness of the competition. The Game has never been run with this few of teams. The bottom line is we don't know. It will be a surprise to us all.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

TammyinGP

Thank you Krash and the rest of the Admin team!

I'm looking forward to another year of friendly competition and hitting hopefully some new running goals.

Tammy

Half Crazy K 2.0

Thank you. It's crazy how this game keeps me consistent.

DavePNW

+1.

Let's do this.

Dave

theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks to the admins who got creative and found a way to keep the game afloat. 

I may have missed it, but are we able to join the forums yet and meet our team members?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks to the admins who got creative and found a way to keep the game afloat. 

I may have missed it, but are we able to join the forums yet and meet our team members?

Next week! Monday, I think. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Karen M

Thank you, Admins! This works for me for logging miles, for sure!

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

dktrotter

Dorothea

I'm looking forward to another year of friendly competition and hitting hopefully some new running goals.

+ 2

Excited to come back to this after playing in 2016... sad to read it may not go on 2025, but then let's make 2024 count.

Thanks Krash et al!

Qualifications: I like to run. In Florida. In the summer. At noon.  

Last race: April 28, Glass City Marathon, 3:29:53. Saw deer; cried; didn't melt in rain or heat. 

Pain is my friend

Yes Monday the forum will be open and you will be able to see what amazing team you will be on for next year. I can't wait. It is almost as good as Christmas.

Next week! Monday, I think. Smile

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

Marky_Mark_17

This year has probably been the most fun I've had in the game thus far.  It's also given me an extra nudge to crank my effort up at a few points which has been great too.

A big thank you to our admins who have stepped up for next year.  I know from my field hockey umpiring days that people can be very quick to get upset when something goes against them, and an awful lot slower to applaud a good call or thank the umpire for their efforts after the game.  Feels like a thankless job sometimes, I'm sure, but the game wouldn't happen without you.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

zebano

ohh I'm glad to see the regular season matters now! Excellent change.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)