Trailer Trash

Lurker Update Wednesdaily (Read 23 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Hope some lurkers stop by and say "Hello" and tell us how your running / non-running is going.

Plus it's Mandy's birthday. Happy birthday, Mandy!

3-4 easy miles at lunch.  Step down week for me, so no long runs for rest of the week.

QOTD:  Ever go to any school reunions?  Just got a message that my grade school class (Catholic K-8) is planning a get together for April.  We've done this every few years and It's always a great time catching up.  Never been to any HS or college ones.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hi!  Lurker/non-runner reporting in.  Amazingly the weather here has allowed me to bike a little.  In fact, I'll head out on the bike this afternoon.  My birthday is not normally warm enough for a bike ride, so thanks for the present Global Warming!

QOTD: No, I still talk to most of the friends from high school that I want to talk to.  So I'll pass on the reunions.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Lurking here... Have trouble typing on this tablet of mine so a short post. Still recovering from 12 hour on Sunday but will try for a 3-4 mile jog/walk with the Lady after work. Still down here in FL for a few more days. Covered 53 miles (11 loops) on Sunday at Whispering Pines. Only managed second place this year but given my past four months of various health issues I guess that's not too bad.

QOTD: I've went to a few but last was 10 year reunion in 1989. Funny AT, I did Catholic school K-8 too and typically hung out with those classmates at my HS reunions.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Birthday Mandy!

strength trained last night, shooting for 5-ish this evening

took advantage of the long weekend and snowshoed into a Forest Service cabin w/ DW and new pup- it's about 7 miles in and a great cabin to stay in.

qotd: have never been, but moved 2000 miles right after high school

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Since riding to work with others I had to be ready at 7:10 versus my normal 8:45.  Got up early and walked the dogs.  Who, who? Sue, Sue.  Always nice to be acknowledge by a stranger in the morning.  It was a nice walk and I now release it's actually light enough to run at 6:30.  Plan to run after work since I will be getting off earlier.  Ran 3 after work last night.  It was pretty dark at the end.

QOTD:  I've never been invited.   I went to Catholic school 1 to 11th and than moved and went to Public School.  I think I don't get invited to the Catholic school one because I didn't graduate.  One year my cousin told me about it and I planned on going.  Flew home and my Mom informed me she was having a family union since I was back.  Unfortunately she planned it for the same day as my class reunion.   So I missed it because I would rather hang out with my cousins than old class mates.

Mandy:  Happy birthday...did you show up just to see if we remembered! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice job XT!

. Covered 53 miles (11 loops) on Sunday at Whispering Pines. Only managed second place this year but given my past four months of various health issues I guess that's not too bad.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

awwww  so sweet...

AT-runner

Tim

Mandy - Enjoy the warmth. We are supposed to be at 70° tomorrow with normal being upper 30's to low 40's.

XT - Did you get chicked for the win?  Around here most of the races are being won by women.  Never bothers me, but Sue can tell a good story about someone last year not happy she beat him in Utah. 

Warden - Nice puppy.  Looks like the pulk is holding up well.  You made that yourself, right?

Queen - How's the rain?  Is this putting back your moving plans at all, or full steam ahead?  Did you get your arrows yet? None for us.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yes the rain is holding Mike back a wee bit.  He needs to finish building a deck.  He has all the ground work in.  He has been moving his stuff to his fathers.  I didn't sign up to receive the arrows.

Queen - How's the rain?  Is this putting back your moving plans at all, or full steam ahead?  Did you get your arrows yet? None for us.

NHLA

Raining this morning. I'll get out and run latter.

mandy Happy Birthday!

mt  cute pup

XT  congrats!!

qotd  No. Its a 12 hr drive and when I go home I have so much family to see.

Looks like I am going to have to go home soon. At 89 my mother is looseing it. We have been so lucky she has been independent all these years. Now she is in a home.

Its terrible how fast she is looseing her memories.

Worse than that SIL is looseing her memories and she is only 62. Crap. She has always been the know it all in the family. I can't imagine how hard this is for her.

Need to make some trips while they are still know who I am.

Daydreamer1

Had a meeting this morning at work, so I raced home from there to get ready to race to a Dr's appointment, Then from there I have to race over to the insurance agent to drop off some papers, Then I'll race home so I can go for a leisurely run . I hate when there is so much scheduled on my day off.  Looking at getting in at least 6 miles, maybe as much as 8.

Happy Birthday Mandy!!!

QOTD: Skool? Whut was that??   Since I dropped out of high school after 9th grade I'm not only not invited but I really don't even have a clue where any of my old classmates are. And I didn't really even move that far out of the district.  My Paramedic school has a reunion from time to time. That is for all the alumni that went there from '79 - '98. They just announce it on FB. I never go as there would be very few there that I would know. From the pictures it seems like it mostly people that stayed and worked in the area after graduation.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NHLA- sorry to hear about your Mom and SIL  Sad

AT- yep holding up well- it's just a heavy duty Paris sled reinforced with climbing rope around the edges and through two thin walled pvc pipes. I hook it into the waist belt of my lumbar pack which I added shoulder straps too (that really helped). Maybe $50 into it- the vast majority the sled.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Happy Birthday Mandy.

I'll do 5 mi after work today.

qotd: Haven't been to one yet.

tbd.

runtraildc

Got in just under 5 on the trails in Rock Creek. Perfect running weather and I hit a trail I don't often run. a lot of it requires more fancy footwork than a pro soccer player to stay upright while running, so there was a lot of hiking today.

XT- Congrats!

Mandy- Happy Birthday!

qotd: I went to one a few years ago, mainly because I was in town and several friends convinced me to go.  It was interesting. And I think I'm good for the foreseeable future. My mom still gets together with her nursing school friends, 50+ years out.  It's a small group nowadays, and she is reluctant to call them 'reunions', but rather 'lunch with the ladies'.

NHLA

They closed a local trail when a runner had a nail go thru his foot.

Someone had driven nails thru roots poining upward.

They swept the trail with metal finders.  Found 60 nails!!  re-opened trail

Holy crap.