Trailer Trash

Super Sundaily (Read 26 times)

some call me Tim

Wow, I guess you all are still out there!

I nearly went flying this morning. Overnight, temps dropped to ~48F and I was greeted early this morning with big, gusty winds and rain for my 12 road miles. The (uncommon) east wind meant that all of the big downhills were tailwind-assisted and at some points I felt like I was gonna take off!

Have a great day, everyone.

qotd: Any interesting new music in your life?

A couple of months ago, NPR's All Songs Considered turned me onto a project called Makeunder. Delicious madness.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

beautiful day here, sun and mid-60's- going to get a short 5-6 miles in this afternoon

few pics from the run w/ the HURL (Helena Ultra Runner League) group yesterday in the Elkhorns

qotd: not much new, I'm still rocking out to 90's grunge/alternative stuff- missed it the first go round, stumbled onto w/ my Sirius radio a couple of years and haven't really wanted to listen to anything else

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I was supposed to go running this morning with a run buddy. She forgot..and it was 48degrees here also...with a "feels like" of 36 degree....and it was raining.....sooo..I am hoping for better conditions this evening.

Qotd: still listening to Classic Rock....60s 70s and 80s.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

48 degrees, eh? I did 6 miles at 82, with 75% humidity. Hot and humid seems to be the theme of my summer running this year.

Needless to add it was a slow and miserable slog, I guess.

QOTD: Rock'n'roll of the 50's is still my favorite. Currently forced to listen to 80's softrock , as my xmradio subscription has expired, and I haven't renewed it yet.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I bagged my planned 15 mile run this morning for a 20 mile bike.  I haven't biked in a while.  Why I decided to be out for 20 miles...I don't know.  But it was fun!

48 degrees?!? That would feel great right now.  It's high 80's and humid.  Feels like July weather.

QOTD: Uh...no not really.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

14 miles running in the Sierra's with Earl and the running group.  I lost Wayne 3/4 from trail head...I was Like I don't have to wait fir Wayne we are at the finish...but he took a wrong turn and ended up at the rest stop on the 80.  Beautiful day out there..I will check my pictures and maybe post tomorrow.  Having friends over for a barbeque.

Qotd:  heavy into country the last year!  Helped me through some shit.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I did about 20 miles up and over the mountain on Sat morning, explored a new ‘connector’ trail that didn’t quite ‘connect’ so well.  Oooops !!!  BTW, it was pea soup foggy, so a bit difficult to keep my sense of direction on the twisty trails.  Ended up going a few miles out of my way, but I did fine some nice new places to run on the north side of my mountain.  Sunday evening I did much of same initial southern trails up the mountain again for about 9 miles.  Glad today (Mon) is a rest day, my legs are kinda toasted.

To get back to you from my Friday ‘ramblings’…

QoN: looks like I could use an editor.

XT: yeah that is sort of they way it works, but like in most things, I’d rather be last than first I suppose.

FTYC: you are right, lots of good points.  It is hard to keep up sometimes, but these days with ‘instant communications’ and FB it is a lot different than the last time I was an Expat.

Qotd: I am totally into ‘K-Pop’ right now…….  just kidding.  Just an old rocker, but I do like ‘some’ of the newer alternative stuff.

tbd.

dpc3

Got in 8 with the devil dog. Longest I have been in awhile. I've run 7 days in a row with no knee problems and I am feeling good!

QOTD: Still bluegrass and old country sprinkled with 90's rock and some metal.

some call me Tim

Thanks for indulging me, everybody. For those with and ear for folk/country, check out this little performance by The Head and The Heart(who incidentally continue to get me through) on a beach just laying it down and stamping in the sand.

Looks like a couple more days of low 50's here.

Big grin