Trailer Trash

Monday, Monday, so good to me....... (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good song Smile

got in a good (tough) 16 miles yesterday w/ a buddy who is doing the Bob Open as well; was hoping for more running than snowshoeing, but that wasn't the case

probably strength train after work

qotd: streaming of late?  we watched Highwaymen on Netflix- story of the manhunt for Bonnie and Clyde, pretty good; also season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet- crazy, but funny

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

12 trail miles yesterday with DW.  32 mile weekend with plenty of elevation, so legs are sore today.

Our friends son is on TV tonight. The Enemy Within, episode 7 on NBC at 10:00pm  Eastern. His name is Lance Daniels (acting name) He's the muscular short blonde that looks like Thor.  This is his second small TV part and he's got more in the works. Only problem is it's on during NCAA Finals.

QOTD:  1/2 way through Santa Clarita Diet. Just waiting for GOT's to start Sunday.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Woke up to a sore back again yesterday, this time with an added finicky nerve. Settled down later enough to finish the garden chores, but no run.  It's another beautiful day here so I will get out along the creek at some point.

DD- good luck on the cherry blossoms! I'd second AT's advice on the metro. Or just bite the bullet and buy a parking spot using parking panda or spothero to avoid the hassle of driving around to find parking. Though you may find something on Hain's point, especially near the tennis courts. It's not a long walk, but yet too far for most people.

qotd: Veep. Now on season 4.  Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Tony Hale are brilliant. I love them both.

Sandy-2

SRD.  I've been upping my mileage a bit lately so having a rest day is a good thing.

mt - that snow looks wet.

AT - that's cool about your friend's son.

runtrail - good luck with the back...  I feel your pain.

Last week - some of you asked about the "Box of Rox" run.  I'm not sure DD and I are going to do that one yet, although it's on our radar as a training run.  It's a nice run in the Texas hill country, has some nice views.  We also might drop down to two loop version (the 26.2 mile option). We'll see.

qotd: we were using our cable 'on-demand' option to catch up on some show called The Enemy Within, but now we're up to date and are forced to wait a whole week for the actual show to come on TV.  How aggravating is that??!!  

tbd.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Looks like I missed out on a busy weekend here....  Dreamer's anniversary, lots and lots of miles running, congrats to those who raced, folks enjoying Fox News (didn't think this crowd would be into that, but who am I to judge?), Sue getting into rock climbing, and some enjoying spring while others are still waiting.  Did I miss anything?

AT - I will make a note to record that show tonight.  Pretty cool!

warden - I suppose it's time to start thinking about Bob this year?

runtrail - Hope your back is getting better.

QOTD:  Just finished Ozark, but I need to find something else.  I started Santa Clarita Diet a while ago.  I should probably resume that one.  I enjoy that quirky humor.

Spent the weekend opening up the cabin from the winter.  Got the lawn mower dropped off, but the lawn is still wet and not growing yet, so I'll have to wait to have fun with that.  Running sucked though (only 8 miles on Sunday).  This time last year, I was banging out back-to-back LR's, but just can't seem to get into a groove this year yet.

At the cabin, critters have been pooping on our lawn while we're not there.  The deer poop is pretty easy to spot, but I'm not quite sure what the others are from (fox, coyotes, bear, other?).  I will have to setup some motion cameras to find out.

Deer poop

Constipated deer poop or something else?

No, I didn't actually touch the poop (I don't think).  I put my hand there for reference.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Happy Monday!

QOTD: Nothing...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Bear poop, I think. Yes, please put up a critter cam!

No, I didn't actually touch the poop (I don't think).  I put my hand there for reference.

XtremeTaper

Managed a nice 6 or 7 miles on Saturday down on the trails of White Clay Creek with my buddy and the Lady. Sort of a short run, but it was like the good old days as we followed a little used 'flagged trail' up a hillside until it dead ended at someone's deer stand. Of course we couldn't turn around and go back to a more proper trail!  So we bushwhacked up the hill through the woods along some meadows and onto some narrow roads that took us back to the trail. In another week or two that sort of bushwhacking would have been pretty much impossible due to sticky thorn bushes. Yesterday, planned another 6 or 7 but it was warm and the Lady was not dealing well with the heat so we only did 3. I had plenty of exercise afterwords moving 1/4 to 1/3 of a 10 yard pile of mulch.

Run today after work over at the lake.

QOTD: I have been sort of binge watch Game of Thrones from the beginning but realize I will not make it through them all before the final season begins. I am only about to start season 4. Still makes me mad when characters jump the shark from the book.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bert- deer poop consolidated

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

We had some pretty severe weather pass through last night. I managed to get up and get a loop in this morning. I stuck to the gravel road with a little bit of trail. I just didn't feel like having muddy feet today.

QOTD: I finished what I have available with my hulu subscription of Homeland a few weeks back. I think I got through season 5. I could buy season 6 for $14.99, and I guess I can buy season 7 for the same price. I may do that when my wife and girls go to Gulf Shores next weekend. It depends on whether or not I have killed a turkey. The limit is two, but once I kill one, I just like to like to goof off in the woods after that, explore.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Goal was to run 9 this morning but I had Jack and since he was dragging yesterday I didn't want to push him today.  We ran 5 ish But in the end I could have ran him another mile or two.  Going to beginners Yoga at lunch.

QOTD:  Streaming...is that like going to the theater and getting a DVD?  Nurse Jackie  Doing Game of Thrones next.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Yup, definitely deer scat.

Did 6 trail miles out at Donald park. Things are starting to firm up pretty good despite rain most of yesterday. Very much spring like today as we're heading to the low 70's. Got a couple chores to do then I'll be hopping on my road bike for my first ride of the season. Gonna quit my part time job next week Wednesday. I'll look for a different part time gig next winter but until then it will be some serious play time. The good life.

Maybe I get to meet a dinosaur tomorrow. When I see Mandy tomorrow I get to meet that critter of hers. I'll file a report.

QOTD--Not currently, not much time it seems but I want to watch Veep also. Every episode I have seen has been great so I'd like to watch from the beginning.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ lucky stiff! 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

bert- deer poop consolidated

Thanks!  I think I will leave some MiraLax out for them.  Constipation is no good for anyone, especially if on my lawn. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

dhuffman63

Trails

I managed to get zero miles last week..and now I'm in KC for an audit but I'm feeling like exercising again so perhaps some miles this week.  We spent most of the weekend driving to one happening or another.  Apple trees have buds and little flowers so hopefully I'll get apples this year.  It's going to be in the 30's overnight this weekend though.

qotd: no binge watching but we also watched Highwaymen.