Trailer Trash

Feels Like Sunday Saturdaily (Read 23 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning! I've been up since 2 am making apple pie, and when it is done baking I am heading out for 8 on the trails. Weatherwise here, it has been beautiful and promises to be perfect today as well. I am looking forward to seeing the sun rise.

Funny story from yesterday's run. I was running the bike path and could hear machinery running up the way on a stretch of single track. I usually don't run it in the summer because it is impassable due to vegetation and blow downs. I decided to check it out. Up ahead were two men brush hogging and trimming the trail. They were volunteers with the North Country Trail Association. We chatted and found we all graduated from the same high school, one of them just two years before I graduated. Then...I looked at his teeth...I had seen those teeth before. I asked his last name..."OH MY GOD!, we dated in high school!" he asked my name...and remembered who I was. We had a pretty good laugh about it. I thanked them both for the trail maintenance...and went off to finish my run.

Qotd: he would probably be less than flattered that the trigger for my memory was his crooked teeth. What attribute do you think people from your high school days would most recall about you? I was mostly known for the fact my life revolved around horses when I was growing up. That was what this gentleman recalled, and I am unaware of anything that made me stand apart from the other anonymous People at school.  When I am 80 my work friends will likely recall me as the "lady who ran a lot".

I hope you all have a great 4th of July!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

6.1 trail miles last night,even did some speed work.

I hope everybody has a safe and happy Fourth of July!

Moonlight, let me know when my apple pie is done baking please!

QOTD I would probably be remembered for being a deadhead and my sweet, fluffy afro (it was so fluffy that my favorite party trick was hiding 20 cigarettes in my hair.

AT-runner

Tim

Running buddy cancelled on me so went for a run in the rain. Trails were slick and muddy and light rain, at times, wasn't so light, but running in the rain always makes me feel like a kid. It was a good morning.

moon - Apple pie is my favorite.

Muppy - 20 cigs in your fro, nice visual.

QOTD:  I swam every day before HS, so I usually smelled like chlorine and my blonde hair was usually white or a slight tint of green.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Just got home from work and jumped in the shower. I just realized I should have saved the water pump the work and just stood out on the back deck. The rain's coming down pretty good here right now. Looks like it's supposed to move through in a hour or two then I'll head up on the mountain for some hill repeats.

Moon - I was going to ask how you remember teeth from that long ago .  And BTW, you can send my share of the pies to muppy and AT. However, if you make any peach pies then send me their share .

QOTD: I suspect if you dropped my name around any of my class mates they would reply with a puzzled look and a  "who's that"?  To be fair some of that is because I dropped out after 9th grade. Part of it's because I was the quiet one.

moonlightrunner

I was googling to try and find out how Dave Mackey is recovering from his gruesome fall in Boulder. I am ashmed to say...I don't know how to post a link. But it is a June 9 article at running.competitor.com that talks about his many complex surgeries. His treatment has included removal of muscle and bone that was not healing, transplant of muscle from the back of his calf to the front to provide increased circulation, skin grafts and more to come. All with inadequate insurance. Wow..the treatment sounds as gruesome as the injury!

Btw: the pie would not win any prizes at the fair. I hope it tastes good!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy 4th!  Going to take the day off (slim chance of hitting the dread mill for a few inclined miles- I've missed the short window for running this morning already) as I have family visiting.

qotd: I was in high school in the mid 70's- think Jeff Spicoli and Ridgemont High , I think classmates (teachers even more so!) would be very surprised that I went onto a long career in law enforcement

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I had planned to run a gnarly trail I have not been on in a few years this morning.  Little did I know until last night it would be raining a good bit.  I ran it anyway.  It was filled with big climbs (one that had a 40% incline at one point), slick rock, shoe sucking mud, a sweet 3 mile downhill, bushwhacking, and oh yeah...I was soaked to the bone at the end.  It was a blast.  Total of 16 miles.

Apple pie sounds great right about now.  Great story moonlight!

QOTD: I was tall, thin and quiet in High School.  I am still all three now 20+ years later.

Have a great 4th!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

14 trail miles with my bride and both my pointers. We ran the hills in the snow basin ski area. It's one of my favorite spots, but this is the first time I've made it out that way this year. It's funny, because if I have to drive 10 minutes to get to trails, I'll almost never go. It's juts too far.

QOTD: Very easy question, but it's not really a physical characteristic. I'm mostly remembered for being the dude that married his hot blonde english teacher.

some call me Tim

Grab bag of about 7 miles this am. A local boys and girls club does a 10k with relay option that sees quite a bit of competition. 40 and change put us 3rd for mixed teams.

And I am now on the couch. Not really prepared for 5k efforts these days.

anyway, I'm getting back my strength for grilling later.. I'm sure it'll be fine.

happy fourth, everyone!

qotd: Pippin. I was in the musicals most of the way through.. Getting the lead my senior year suddenly made me popular with most of the school. That'd be a hard year to top

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

A few rough and muddy trail miles along Strouds Run and the lake there. Nice area.

moonlight: is the recipe worth posting, please?

QOTD: my nose. Runs in the family, and as much as I tried to get rid of its characteristic shape (broke it twice and had a rhinoplasty), it succeeded. To make the visual easier, my nickname was "Eagle".

happy 4th!

Run for fun.

slosh

18 miles with ten others this morn.  A buddy was back in town so we all met up; was a great run.

Qotd:  I guess a jock.  At least that's what I heard at a reunion and was introduced to a few friends wives.  Was a little surprising to me because I was friends with all "clicks" and made good grades.  I was voted most athletic but I thought I was more than that; guess not.

moonlightrunner

A few rough and muddy trail miles along Strouds Run and the lake there. Nice area.

moonlight: is the recipe worth posting, please?

QOTD: my nose. Runs in the family, and as much as I tried to get rid of its characteristic shape (broke it twice and had a rhinoplasty), it succeeded. To make the visual easier, my nickname was "Eagle".

happy 4th!

Probably not...I am still trying to find a crust that I can work with and tastes good. But...I made a great Spicey roasted corn salad I will post on the recipe thread. I used fresh sweet corn...Yum!