Trailer Trash

Big Fat Raccoon Wednesdaily (Read 19 times)

Sandy-2

Guess what I saw on my run this morning?  Holy smokes it was the biggest raccoon I have ever seen.  It didn't help that I was half asleep and nearly bumped into it.  Just glad it ran away into the woods and didn't attack.  Hate to see that headline....

It was a really nice morning to be out running, crisp and cool.  Very surprised that I was the only one out there today.  Well.. just me and the raccoon.

Have a great day everyone.

qotd: I got nothin'.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Rocky Racoon checked into his room,

Only to find Gideon's Bible.

No run last night, just a walk with the Lady up at the local trail. They really tore the place up over the winter cutting down trees. Not sure what their plan was up there in that nature area. They call it an arboretum but they hacked half the trees down. It's a mess right now, hacked trees down everywhere, piles of logs and branches. Perhaps they were trying to weed out invasive species but it looks like they weeded out everything. Maybe it will look better after spring growth.

Will get out for 6-7 miles after work today.

QOTD: Nothing from nothing leaves nothing. But something divided by nothing is infinity. Thought for the day.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

We have some really big raccoons out here too.  We sometimes get them in the barn since we have barn cats and their food is in a bowl.  They can be so mean.

Did 3 last night and am deciding on whether to do a last 3 before PS or take off.  My back was hurting last night so I put some of the CBD lotion I have on it and so far so good today.  My RHR was high though.  3 tonight isn't going to help me with 31 on Sat.  Still weather stalking, really don't want rain and cold.

Friday Night

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 1am, then a slight chance of showers between 1am and 4am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday

A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7am, then a slight chance of showers between 7am and 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

LB2

4 miles this morning through some smoky woods, stumps still flaming. I love burned woods when they are done right.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It down poured all last night but stopped for our 7 mile run. 

QOTD:  Expect Nothing and you will never be disappointed.

Jamie:  Yea what was up with the tear face you posted the other day?

XT:  We ran by a burned pile.  at the park.  They cut the trees down, sliced them up, threw them in a sink hole and set them on fire.  Instead of letting them rot in the woods making the soil healthy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Ran just under 4 earlier. Had a headache that wasn't going away so I turned back sooner than the plan. Will get out for another 4 this afternoon (I have committed to meeting a friend, so it will happen!).  Meanwhile, I'm trying to settle in on our northern Arizona housing for next month. I think I delayed too long on booking an Antelope Canyon tour. Still haven't figured out anything else.

XT-- Ash trees? We're seeing a lot of ash borer damage down here.  Keeping the arborists busy.

qotd: Here, I found this on the internet." Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough"  

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Uh sorry for the drive by emoji.  I was just bummed because I was not cleared to run as I thought I would be.  So a few more weeks - like 6 weeks.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Kinda figured it was that...sorry to hear Jamie.

Uh sorry for the drive by emoji.  I was just bummed because I was not cleared to run as I thought I would be.  So a few more weeks - like 6 weeks.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready to head out in the sun. A bit windy, but it should be nice. I too have s headache today, not sure where it is coming from, maybe I’m exhausted.

Jamie: Tough one, but the day will come! Hang in there.

Sandy: maybe it is all that genetically modified food in the dumpsters that lets the raccoons grow this big nowadays. I haven’t seen a raccoon around in a long time.

XT: my thought, like trails,  was also some pest control action?

dhuff: if the chance of rain is greater than 80%, don’t worry about it. It won’t rain. When it’s below 5%, it will start snowing. General rule for spring races. 

LB2:  Are you perfecting your scorched earth policy?

Queen: Disappointment is a fundamental element in the learning process though.

traildc: it’s called “spring headache” in Austria, and we are supposed to suffer from it. So now that we have had it, we can check it off the bucket list for this year. Yay! 

QOTD: Yes / No / Don’t know / Don’t care / Not my problem. The evolution of decision making.

Run for fun.

dhuffman63

Trails

FTYC...not even funny   In 2013 they had to stop the race with runners on the course because of a blizzard.  One of the OK runners, trailzombie was at 86 miles of his 100 when they got pulled.  It's certainly a crapshoot here in the Midwest as to spring weather.  I just want this one done and my DNF erased...at least in my mind.  LOL

I'm sorry to hear that Jamie...better heal up and not spend years still dealing with the pain.  Running will be there.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Dhuff: it is cruel having to run in either ice cold spring rain, or a blizzard. Darn spring races. I once almost froze my hands (frostbite) in a snow squall at a spring 50k. The chance of precipitation was 2%!!

I warmed up a bit when I bellyflopped into a mud puddle, boy was I lucky at that race. 

Hoping that the weather will turn out well for you!

Run for fun.