Trailer Trash

Snow and Sleet Saturdaily (Read 28 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Everyone frozen into a popsicle yet? 

Pretty quiet over here.

Sleet and snow falling from the sky in my corner of the world. The weather forecast did not lie. It has gotten cold!

No run now, perhaps later in the evening, or just a rest day. I am tired, so maybe I'll take a nap instead of a run.

QOTD: pass.

Enjoy the weekend, runners!

Run for fun.

muppy

6 miles last night.

It it was a perfect  39° this morning!

QOTD What  is your ideal running temperature?

I'd say anything  in the mid to low  40s is ideal!

moonlightrunner

No run yet. Hoping for late this afternoon or evening. I would real-time to take a nap if I can convince two grandchildren to do the same.

Qotd: anything 50-65 degrees I works for me!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I ran around Pine Grove Furnace SP today and up along an AT section. On our way downhill we passed a large family group walking up to a Vista and the mother said to me "oh, be careful, there're lots of rocks". All my years of trail running and never had anyone try to warn me.  Pretty funny.

QOTD : Low to mid 40's. You know, the temperature where XT puts on a shirt and Marie puts on a parka.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Just getting back from a XC meet and I need to warm up a bit before a run.  I'll head out to the gym for a quick workout/treadmill run before we head to our friend's annual oysterfest.

qotd:  Yesterday was probably my ideal -- mid to upper 50s, dry and sunny.  Still short sleeves and skirt weather.

some call me Tim

I still haven't decided if it's gonna be a rest day or not. I did some ditch digging... here's hoping I can finish all this crap before everything freezes.

qotd: 65-70 if it's humid, a little warmer if it isn't. I don't like to have to wear a shirt if I can help it.

NorthernHarrier

Weather in beautiful Presque Isle Wi. at 2:00 p.m.--37F with snow on my peninsula. Finally some good grouse hunting weather.  After taking a couple days of rest my legs felt energetic and alive again so I ended the work week with a couple awesome evening trail runs. About to head out with Cloe in pursuit of the wily ol' partridge but hopefully a short and easy run by headlamp a little later. Planning something longish (for me anyway) tomorrow.  Most leaves around here are now in my yard but we had incredible color for about ten days here. An awesome fall period.

In other news we have now just had our 3rd wolf vs. human attack in our state that I am aware of this year. Of course the granola crunchers continue to spread the myth that wolves will not attack people. LOL!  Our DNR investigators have been instructed by the propaganda machine to not make any public statements, not that it would be truthful anyway! Well between us and Minnesota we have the highest density of wolves in the lower 48 and no real management plan and no honesty from the officials. Dog and livestock depredation are way up too, not surprisingly. I used to pack only on my nighttime runs up here but now I'll be packing on all my runs and hikes in the north country. Pretty ridiculous.   Not just paranoia as I have had a few real close encounters in the past. End of editorial.

QOTD--45F-55F

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Up and out early for 10 this morning.  Was cold, or at least I am not used to the cooler temps yet.  Had to wear gloves.

Harrier - wolves eh? No fatalities right?

Speaking of wildlife encounters, a co-worker's husband got charged by a mama bear the other day.  She never attacked but apparently grunted a bit and stood her ground.  Oh and it's in an area I like to run.

QOTD: I would say 40's and 50's are perfect to me.

Have a good one.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Harrier - wolves eh? No fatalities right?

Just one that is questionable and that happened just a couple miles from here. I can never get a link to work on this chrome book but if you google Lakeland times Presque Isle wolf attack there is information on a death of an older woman this past winter. The autopsy says she died of a heart attack and then was dismembered by either wolves or a dog. Body parts were never found.The sheriff says there is no wolf activity in the area but I have a friend who lives real near there who had one on his driveway so who knows. Maybe the attack was coming and she had the heart attack as a result.

We have also had 29 dogs killed by wolves as of Oct 2nd for the year with most being hunting dogs and 6 being general pets that were pulled down right in their yards including one about 10 miles from here. In the latest human attack a couple weeks ago a guy was out scouting a hunting spot and was attacked by a pack of 3. He kicked the the first incoming in the face and it backed off and then the other two came in hard. He was able to draw his .380 and hit one and they all ran off at the shot. The entire incident happened in a matter of a couple seconds. The investigators confirmed the attack took place and followed the blood trail for  a distance before it vaporized.  Interesting stuff.

Never worried at all with all the bear we have around here and all my encounters were pretty cool but when you have a few stare downs with wolves including one at 10 feet it is a little unnerving.

Sandy-2

No run on Saturday. Was helping my DW at a charity event for most of the day. It was an International Festival and they were selling food and doing a kids game, raised money for a local soup kitchen and an orphanage.

Got up early this morning and did 20 mi on the flats along the river. We're having a bit of Indian Summer here, upper 70s yesterday and today.

NH, dang I once had a close encounter with a dog pack that was bad enough, can't even imagine a wolf encounter.

qotd:  low 40s.

tbd.

LB2

I ran a little over 2 hours Saturday morning.

QOTD: I like temps in the 40's to 50's. I stay comfortable all day and all night in that range. However, I am perfectly fine, and thoroughly enjoy, temps in the 20's once I get rolling. I don't like standing around in shorts waiting for a race to start with temps in the low 30's and the wind blowing. I stood for 30 minutes beside the tailpipe of a truck one morning last year.

LB2