Trailer Trash

Feeling Good Fridaily (Read 46 times)

Occasional Runner

I ran 5 road miles this morning so I could get my legs turning over quickly. It felt surprisingly good.

QOTD: What's your favorite meal after a long run or race?

Pizza and beer always works great for me

jonferg67

Endless trails

Got a little snow here in Mass., 10-12" or so. Maybe this is a good day to

go check out the treadmill in the fitness room, at the very least I'm doing a core

workout.

Stay safe out there, folks, dangerous temps today in the mid-west and northeast.

QOTD: Tuna fish sandwich, chips and chocolate milk.

runtraildc

Morning!  Got 3 inches here in DC, so enough to close schools.  After spending a week in mostly sub-zero temps, 20+ seems balmy and I'm chuckling at our weather folks talking about 'dangerous' temps.  It's all relative, I guess.  I"ll get out for a short run in the snow later this afternoon.  Haven't decided which trail, yet.

qotd:  Haven't been doing any long runs lately, but normally, grilled cheese with tomato on really good bread.  Yum.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran 5 road miles this morning so I could get my legs turning over quickly. It felt surprisingly good.

Nutso. 

I ran 4.3 last night and it was too damn cold out there, so Bella and I turned it into sort of a fartlek/tempo run.  SRD today.

QOTD: Pizza and beer is high on my list, too.  Or some sort of sandwich with french fries.  I can eat a lot of french fries.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Nutso. 

Training for a 50k next weekend, Mandy.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Training for a 50k next weekend, Mandy.

Nutso. 

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Spending 12 hours at work today. Took a nasty fall on the ice yesterday and hurt my right hand and wrist. At this point I'm not sure if I bruised it, sprained it or may have broke something. At least it's not my legs so I can still run .

QOTD: After training runs I just slug a protien shake. After races I love Bar-b-q chicken. There are several races here in central PA that have great chicken. It's one of the things that draws me back to them.

muppy

Got in 5.7 yesterday before the snow, today's A cross training day (that means I'm shoveling snow at work all day, it was 7* with 44 mph winds in good old Hershey PA this morning)

QOTD I make a tasty tuna salad wrap with pickles and crumble cheese nip crackers on top before I roll it up.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Got short run in the snow yesterday.  We ended up with 6" here.  My parking lot at the office looks like a skating rink and temperature is right around 12 degrees right now.  Look like screw shoe run tomorrow.

Ended up buying a Subaru Outback.  Drives great in the snow, so far.  First trip to the trails tomorrow.

QOTD:   Pancakes and eggs after a long race (breakfast food works well for my stomach as long as nothing fried).  After a long run it's chocolate milk with either a banana or a granola bar.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Ended up buying a Subaru Outback.  

Huh...I didn't know you were a lesbian.

ceezy

Rest day for me.

QOTD:

Yeah, hard to beat Pizza and good ice cold beer.

Happy running everyone.

Sandy-2

Took a rest day yesterday and then today did 5.  A "dangerous" 32 deg this morning.

qotd: Nothing like a nice steak after a long race.

tbd.

sugnim

I worked late last night, came in to work early today, and am picking my sister up from the airport after work.  No running today.  Excuses, excuses!  I hope to get up and out early tomorrow morning before anyone in the house is up for some quality time on the trails.

QOTD: Jonferg67 took the lunch right out of my mouth!  That is exactly what I have after a long, hard run as well.  Smile

XtremeTaper

Sort of white out there today but just 6-7" of snow I'd guess. Light powdery stuff. May or may not run today. Probably could use a day off but we shall see. Definitely hit the trails tomorrow. Did some lifting last night at the gym plus 400 yd swim. I'm closing in on a mile of swimming this week. Now if the gym would just provide beer service for my post swim soak in the hottub life would be perfect.

QOTD: Winter time I like breakfast food and coffee. Other times of the year a cheeseburger, fries, and beer. I do always try to slurp down a yogurt immediately post long run in all seasons.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Marley and I got out for a nice 2.5 mile run.  It was a good workout despite being short.  The snow varied from 4" to knee deep depending on the drifting.

QOTD: It depends on time of day and time of year.  In summer I like to start out with a smoothie and then maybe quesadillas and refried beans.  Pizza is good too.  If it is one of my crazy early runs that starts well before daylight, my home made muffins are good as is oatmeal especially in cold weather.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida