Trailer Trash

MMT Monday (Read 24 times)

XtremeTaper

Congrats to Keystone for his MMT finish. He was looking good when I saw him at Shawl Gap, mile 38. It had been raining for about an hour or so then but the day seemed perfect prior to that.

No run for me today. After quite a few weeks of steady training I am going to take a huge cutback week, catch up on my yardwork, and rest the legs a bit before the final 10 days of training and then taper.

QOTD: Have you volunteered at an ultra? What did you do?

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6db34b3127cceec4b0f5b74ba00000040O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020160515144604920.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6db34b3127cceec4a558c540c00000050O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020160515144605036.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Morning folks!  I got in 6 slowish miles yesterday along the hiker biker trail. It was late afternoon and it was surprisingly quiet (and quite nice). Apparently, everyone went out earlier or was trying to keep out of the wind (20-30 mph). Although last week was low miles, they were hard, fast and hilly miles. My legs needed a break.

Congratulations, Keystone!

qotd: Yes, the kiddos and I have helped at one of the Stone Mill aid stations for a few years. It's a lot of fun.

moonlightrunner

Congrats, Ketstone!

Not sure if I will run today. I am still pretty sore today. I have come to the conclusion that I .ight have cracked or bruised a rib on Saturday...although my quads hurt more than anything.

Qotd: I have volunteered...I've worked registration, parking and aid stations.

I hope everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Keystone.  Waiting for the RR now.

Was away at the end of last week in Avalon , NJ on my last golf trip for a while.  Had 2 nice runs along the beautiful houses and the beach. They have a lot of erosion to deal with from the winter, so might not be ready by Memorial day.  Second run, I was trying to get in before the rain, but didn't make it.  Rain lasted only a few minutes and then a beautiful rainbow.

QOTD:  Yes. Have worked AS, have been a sweeper (not fun) and have marked the course (like that the best).  Also have been a crew for DW and a friend, and that's a lot of fun, but stressful. I have all the respect i the world for Jo Agnew and what she does for Kelly.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Planning to get out for my first post race recovery run and start breaking in a new pair of shoes, Glycerine 13s.

QOTD: Have never specifically gone to an ultra as a volunteer, but often offer to help at the aid station after I finish while the longer races are still being contested.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

muppy

5.4 miles and 5.6 trail miles over the weekend.

Congratulations Keystone!

QOTD   I usually volunteer with a 50 K as a sweep and picking up the trash left behind.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  (There's still 8 more minutes left of morning.)

I managed some decent miles over the weekend -- even got out on the trail a little bit.  Today is a SRD.  I am trying to tend to my fucked up feet.  Once I cure one thing, another issue pops up.  It's getting really old...

QOTD:  Yes.  I've worked at an aid station with many other people before -- fun!  I've also headed an aid station and had just one other person helping me -- not so fun!  Stressful!  OMGWENEEDMOREPB&JNOW!  I've also been a course sweeper -- fun, until you're loaded up with ribbons and flags and signs and still have 5 more miles worth to pick up.  I've also worked an aid station at Ironman -- fun, because it was during a time frame with the back of the pack folks.  We didn't deal with the elites at all.

Running is dumb.

Keep Going

So great to meet you Taper! You looked like Taper!! ha whatever that means right?

Thanks so much everyone! No running for me today. I can barley walk. But I will go for a walk later to speed up the healing. Always better to move.

HAHA those photos.. I'm a mess..I was in a great mood flying down that runnable hill in the rain towards that station! Exactly 11 hours later I was on top of Kerns Mountain with that bitter cold high wind questioning my very existence and wanting to just sit and cry.  Gotta love the 100 mile roller coaster. But I finished smiling in 32:58! I'll take it all day.

qotd: No but my first one is scheduled. I will be working the overnight aid station at Montour 24 Hour In Danville Pa in July so sign up and do some trail loops in a great little park. I did the 12 hour version last year and it was so fun.

100 milers are my favorite

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 15 miles yesterday...the heel is hurting today..so didn't run but may after work.  Gym at lunch for gore.. (gut/core)

QOTD: I've worked as WS at an aid station.  So cutting, chopping and feeding folks.  I have also hung out with Jo while she was crewing for Kelly.  So I was crewing a crewer.  I also paced/crewed Jason at WS that was fun.  Waiting for one you guys to run WS.

Keystone looks like he was having a good time/run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Having  a horrible day at work and need a run, but alas since I'm at work that means no run .

Congrats to all the racers this past weekend.

Keystone - I'm signed up for the Montour 12 hour daytime run so I should see you there.

QOTD: No, but I would like to at some point in time. For some reason I keep thinking it would be fun to be the sweeper on a section of a 100 mile course.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats Keystone- one hell of an accomplishment!

strength train this evening; got a really good training session in Saturday; we were on snowshoes more than we weren't - was surprised (pleasantly) by the amount of snow

qotd: I've helped clear trails for races, but have always been in the ones around here, definitely appreciate the volunteers though

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi early today (Tues).  Just a beautiful early morning run, sunrise, 48 deg, clear, no clouds, low humidity and gentle breeze.

Congrats keystone, well done.

qotd: I typically work the Damnation aid station at RR100 doing all sorts of stuff that just needs to be done. RR is a 5-loop course and the runners go by Damnation twice per loop so its a busy place back in the middle of nowhere in the woods.  I've also worked at a few lesser known local 50k and 50 mile runs. Definitely gives you an appreciation for the folks at the aid stations when you are running.

tbd.