Trailer Trash

Monday, Monday (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

Freezing rain moving in here shortly so I think it's a gym day. They did a 'refresh' over the holidays, including  new treadmills. How exciting. Yesterday was the first day in two weeks I felt not sick, so I restrained myself and just walked errands, getting in 4 miles and lots of sunshine.

qotd: Holidays are over, hitting the dead of winter. Any exciting travel or other plans coming up? Us, not much, though DH is making noise about going to Florida for spring break. But not someplace traditional, something about a stilt house. We'll see. Thought about heading north in February for a long ski weekend in NH-VT, but after Xmas, I'm not really keen on a long car drive anywhere.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I think I will take a rest day.

DC - glad you are feeling better.  lots of sickness going around.  So far our family has avoided any of it but for how long I wonder...

QOTD: Well we just booked a place in Chincoteague for the summer.  It will be our third summer in a row there.  DW was a bit hesitant but when I found a place that would allow us to bring the dog, she was all in.  So back there we go.  But that's not for a while.  Nothing really until then.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

SRD for me.

qotd: our DS is coming to visit us in 2 weeks so that’ll be fun. Other than that nothing much.  I do have a business trip to London and Oslo in the spring and I’m trying to convince my DW to join me.

tbd.

Gator eye

Six road miles in fresh snow. I say six but after following my tracks on my way to work I should claim 6.5. My tracks looked like a drunk sailor, they were all over the road from one side to the other

QOtD: nothing planned

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Need to get out earlier than usual. Forecast is freezing rain and sleet after 2:00 pm.

qotd: I'm still working on race plans which have a major bearing on travel and vacation plans. Looks like I waited too long to register for Powderface in Alberta again, so I'm looking for another Canadian race in the Rockies to combine with hiking around Banff and Lake Louise.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

GC100k

Need to get out earlier than usual. Forecast is freezing rain and sleet after 2:00 pm.

That stuff supposed to start any minute now here. I snuck out to the gym for 5 treadmill miles and decided to work at home today. If it's not too bad, I might sneak out in a little bit to the other gym for some squats and deadlifts.

We never do vacations. I do travel to remote parts of the world for work in the summers and sometimes spring break.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So my new plan is to mimic a back to back. So long run Sunday and than run met friends for 6 miles today.  Plan is to make this a 10 mile day.  If I didn't have plans to meet them I would have slept in since I am sore and it was raining.  I have a hard time seeing in the dark especially when it rains.  So I passed the road, turned around, and than hit a totally wrong road.  So after 20 minutes of extra driving I met up with them.  They were in a hurry since one does not work and the other has Mondays off.

QOTD:  My yearly trip to Puerta Vallarta to visit my parents and sister is coming at the end of February.  Looking forward to warmth and sunshine.   Getting excited about some of the races I have signed up on.  Planning on making one a vacation.

Gatsby:  Car issues makes me think I will not be taking my little trip to your side this month.   Maybe February.

All you Midwest --  east coaster getting out in this shit impresses me...Warden use to it so not as impressed

AT:  Did you sign up?

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor, nature and water

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sue- I see I’m going to have to work hard to impress you 

going to hit the gym this evening to strength train

qotd: I’m hoping we can reschedule our Chico Hot Springs/Yellowstone trip- we got nixed out of it the end of December due to a large storm. I plan on renting out a Forest Service cabin a time or two before winter’s end (ski or snowshoe in) and a winter backcountry trip or two (DW generally leaves me solo on these- I’m mean what’s not to like about camping on 6’ of snow!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I don't think it's the camping she objects to but the naked old man in the hot springs. 

qotd: I’m hoping we can reschedule our Chico Hot Springs/Yellowstone trip- we got nixed out of it the end of December due to a large storm. I plan on renting out a Forest Service cabin a time or two before winter’s end (ski or snowshoe in) and a winter backcountry trip or two (DW generally leaves me solo on these- I’m mean what’s not to like about camping on 6’ of snow!)

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I don't think it's the camping she objects to but the naked old man in the hot springs. 

I guess that could be true 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

4 miles with the Lady at lunch at the local Sprogels Run trail. Still snow covered, but dang 25 with no wind and light freezing drizzle felt downright balmy after the deep freeze of the past few days.

QOTD: Maybe a few weeks in FL next month but mostly just to hang with the folks, run a few loops at the Whispering Pines Ultra, and make a short trip to one of the gulf coast islands. Not sure what else. I suspect I owe my wife a trip to somewhere nice and warm but our usual/favorite place in St. John will not be open this year due to hurricanes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

SRD today. I have had quite a few SRD's lately. Anyway, it was a total washout this morning. I wasn't going to run in that whether it was a rest day or not.

QOTD: Yes, No, Maybe, Yes, Definitely maybe, I don't know, and back to possibly. That is my wife... We had a plan to go out West to visit my oldest daughter. Then, we wanted to save the money. Then, it was maybe we will go, definitely a maybe. Now, it is not sure because we need to do some landscape stuff... I may fly out for a weekend. My wife and little ones may go to the beach with my sister in law. The only thing that is highly likely at this point is a few days camping and hunting in the national forest not far from here but in Mississippi during the Easter break. Louisiana has pushed our turkey season back to start April 7th, which is after our Easter break. Over my life as a turkey hunter, I have probably killed 85 percent of my turkeys during the last week of March. I like the season change, but it is really nice to have Easter break the last week of March. Nevertheless, the Mississippi season opens on March 15th every year, regardless of the day of the week. But they are super hard to kill up there because the pressure is intense. However, trespassing is so prevalent here that hunting a good piece of private land is not unlike hunting a piece of public land in other states.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today, but leaving work early due to ice storm, so may run a bit around home with screw shoes.

Queen - What race?  Oh yes, Oregon for a 50 mile. Will sign up for lottery tonight or tomorrow. Think it's open for a few days,

QOTD:  Go to see In-laws near Hilton Head Island in March (they are in their mid 80's so it's actually more of a wording vacation doing all the tings my FIL can't do anymore.) Golf trip in April to Alabama, and then wait and see if I'm going to Oregon this summer.  If not, we'll go to Oregon later in the summer or early fall to see DD#1.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Spending a miserable day at work.  No running. Nice winter weather here.

QOTD:  Unsure.  We were going to make plans to go away somewhere in March. Decided not to because we didn't want to hit the coast over spring break and the mountains will still be snowed in. Dollywood wouldn't be open either.  Then there is the uncertainty over my BIL and his illness,  he's not looking too good anymore.  As far as the rest of the year, things are shitty enough at work right now that I don't really want to plan any vacations only to have to change.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I procrastinated too long so it was sleeting by the time I got out. Footing was terrible, slipping at times even when power walking. Couldn't tell was was wet, what was icy.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.