Trailer Trash

Tick Tuesdaily (Read 10 times)

Yuck, I found a tick in my arm last night. Was pretty small, not swollen, so hopefully it wasn’t there long.  It must have been from Saturday since I haven’t been on trails or brush since then.  Maybe in something I was wearing, then hopped in to me when I did laundry yesterday.  Monitoring the bite spot.  After I removed it of course. But now I feel them everywhere.  Going to clean the house today. 

SRD yesterday, 6 miles after work today.

QOTD: Any advice or experience with ticks?  I haven’t had a tick since I was a kid. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Did 13 mi this morning, 7 running and 6 walking with my friend.  It was such a nice cool morning that I just had to get out, it was 48° !!!!! 

The Adventure Race went great!!!  We ended up doing about 46mi on the mtb, 20mi paddling canoes and 9mi trekking for 75mi in total.  We were out there for about 21 hours. We all had an absolute blast, no one got hurt ,or bonked, or got too wet/cold, no one cried and lots of smiles and laughter- so that was good.  Report and pics soon.

qotd: Like you have done, get them off asap and hopefully before they bite. I know what you mean, once you find a tick after that you feel like there are more crawling on you. It’s creepy.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles (900') with my wife and TE- our 42nd Anniversary today- fancy restaurant this evening! 

qotd: Funny our tick season is long over, usually confined to Spring.  Does No Cal have Lyme disease?  If so be very vigilant watching the bite area; we're fortunate hasn't made it to Montana (yet anyways)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Does No Cal have Lyme disease?  If so be very vigilant watching the bite area; we're fortunate hasn't made it to Montana (yet anyways)

We are also fortunate it hasn’t made it down to TX yet.

tbd.

Yes, we’ve got ticks with Lyme disease here. I’m definitely watching the bite area closely.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

XtremeTaper

A nice 5 this morning out at Whispering Pines in FL. One might even call this a run instead of a slog jog. Legs seem to be loving the soft hard packed sand trails.

Took Birdie and Baker out to our favorite park after that, Rainbow Springs, and a drive out to the Gulf. Chilly at the coast.

QOTD:  Ticks in our area for sure. Not many this fall, but spring was bad. I've had them on me too many times to count but usually catch them right away. Did get lyme 2 years ago, felt like cold/covid flu then I saw the bullseye rash. Went away quickly once I started the antibiotics.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: They don't seem to like me, they land on me, crawl around and that's when I find them and remove them.  Rarely does on bite but again I find it right away and remove it.  There's Lyme here in OK so I'm glad they, and mosquitos also, don't like me.