Trailer Trash

The Thursday (Read 19 times)

LB2

5 before daybreak. It wasn't fast. But it was good.

QOTD: Do you like running in the morning, mid day, or evenings?

I like mornings. Starting my day with a run gives me energy and a positive attitude.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

6.5 this morning.  Sluggish at best.

QOTD: Good timing for this question I suppose.  I am trying to go back to morning running.  But boy I am sluggish early in the morning.  I run better late at night for whatever reason.  I am sure I don't allow myself enough time in the mornings to truly get ready to run.  I am barely out of bed before I lace up the shoes and am out the door.  This morning run stuff might not last...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

Knee feels better this morning but still held off on running, I think I'll take the whole week.

QOTD: defiantly mornings. Afternoon runs just don't feel right, to many people gawking and getting in the way. Early in the morning there is nobody around but me, the dog, and the glowing eye's that watch us pass.

AT-runner

Tim

Started at 6:30 this morning and got in 10 on the AT.  Saw 5 Thru Hikers heading North. They were all going to make it to Pine Grove Furnace for the 1/2 Way Ice Cream Challenge.  One guy looked pretty ragged, like he needed way more calories. The others looked strong.

Gator - hope that knee continues to improve.

QOTD:  Early.  If I wait, something always seems to gets in the way and take time away from my run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

6 slow, easy, and breezy miles with the Lady at Coventry Woods last night. Unusually cool evening after a front blew some storms through the area mid-day. Still breezy today, but a day off from running. I will hit the planet of fitness at lunch, mow the yard and walk the dogs this evening.

QOTD: I like running in the evening/after work the most. A good stress relief, plus my body has been awake all day, plus well, it's a good lead in to supper and relax time. That said the times I do run early in the morning, I like the energy it gives you but alas I am very slow early in the morning and prefer to sleep later. I tend to only do wake up and go runs when on vacation with missus.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

About to start raining here, maybe some heavy stuff too. The weather peeps get all excited and start talking about maybe some real large hail and any other objects falling from the sky. Well I really don't want to be hit by a cow or astroid so I'll do a workout in the man cave. Heading north after lunch.

Warden--Classic movie line from a flick I never get tired of watching.  Love the scene where the dude pounds the 2x4 into his floor, props another against it and the door and then the perps come and the door opens out. Classic!

QOTD--Yes.  To be more specific, whenever I can based on schedule. No preference.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bike to work, two weeks now w/o running; ankle is still slightly swollen in front, pain is tolerable, but there

going to to get a long run/hike/snowshoes  in on Saturday, should be good to go by then

NH- had a feeling you might be familiar with that movie, one of my all time favorites

qotd: if I wasn't working- mornings; I have to be to work pretty early so tend to run afternoon and evening; as the summer heats up I'm up at 4 to run out of necessity

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Morning, trailers   Got in a 5k on the treadmill last night, plus some elliptical.  Not sure that was the best idea as the foot is more sore today.  Still have some minor swelling and bruising in the toes and pad of my foot, so I'll take today and probably tomorrow off to give it more rest.  And skipping yoga since a lot of the moves require bending my foot and toes in the wrong direction. Maybe I'll get some weights and core in later.

qotd: Mornings for the energy and just getting it done, but late afternoons are physically the best runs for me.  Looking to this summer, swim practices are starting at 5:30 so it looks as if I'll be getting in some early morning runs.

Daydreamer1

Just finished up a 24 hour shift. My last one , at least at this job or until the azzhats that took them away realize that they won't be able to fill the schedule at certain stations without them. Sometimes they could be tough to get through, but it really was a nice lifestyle shift to work.

I'm going to get some kind of mileage in today, I'm just not sure how much.  It will be at least 5 but probably not more than 11. Really undecided today.

Sometime between noon and 6 pm, although at this time of the year I enjoy running into the dark.  When I was biking a lot about 10-12 years ago I'd get up and head out for a hard workout just as the sun was coming up. For some reason I can no longer get out of bed that early.

DigDug2

8 on the roads on a beautiful, spring-like morning in CT.

QOTD:  mornings, definitely - mentally a strong way to start the day, logistically there are the fewest potential conflicts.  I don't really like running in the dark, though, so in the winter I end up running at lunch time a lot.

LB2

QOTD:  mornings, definitely - mentally a strong way to start the day, logistically there are the fewest potential conflicts.  I don't really like running in the dark, though, so in the winter I end up running at lunch time a lot.

I was telling my wife last night that I really enjoy running in the dark through the woods. She was like, "Are you being serious?" In a 100 mile race, I know I will make it if I can just hold on until the sun goes down.

LB2

LB2

Just finished up a 24 hour shift. My last one , at least at this job or until the azzhats that took them away realize that they won't be able to fill the schedule at certain stations without them. Sometimes they could be tough to get through, but it really was a nice lifestyle shift to work.

How does a 24 hour work shift work?

LB2

muppy

15.4 trail miles yesterday discovered a new trail that  added a few more miles.

QOTD I prefer to run in the morning, but it doesn't usually  work out that way.  It's a great way to start the day .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Man I was just tired this morning and really should have at least walked the dog but I didn't.  Have a Ragner Relay meeting after work where they serve beer but may do something with mutts when I get home.

QOTD: Well I like the mornings because there is usually no one out there, it is cooler, makes me feel better the rest of the day, and you get it done and less to stop you from doing it.  The part I hate is going from rest to run.  Things hurt on my body and it would really be best if I warmed the joints up first.

Gator eye:  "Too many people gawking"   that's why I hate running out of the woods...too many people gawking which causes me to run too face...I just hate it!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Warden--Classic movie line from a flick I never get tired of watching.  Love the scene where the dude pounds the 2x4 into his floor, props another against it and the door and then the perps come and the door opens out. Classic!

Had to go look at Wed. Dailies to see the quote.  Classic film.

DS and I often use this quote - "That rug really tied the room together."

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!