Trailer Trash

Raindrops keep falling on my weekender (Read 17 times)

We're in-between storms now, more rain later.  This atmospheric river is not as major for us as others have been.  It's a warmer series of storms so it's probably wreaking havoc for folks still dealing with snow, since now it will melt.  Plus there's more moisture in warmer storms.  But nothing too bad here at the moment.

SRD yesterday, around 14 on tap for today.

QOTD: weekend plans?  I'm driving up to my dad's house, will do my run there and plus some chores for him.  Chores at home, including yard clean up, to make sure it's nice and clean for stuff that gets dumped during the next round of storms.    Maybe dinner with friends tomorrow.  Counting down the days until baseball season starts for real.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 3 miles slag with Jack and then back out for 5 more.  Beautiful day, sunny and white snow.  Sat on the deck a few hours in a tank too and a blanket to get some Vitamin D

Qotd:  nothing...maybe a 10 mile run somewhere new tomorrow.  Going to movie with sister; saw Chsmpions yesterday...cute feel good and going to Creed iii later even though I did not see one or two.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Slept in then did 7 mi this morning.

I decided to enter the Box of Rox next month. It’s a rocky trail run in the hills west of Austin. I have dnf’ed it the 2 times I have entered it, therefore have a love-hate relationship with the thing. It’s hilly, crudy footing, always hot, and four 13.1 mile loops. I’m definitely going to finish the f’ing thing this year!!  

qotd: I have some yard work to do and I really need to clean up my office. Been putting both off for a while.

tbd.

runtraildc

6 miles this morning. It felt like a slog, but got it done regardless. It was windy, especially on the back half of the loop. Even Chowder seemed to be working extra hard. Now, after a shower and nap, I'm trying to figure out dinner.

qotd: No big plans. Weather is improving tomorrow, so maybe hit the trails for 6-8. Need to plant my tomato seeds, making a white chicken chili and that might be the entire day.

NorthernHarrier

Oh man, all you guys mentioning yard work and I'm looking out at over 31" on the ground and 8 more forecast for tomorrow. But Queen is living right, catching some rays in spite of all the snow.  Did get out for 11 miles this morning then I shoveled out my fire pit and made a nice fire and enjoyed that for a couple hours.

QOTD--well I got the longish run in today. Tomorrow hangs in the balance with this snowstorm rolling in. We shall see. There will be rowing and weights regardless. Worst case, I'll drag a generator down to my shed and power up the elliptical if I can't run.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Shoveled snow for an hour this morning, but then took advantage of the snow and got in 4 miles x-country skiing with DW.

qotd: snowshoeing in the mountains tomorrow 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Got dumped on pretty good during my 14.5 miles this morning, despite no rain being in the forecast until later.  Mother Nature didn't like me dissing this weekend's atmospheric river.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

1.5 with Jack and then 8.5 alone for 10.  Didn't feel it when I started.  Yesterday I went to pull the cord to disengage the garage door and the rope came undone and I landed on my ass so my hip was hurting.  But I did learn the cord is to disengage, not to actually pull the full door down.     After run I chowed, yes chowed down a mango 🥭 sooooo yuummmmy

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd: snowshoeing in the mountains tomorrow 

10 miles (2200') on an absolutely glorious day- great to be alive! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Looks nice mt!!

I did 10 mi this dark morning due to the time change. Very warm and humid.

qotd update: I did the yard work but didn’t clean up my office. 

tbd.