Trailer Trash

The Weekender (Read 19 times)

muppy

6.3 miles around town last night.

QOTD nothing

Daydreamer1

40.3, 41.0 or 41.2 miles last night on the bike. All depends on if I go off my bike computer, Strava or Google maps. I'm going to go off Strava and adjust my computer for future rides.  While playing with Google Maps I discovered they have a biking component that shows elevation gain and loss. Might have to play with that a little more.

Just got back from a easy 4 miles with DW. Around 5ish I'll head up on the mountain for about 17-18 miles. Should be a little cooler by then.

QOTD: Let's think about conversation.  Do you like light, easy, quick conversation or do like to engage in more in depth conversations?  I like to have in depth conversations.  Often my kids get frustrated with me and accuse me of going down "bunny trails" and not getting to the point. I in turn tell them they only want to gloss over the surface of any topic. I find that is how most of the people I'm around are. They don't like to think too deeply.

NHLA

9 miles Lake Summit. Great place to run, Dirt - sandy road. Like a trail but no rocks and roots. Group run.

qotd  When someone is talking listen to what they say and don't think about what you are going to say next,

If they start rambling I will tell them you lost me and hope they get to the point.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Chores and I am sore!

Tomorrow I have a 26 mile run (paid for training run; why I don't know ) which is a big stretch for me right niw but figure tha gals I am going with there sill be a lot of walking.  It's at Lake Tahoe so will be beautiful vistas.  Stuffs in the car so I can sneak around the dog.

Qotd:  I do light conversation.  And avoid poltics.... Who wants to talk about trails, woods, food, beer, dogs, camping or good times... That's who I want to talk to.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Ran in a relay today...my last ever relay...EVER! I was slow (i think my anemia makes running difficult). And I got lost TWICE in one leg, and it was horribly hot. Two other teamates got lost...one had to get a ride...which dq'd us. I prefer individual events where my mistakes affect only me.

Qotd: in-depth...I love discussions of lots of issues...including politics.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Hi all, still no running and not much else either.  It's still the foot and anything that puts weight on the ball of my foot and/or flexs the toes bothers it.  Seems to be getting slightly better each day, but the treadmill run last wednesday set me back so I'm trying to restrain myself.  I'm starting to feel the crazies from not running.  It's hot, windy and generally miserable out so I'm at least not tempted by good running weather.

qotd: I can do either- small talk or deep thinking.  Depends on my mood and introverted/extroverted status.

NorthernHarrier

Awesome weather here this weekend. Nice trail run yesterday, some canoeing, supper over an open fire, (pork tenderloins) and a real nice mt. bike this morning. Pretty good weekend of generally nothing.

Daydreamer--from the other day, visualize legendary Hollywood tough guys Lee Marvin and Clint singing in I think the movie was Paint your Wagon. Different times indeed.

QOTD--Simple caveman here. Ugh. I have learned to be a pretty good listener these days however.

Daydreamer1

Awesome weather here this weekend.

Yep, That's because you sent  all the hot stuff down our way . Yesterdays 17.6 miles on the mountain was brutal. Partly because of my 41 mile bike ride the day before and partly because of the upper 80s low 90s. Today it's cooler, but windy.  Heading back up on the mountain for about 10-14 miles. It will be all on dirt roads so DW will ride along while I run. Legs feeling trashed so this may not go to well.

NHLA

8 miles on the trails today. Damn its hot.

moonlight  It sucks to get lost in a relay. I went the wrong way for two miles one time.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 22 on the flune trail in lake Tahoe ..It was a bit hard..was feeling the altitude..so had a gut ache..plus longest run in a while but beautiful views.  No idea why I am sleeping in this picture.  ðŸ˜Š

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Checking in after a very nice weekend away with the Mrs.  We celebrated our 15th anniversary (which isn't technically until Thursday).  Got in a very hard 8 miles this morning.  It felt humid but didn't think it was supposed to be.  It kicked my hyner though...

Queen - wow, that's a crazy view.  Dumb question but assuming that is lake Tahoe in the distance? I need to get out there, absolutely beautiful.

QOTD: Depends who I am talking to.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

This picture does not give the views of Lake Tahoe justice...you can see all the way across the lakes and it is surrond with snow topped mountians...you do need to cone here.  Smile

My phone takes crappy pictures and my lake of internet makes it hard but I will post a couple more.

Checking in after a very nice weekend away with the Mrs.  We celebrated our 15th anniversary (which isn't technically until Thursday).  Got in a very hard 8 miles this morning.  It felt humid but didn't think it was supposed to be.  It kicked my hyner though...

Queen - wow, that's a crazy view.  Dumb question but assuming that is lake Tahoe in the distance? I need to get out there, absolutely beautiful.

QOTD: Depends who I am talking to.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen of Nothing