Trailer Trash

HumpDaily (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained yesterday evening, head to the hills this evening for 4-5 miles

looks like several folks are bowing out of the Bob Open, some of them would be first timers- probably wise, always challenging conditions in the back country in May- these I would categorize as extraordinary

qotd: sport or hobby you’d like to try?  I’ve always been intrigued with the ocean, but have no experience- none, BUT looks like surfing would be fun

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Planted bulbs last night. 2 huge trash cans of them so that was my workout. I have a pretty good routine and it only took about 2 hours. I am half done. I think I will put off the second batch until tomorrow or Friday and get a run in tonight with the Lady. 5-7 miles at a trail TBD.

QOTD: Hmm. Maybe mountain biking, though not sure I can handle the bright bike clothes. Scuba diving would be cool but again big $$$ hobby with all the travelling. I did think about trying that once but decided against it.

Warden - I enjoy body surfing, but don't do it very often since I've moved away from the west coast. I have proper fear of the ocean after being thrown in the spin cycle by some 6-8 footers at Newport Beach one day.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Nothing today. Lunch meeting, so no time for a run or walk. Maybe something tonight if I'm up to it.

QOTD : I've done a lot of crazy stuff already, but haven't kite surfed. I think DC's hubby does it. What I really like to do is get back into spelunking. Did it one summer as an undergrad research assistant (looking into bats). Loved it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

warden - Of all the sports I've tried, surfing is among the most difficult.  I've been at it on and off for years and still can't stay up.  I might put pole vaulting and uni-cycling as possibly harder.  It's that stupid coordination and balance stuff that challenging for me.  Good thing running is just one foot in front of the other and falling on trail is just part of the fun.  OTOH, the other really cool thing about surfing is just sitting alone in the ocean listening to the waves and smelling the ocean air.  That in itself can be worth it.

XT - Yep, being thrown through the spin cycle a few times will earn a healthy respect for the ocean.

AT - Never did spelunking.  Probably the biggest issue for me is wiggling into tight spaces.  Bats and other critters I can handle.

For me, 3 shake-out miles tonight on trail.  Last run before the race.  Pretty much complete with the packing up the kitchen sink, so now obsessing over the weather.  Looks like it will hit the 80's on Saturday, but with possibility of showers and t-storms.  I would prefer rain and a little thunder over the heat.  I never do well in heat.

QOTD:  Curling.  I'm pretty sure that's one sport where if I drink more beer, I'd probably get better.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

years ago I was flipping through a Patagonia catalogue and there was a short article written by a native Hawaiian gal. She had a board she paddled out and was armed with a traditional fishing spear. Got into a big fish and after a long battle, got the fish- paddled back in and had supper. It was a beautifully written piece and has stuck with me for decades 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

I don't think I'll be running today. Still working on the kitchen and have a training to go to this evening so fitting in a short run is unlikely. It's really nice out, too. Oh well. DH is away so it makes dismantling (and not using) the kitchen until the weekend so that's my priority right now. Good time to catch up on my podcasts, too, while I work.  Damn AC folks haven't called back.

NH- I see the ice has broken up at the gunflint lodge since yesterday. Probably piled up at the other end of the lake, though 

Oh, this is a forum for running?

qotd: I've tried a lot (spelunking, climbing, biking, windsurfing, scuba diving/snorkeling, sailing, paddle boarding, what else...) so nothing new comes to mind. I'm glad I did spelunking when I was young because now those memories make me claustrophobic (it was really cool at the time). DH kitesurfs and I get asked all the time when I'm taking up the sport, but probably never.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh, this is a forum for running?

Definitely not. 

I'm taking a rest day today.  My legs are tired from all the biking I've been doing.  I guess I forgot to mention how we rode 54 miles on Saturday, just to get an ice cream cone.  (Yes, that was stupid.  Yes, there are much closer places to get ice cream cones.)

Oceans...yuck!  I'm not a beach/ocean girl.  I took surfing lessons once in Costa Rica and was really bad at it.  I thought it would have more in common with snowboarding, which I can actually do.  But NOPE!  I would try it again if the situation was right, but overall I'm not a water person.  Give me mountains and woods and canyons.

QOTD: I feel like I've tried most things that I've been interested in trying.  That said, Bert-o had a good idea - curling looks like it could be amusing.  I'll be the person who stands at the back and yells YEP! YEP!  HARD! HARD!  YEP!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I feel like I've tried most things that I've been interested in trying.  That said, Bert-o had a good idea - curling looks like it could be amusing.  I'll be the person who stands at the back and yells YEP! YEP!  HARD! HARD!  YEP!

... Insert Joke Here ...

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

... Insert Joke Here ...

I’m slipping again    good catch

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

... Insert Joke Here ...

I was waiting for someone to go there!  But I watched curling during the Olympics.  It's what they actually yell!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Hey, hey, my Lyme Ab titer dropped a good bit. Gonna stay on meds for 30 more days, but got the clear to run as much as I want / can. The fatigue should continue to improve, and I'm adding some extra vitamins and supplements in (edit - B12 and Omega 3) to hopefully help boost my energy.

... Insert Dancing Bananas...

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hey, hey, my Lyme Ab titer dropped a good bit. Gonna stay on meds for 30 more days, but got the clear to run as much as I want / can. The fatigue should continue to improve, and I'm adding some vitamins and supplements in to hopefully help boost my energy.

That's great news!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

looks like several folks are bowing out of the Bob Open, some of them would be first timers- probably wise, always challenging conditions in the back country in May- these I would categorize as extraordinary

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hey, hey, my Lyme Ab titer dropped a good bit. Gonna stay on meds for 30 more days, but got the clear to run as much as I want / can. The fatigue should continue to improve, and I'm adding some extra vitamins and supplements in (edit - B12 and Omega 3) to hopefully help boost my energy.

... Insert Dancing Bananas...

YAY!  Fingers crossed you've really on the mend now!

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

AT- great news!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √