Trailer Trash

Easter Sundaily (Read 33 times)

moonlightrunner

Good Morning! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! My family and I will celebrate spring with dinner this afternoon. The Pointer and I will celebrate later with a ten miler. There is a chance the weather will actually BE spring-like.

AT: Are you traveling today? Wishing you safe travels and a great adventure.

Congrats: to all you Badger fans.

Happy Trails.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Heading for a run in a bit with running partner 13 to 18....guessing she'll want to do 13 as she has to make the feast for her family today.

QOTD:  since it will probably be a light crowd today due to Easter i'll keep it light.  Favorite easter candy.  The malt eggs, especially the blue ones that you rub on your lips to look like blue lipstick.    Enjoy your day with your families...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Going to perhaps ski a bit and then be there to support my youngest at his slopestyle comp -- I have a meeting tomorrow so I will miss his rail jam comp, which is in the evening, since I need to fly back to CA tonight.

Here are some of my adventures from the weekend with my eldest -- the one with him in the photo does no justice to this run -- the name of the run, Devil's Crotch, does. He might be trying to kill me ....

Vertical Runner

Breckenridge

Devil's Crotch

moonlightrunner

Watoni: I am so jealous! I am not a skier but many years ago I worked for the Forest Service marking beetle kill in the Breckenridge area. Good luck to your little competitor!

Qotd: jelly beans..with a bag of all black mixed with the regular bag. Brach's and I also love Jelly Bellies. They taste sooooo good...but they make me so sick later.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Gorgeous day here.  Heading out for 10 or 11 miles shortly-- in a park by one of DH's kitesurfing spots.  It's a win-win.

Watoni-- thanks for sharing the pics and good luck to DS!  I'm guessing DW has upped your life insurance and older DS is in cahoots.

qotd:  Oh, I'd forgotten about those malt eggs, so I'm going with that and any good, dark chocolate shaped easter treat.   And though we really don't celebrate Easter, I do have a dinner set up as my mom is coming into town later this afternoon.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Easter Trailers!

going to get out for a short recovery run (maybe hike?); wee bit sore from yesterday's run- I did remember to put on my compression " calve socks" on last night and that seemed to help; DW wife suggested a cold bath which would have helped, but was chilled from the run so I wimped out    I need a cold bath deal that I can stand up in

devil's crotch- I vaguely remember a 70's film by that name    that does look like a rough run!

qotd: no candy for me, deviled eggs- well that's a different matter

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Easter, trailers.  Going for a long walk today.

moon - I leave on 4/11.  Long range forecast is snow and ice on both rims on 4/12 and for our run on 4/13.  Hope weather dude is wrong or I'll be wearing screws for several miles near the rims.

NH and Mandy - see all the violence in Kentucky after the loss?  Great win and a great game.

warden - good one!

QOTD:  Cadbury eggs.  Or a chocolate bunny and I'll bite the ears off.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

We had early sunrise services at church today and I could barely get out of bed in time to go. Came home and took a nap. Legs are feeling all beat up from the past two days.  Getting ready to head out the door on a 6+ mile road loop. Since it's windy, my legs are shot, and I'd like to do 13-15 tomorrow on the mountain I'm giving myself permission to take it really easy and probably will do a good bit of walking.

Watoni - That's a nice area. We spent a week in Silverthorne once when I was trying to acclimate to altitude for the bike race up Mt Evans. We were up on some of those slopes hiking around. Nice and steep.  Somehow I find it quite appropriate that the worlds highest running store is in Colorado .

QOTD:  Chocolate peanut-butter eggs.  DW got me two solid chocolate Easter bunnies. They won't last long.

some call me Tim

Happy Easter, everybody :-) Just got back from an 8 mile tempo.. it's a winter wonderland out there(!)

qotd: Any candy that belongs to my children... I am a master candy thief.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10.4 miles around campus before heading off to work this afternoon.

QOTD: Creme-filled chocolate eggs, especially buttercreme. Cadbury are fine but I won't be choosy.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ended up with 13 miles and the first snow of our season...seriously

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203751392577406&set=pcb.10203751395017467&type=1

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

just got back from my run, snowing here as well- not our first snow though 

ham is in the oven, deviled eggs are made, potatoes on the stove stove top waiting to get mashed...... life is good!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Ended up with 13 miles and the first snow of our season...seriously

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203751392577406&set=pcb.10203751395017467&type=1

Running in that much snow looks brutal . Hope you recover quickly.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It was....

Running in that much snow looks brutal . Hope you recover quickly.

NorthernHarrier

Enjoy your day with your families...

I knew I forgot something.  The plan all along was a long, hilly run in the Kettle Moraine then DW asked if I wanted to do a brunch with just her folks so I said sure figuring I would do my run afterwards. Well then the brunch became a lunch scheduled for 2:30 with her sister and kids added in. WTF! It went from a simple nice brunch to a big dinner affair. Sorry dear, not happening with me as I have to head to the trails. So a 5 hour run in the Kettle Moraine. I am shot. Beautiful day out in the woods.

Moonlight--picked my first deer tick of the season off me. Look what you started.

Watoni--Little Watoni is an animal.

AT--Kentucky fans are absolute morons and are so over the top. They feel such entitlement. Their players are thugs, and their coach is a slimeball who will be heading to the NBA just ahead of his next investigation.  This also shows that if Ky. played in either the ACC or the BIG they would never go undefeated. Cupcake schedule.  Duke is a bad matchup for Wi.  But on a side note regardless of Monday's game I won the bracket I was in.

Daydreamer--So you bike raced up Evans. Very cool. That is one of the great drives in the country. Awesome!

QOTD-- well I have a sweet tooth but the Easter stuff just doesn't do it for me. You can make the M & M's or Reeses peanut butter cups look Easter like and that will work but the whole Easter thing in general to me just screws up a good weekend. Unless you don't let it.