Trailer Trash

Right on time, Friday (Read 15 times)

LB2

I got up before the alarm this morning and got some work done that I couldn't get to yesterday. I ended up getting 5 in after all was said and done yesterday, so it all worked out. Today is fairly busy also but mostly catch up stuff and prep for next week. I got an easy 5 in this morning and hit the pool for 5 laps. The laps are getting easier. I am calling a lap one length down and one length back. I take a short break and do another one. I don't know if that is the correct way to do it or not, but that is how I am doing it. After that, I hit 3 sets of bicep curls and took a shower.

QOTD: Since everything has shut down, list three to five things that have changed for you for the better.

• Most nights, I get more rest.
    • I am more productive at work.
    • My exercise routine is more consistent.
    • I am closer to my wife and kids.
    • I generally feel less overwhelmed trying to balance work, family, and hobbies.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Wogged the dogs this morning as usual. Cloudy with some rain rolling in but we finished before it started. Plan is to run later. Hope there is some mild rain like we had this morning. That would be refreshing.

Doubled up yesterday. 5 miles on the road at lunch, 4 trail jogging miles at the lake with Baker. Road run went ok. It was mostly cloudy until the end when the sun came out. It was a good sweat in any case. We added on the spin cycle trail to our trail run last night. That trail cracks me up as it's about a mile or more the mountain bikers have packed/twisted into a small cedar forest. We looped it twice. Nearly did not escape! Wild raspberries were out in force. Stopped and had a few.

QOTD: LB2, honestly I cannot name 3 to 5 things. I think you are realizing the benefits of working from home which I have been doing forever. I will say that I make it a point now to call my mom and dad more often, 2 x week. I think they really appreciate it and while we mostly just talk about simple stuff I look forward to those calls.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

8 humid run/walk miles this morning.  Wasn't feeling it.  I would have done my normal 10 but just ran out of time due to much slower pacing.  But all is good.

QOTD: I did not watch much TV before but it's even less now.  That could change once sports comes back.  I know baseball just started but I was done with baseball a few years ago.  It's basketball and football for me.  As a result, I may look to get rid of our normal TV services.  The kids pretty much only watch youtube , netflix, and disneyplus.  Bedtime and wake times are different.  I could also see that change again though so unsure how beneficial it all is.  I want, more than ever, to transition from my current role into a f/t teaching role.  Working f/t from home has greatly aided in that.  I cannot say much else has changed for me.  I have never been a crowd person so not going into public places is not much different.

QOTD2: weekend plans?

None here.  

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Xtreme: I understand. I think you may be correct. I just never thought I would be as productive as I have been. But I am very self directed and enjoy what I do. I can solve problems better without distractions. And if I am getting distracted, I can go for a run... or a swim now.

QOTD 2: I think I have to go to a birthday party tomorrow. Sunday will be a 10 mile run and getting ready for next week.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: I can't name 3 to 5 either but I do feel more productive, I am able to sit an concentrate for periods of time and that helps me write new scripts which is making my job easier.  Next step is to create training docs on those scripts.  My boss has me "mentoring" my coworker which is difficult since we are never in the office at the same time, thus all the "training documents" I've been writing.  We do different things but some overlap and he's just not very self directed.

Oh I thought of one...spending less money and saving more.  I keep my CC paid off now and put money aside in my savings account.  I've also built back up my cash reserve I keep on hand just in case systems go down.

Sandy-2

I slept in this morning and will run after work today.  Once again I'll have to try to dodge the t-storms.

qotd 1: Not sure I could come up with 5......   spending more time with my DW, hardly drive anymore, running my ass off (over the last 12 weeks I've averaged 85 mpw).  Oh yeah, I've lost 4 or 5 pounds.

qotd 2: Nothing. But I may actually run with my DD this weekend, we'll see.

tbd.

Gator eye

Started out with a planned ten with a wrong turn it became  15 then I said heck with it should just make it a even 20. ThenI got home made a sandwich, drank a beer and jumped on the mt. Bike and rode the 27 miles to DW work.  Now I’m sittin in the car waiting for her to get out at 3:30. 

qOtd nothin has really changed for me except gas is cheaper.

Rest day today, short run yesterday, 2 hour run tomorrow.

QOTD: I can think of several things that have changed for the better.

• No commuting
                  • More time with my Dad
                  • More exploring of local trails and neighborhoods
                  • Less driving to places that I really didn't need to go
                  • More efficient shopping trips
                  • Eating better
                  • Spending less
                  • More appreciation for local restaurants and breweries, and keeping them afloat
                  • Haven't turned the TV on for months (like Dr. J, I tend to watch sports)
                  • Zoom calls with friends
                  • Cheaper gas, at least for a little while

In some ways I feel less overwhelmed and anxious, but in other ways, I feel more, due to the constant stream of doom and gloom in the news and social media.  Need to work on reducing the doomscrolling...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Surprised myself and actually ran my scheduled interval workout.  The heat has been sapping my energy, so I had my doubts about it.  And with Garmin down I had to figure out how to get the splits directly of the FR245 instead of Garmin Connect.  It;s a little more convoluted than getting them off the 910XT.

QOTD: Can't really think of 3 things that have changed for the better. Not a whole lot has changed and what has changed has not been better, e.g. race cancellations, travel plans scrapped.  The positive out of those is less money spent on travel and race registrations.  Perhaps one positive note is I'm paying more attention to the news.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.