Trailer Trash

May the Fourth be with you Fridailies (Read 17 times)

GC100k

Awesome weather continues.

I'm booked all day today well into the evening, but I plan to be outside doing something all day tomorrow. Still sore from Sunday's race, but I should be able to jog a bit in the next few days.

QOTD: pass

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today. Should walk since back is sore from struggling with pool motor yesterday before getting it running. I was bent over for 90 minutes, but running smooth now.

Yes, I'm a nerd, so do enjoy Star Wars and anything Sci-Fi.  Thanks to George, I just reread the Foundation series from Isaac Asimov.

GC100K - skirt in another country is call a custom. skirt in this country is time to call Jamie. 

Speaking of Jamie, he's finishing his last re-write and then has to defend his dissertation later this month. He says he can't wait to get running again. Otherwise, he is well.

QOTD: Weekend plans?  Playing golf tomorrow very early with DS and 2 friends whoa re coming up from Baltimore. The yard work unless the rain comes and keeps us out of the yard. Sunday run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Nothing wrong with nerds. 

5+ on trails in Algonkian Park this morning.  Didn't find the Potomac Heritage Trail and didn't have time to go search for it, but the small trail network in the park next to the Potomac River was nice.  Lots of birds, squirrels, and spotted 5 deer.  It was 70 this morning, so I was able to beat the heat.

QOTD:  Driving back home today.  No plans for the weekend other than rest and stress about next weekend's race.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Sandy-2

Got up and did 3 soggy miles this morning, 76 deg and very humid.  Hip is in the same crappy condition, not good, but also not terrible. Aggravating.

Today's my DD's birthday, good thing she's a syfy nerd like her dad.

qotd: Dinner with the kids tonight, then a run and hang around the house on Saturday. But speaking of syfy, I'll be in a time machine from 6am Sunday untill 7pm Monday, so the rest of my weekend will simply vanish, but I will resurface in Busan, Korea.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got in a good 4 miles with Tiny E yesterday- to the top of Mt Helena ~ 1200’ gain in under a mile, STEEP!  Tiny Elvis also found some chipmunks to pick on on the way down

planning 3-4 miles this evening

qotd: oldest DD and DGKs are coming for a visit. Probably a group hike Saturday, BBQ in the afternoon . Sunday a few of us that are doing the Bob Marshall Open are heading out snowshoeing, going to be a ton of time on shoes this year

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Yesterday I ran 4.5 miles on the local trail rather early for me (6:30am). A get up and go sort of run. I am notably slower when I run before letting the body wake up. Mostly went out early as the Lady is not doing well with warm weather this year so took her out when it was cooler. Busy after that with work, yard stuff, and golfing. I has the afternoon off. Cloudy and warm here still today. Maybe some storms later or rain? I have the afternoon off again today, plan on some yard work and an evening run or golf.

QOTD: I have a big pile of mulch calling my name so will work on weeding and mulching some of the beds, maybe start planting the canna bulbs (no Queenie, not cannabis!), a few short runs, lounging on the back deck with a cold one or two of three.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sick day, and I’m totally depressed about it. Had to leave early from work, that has never happened before. Dang. The Fourth hit me right head on.

And on top of it all, my A/C is broken, too. Called the repairmen, and they told me it was working fine. I don’t agree, 85 degrees in the house when it’s set to 72 seems a bit high to me, especially when it is 64 outside?

Sandy: Happy birthday to your daughter! And good luck on the time travel!

GC: sounds like you gave it all at the race.

AT: hope your back recovers quickly! And thanks for the update on Jamie. I was thinking about him recently.

Berto: sounds like a very pleasant run.

QOTD: recovering in bed, I guess, hopefully not at 85 degrees.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

AT: hope your back recovers quickly! And thanks for the update on Jamie. I was thinking about him recently.

We text from time to time. He said he'll be back once he starts running. Then he'll be DrJamie.

LB2

I ran an easy, but muggy, 2 miles this morning and did a little weight session after that. I had to be at a high school not too far from the house for 9, so I got to stay up late and watch an old movie "The Omen". It was still creepy, but it wasn't as terrifying as I remembered it.

QOTD: Last chance to kill another turkey, so I'll take a friend of mine who has been gracious enough to let me hunt on their property for many years. He is going through a tough time, so maybe this will help. But then again, we went last weekend, and it didn't seem to help much. Another friend sent me a video from their hunt this morning. They saw a hen turkey with 7 or 8 little ones that couldn't have been more than about 3 inches tall. I am afraid it might be over and never really got started.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

7.2 this morning with friends..3 had a 6 miles discussion about another women that holds runs and doesn't appreciate that others also plan to run together on the days she already made a plan. 

QOTD:  I may not be retired yet but...We are going to the coast Sunday and returning Weds, one day of work and than Friday I am going to Bend OR, return Monday one day of work and than Weds heading to Michigan until 05/26 and than Monday is a holiday.   I miss the dancing banana.

Side note Michael Crowe....cannot remember his RW name ...needs a kidney and yesterday found a perfect match.  (insert jumping banana here)

Bert:  You got this run!!!

XT:  That surprises me about you. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Side note Michael Crowe....cannot remember his RW name ...needs a kidney and yesterday found a perfect match.  (insert jumping banana here)

mecrowe - That's awesome news. Saw he was on list and having issues.

NorthernHarrier

Ran 7 on the roads this morning in a light rain. Basically had rained for parts of 3 days but once it cleared up late morning it is hot..at least for me. Knocked out some yard stuff, loaded the buggy and am about to go pick up DW from work on the way northward. I know I'll have a little open water in my bay so I'll bump my boat up against the ice and fish this rock bar. You do what ya gotta do I guess.

Queen --I remember Michael. Great guy so indeed that is awesome news. If I'm thinking of the right guy he went by mmichael with some cows in the avatar. "Slowdown" aka Sandy also had a steer I believe.  EDIT--Just saw AT's post so I probably  am wrong again 

Warden-- I'll forgot to tell you I ordered way back when a couple bumper stickers from your buddy--When in doubt head north.

AT-I'm with you on this cross dressing thing.

Bert--How close is your cabin to the Devils Path trail? Have you ever run it?

runtrail--I see some open water on a lake of the Woods webcam 

QOTD--Up at the shack. I think most of the snow will be gone, the lake is still froze but the forecast looks good so good times.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

mmicheal did have a cow in his avatar...he was from Northern CA over in the bay area.  There was also Mike Smith but I can't remember what his sign on was but he was an accountant from MI.

Queen --I remember Michael. Great guy so indeed that is awesome news. If I'm thinking of the right guy he went by mmichael with some cows in the avatar. "Slowdown" aka Sandy also had a steer I believe.  EDIT--Just saw AT's post so I probably  am wrong again 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Queen --I remember Michael. Great guy so indeed that is awesome news. If I'm thinking of the right guy he went by mmichael with some cows in the avatar. "Slowdown" aka Sandy also had a steer I believe.  EDIT--Just saw AT's post so I probably  am wrong again .

You're thinking of a different dude.  Mmichael (or whatever is was), is in Michigan.  Mecrowe (or whatever it was) was in PA, I think?  Both are a blast from the past!

Anyway, not sure if I'll run or not today.  Depends on how lazy I feel.

QOTD: We need to pack for our move and I'd like to get in a fairly long bike ride tomorrow.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

mmicheal did have a cow in his avatar...he was from Northern CA over in the bay area.  There was also Mike Smith but I can't remember what his sign on was but he was an accountant from MI.

Oh crap, now I'M confused.  I have no idea who anyone is anymore!  LOL.

Running is dumb.