Trailer Trash

Too wet Tuesdaily (Read 45 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Wet and snowy here in Mass., I'll get a few trail miles in this afternoon.

Wonder why we haven't heard from lace_up since last week? Maybe they

decided to stay in Jamaica and go off the grid.

QOTD: I don't use the reward method. Once in a great while, after a LR, I'll stop

at the dreaded McD's and have a filet-o-fish and fries. Disgusting, I know.

AT-runner

Tim

I ran my 10k road loop.  Either the loop got longer or I was slower.  Probably the loop, right?

We had a nice blanket of white stuff dumped on us yesterday.  I can't wait to head to Hilton Head Island, on Saturday, for some warm weather.  Looking forward to seeing DW's parents and getting in some beach miles and some much needed golf.  It's usually a partial working vacation for me as DW's 80 year old father always has a son-in-law-do-list prepared.

QOTD:  I don't usually do a post run reward.  I have used travel to races as a goal reward.  "Hey honey, lets go to Colorado, and while we're there we might as well run up and down this little mountain that they have."

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

I don't give myself rewards for running because I try not to look at running as something I must do. Turning some activity into a duty or chore has always led to burnout for me.

Yes, running in and of itself is it's own reward.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Irish Luck

I would like to send out an APB for Spring.  Some daffodils are sprouting, my lettuce sprouts (indoors) are coming up, and we had SNOW last night.  Not sure what's on the docket for tonight.

QOTD: Only after races do I indulge/reward--beer, tacos, pizza, etc (not all at once). Otherwise, I'm grateful that my almost daily run knocks me out to sleep through the night.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Runinaround

I will probably run 8 miles today at lunch and will take a walk later when I get home, the weather is perfect outside.

QOTD: Its rewarding everytime I get out on the trail and breath in the fresh air, but sometimes I will enjoy a cold IPA afterwards.

runtraildc

I ran my 10k road loop.  Either the loop got longer or I was slower.  Probably the loop, right?

That's exactly what happened to me last night.   It definitely was the loop.

USMCtq

I have let this change in weather discourage me and did not run Sunday or yesterday Undecided

Today is supposed to be 4, potentially 6, with 2-3 being with the wife. It will probably just be road, since everything is soaked right now.

SRD for the pooch and me.

QOTD: No need for rewards here.  Time on the trail with the pooch is all the reward I need.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Ultra Cowboy

Like AT runner I did a 10k -ish out and back on the road last night.  It ended up being closer to 6.5 miles.  My legs during mile 3 and 4 decided they were unhappy with me and I was kinda reduced to a shuffle. But with 2 miles left to go I managed to get out of my funk and get back in my groove.  Funny how that distance just seems to really test me sometimes...

QOTD:

My long weekend runs are with friends and training partners and that interaction tends to be the reward.  We hit the Bagel shop for a late breakfast and chat.

When I am on the trail, the downhill is my reward.  Nothing like having a little acceleration just before cresting the top and bombing down the other side with reckless abandon!

As things heat up having a cold beer just tastes better after the run.

WYBMADIITY

Save

USMCtq

Forgot the QOTD: I don't know if it is really treating myself, or more, allowing myself beer after a run. I don't drink too much if I'm not running or if it's an easy run. I do align some bigger running purchases with milestone races or distances for myself.

Ultra Cowboy

QOTD-PS...

Knowing that I can get "up there" after 6 months of dedication to training for the events is the over riding goal....

WYBMADIITY

Save

Snowdenrun

Can't the snow stop falling and the sun come out so I can run on dry ground? I guess that's what a treadmill is for. ....haha just kidding. I am being a baby and complaining today though because spring is TOMORROW and it just snowed a lot last night.

QOTD: I don't generally give myself rewards. We'll Well... I'll splurge and buy a really fattening, over priced but freaking yummy coffee on my long run days. But I pretty much take a long time to buy running gear because I have to buy it online. Or when I go to Colorado every year I spend way to much money and get a bunch of stuff at once. I must get excited at how much there is to choose from and sticker shock at how cheap everything is.

Daydreamer1

Last night was my first class since spring break. It was snowing quite hard when it was time to leave. DW suggested that I take her vehicle since it is heavier and all-wheel drive. The snow was very heavy and wet, people were sliding all over the place. When I got to a short downgrade where the road sloped a little to the right I started sliding and ended up hitting a guardrail. Fortunately there was no damage. Good thing I was creeping along. Turned around to go home and nearly got hit head on at the same spot by another car. He too was going very slow. There must have been glare ice under the snow because there was just no traction at all.

Today I was going to go up on the mountain for a long run but I'm sure it's a sloppy wet mess so I guess I'll head out for a run on the roads. Gonna try for something over 8 miles, maybe as much as 13, just have to see how I feel.

QOTD: Occasionally but not regularly.  I'll most often reward myself if I drop a few unwanted pounds and then it will be along the lines of ordering a higher calorie entree when eating out.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy: Happy Belated Birthday!!

Rocky: That thought of "getting up there" is my motivation, too. From my kitchen window, I have a view of the mountain and the radio towers on top (which my running buddy and I always jokingly call the "flagpoles" - there's not a single flag up there; officially it's called the Fire Tower, oh well, whatever it is), and every time I look out the window, I feel this temptation to throw on the running shoes and just run up there. Too good of a feeling!

Snowden: It is really spring tomorrow, already? Shocked No sign here, too, except for the sun feeling much warmer than just a few weeks ago!

ATR: Oh, now I know what's happening here, too, sometimes. Yes, it's the loop, proof is that it's happening everywhere, not just in your location! Wink

DD1: Glad your fender bender did not even bend the fender. Big grin  That sloppy, icy, slippery snow is just bad.

Paperwork and job applications took up most of my available time, so it's going to be a night run again tonight. Looking forward to it, though!

Run for fun.

DigDug2

Snowblowing instead of running before work; 6 on the TM at lunch time.

QOTD:  I don't reward myself for specific runs, although more generally I give my self permission to indulge with desserts because I'm running.