Trailer Trash

Sandy's Happy Birthday Saturday and Sundaily (Read 16 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Happy Birthday Sandy....I am chilling today.  Will walk Jack later.  

qotd:  How many siblings do you have and where are you in the pecking order. Me 4 ...I have 2 older brothers and sister...and then a baby brother.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

I'm certainly chillin' here--12F with a brutal north wind with lake efect crap coming in off Superior. I hear it will be spring soon....

Going to try to hit the roads later if things improve a little. Did weights and core this morning.

Happy birthday old guy.

QOTD--4 kids, I have 2 older sisters and 1 younger. We're all orphans at this point. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- Happy Birthday; BTW what's your real first name and how did you get the handle Sandy?

Got a nice 7 miles (1100') in yesterday with Tiny Elvis and squeezed in my strength training as well.

This morning we got 5 miles (900') in- our glorious weather (mid 30's, sunny and little to no wind) continues for yet another day 

qotd: oldest of three, brother in the middle and sister the youngest (and easily the most spoiled! )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

HBD Sandy!

Did a trail HM this morning, and oof, it did not feel good.  I've got some sort of bug, HR was high and I couldn't catch my breath.  And I tripped and landed on my hand, likely breaking my left middle finger.  But at least it was nice out.  And it was a benefit for the Audubon Society, so a good cause.  A few trees were down from the storms but nothing you couldn't climb through, over, or around.  Not too much mud.

QOTD: I'm the 3rd of 4 kids in my family.  Older bro and sis, and a younger sis.  We'll always be kids, to my dad.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Happy Birthday Sandy! I ran/slogged 4 miles this morning with the visiting dog (dogsitting a small hound mix). She was tired, even though she's a runner. However, she and Chowder had been playing nonstop since yesterday afternoon. Finally caught up with them. Then we got in another 3 miles walking along the creek this afternoon. Beautiful day here.

Gatsby-- yikes! I hope it is not your dominant hand.

qotd> Used to be 3 siblings (2 older brothers, younger sister). Now it's just one brother, one sister.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Happy Birthday, Sandy!

Gatsby - Ouch! Hope you're not left-handed.

Only up for a walk today after a very hard second day of my B2B runs.

QOTD: 2nd of 6, older brother and 4 younger sisters.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Wow!!  Shucks, a weekend birthday daily?  Thanks Everyone!!

I had a nice day, got out at 4:45am and did 20 miles. It was 45°, I felt great and did it in fairly good time, then met the gang for coffee. Later I took a nap and then my DW and I went for a great Korean BBQ dinner. She also baked a cake to have when we got home, but we were too full to have any so we get to continue the celebration tomorrow. 

mt: my ‘real’ name is Gary, my grandmother called me ‘Sandy’ when I was 3 years old because of my white-blond hair - everyone I know calls me Sandy and many don’t even know my ‘real’ name, so the nickname stuck I guess.

Ouch Gatsby, hope it heals up quickly.

qotd: 4 kids in my immediate family, all boys, I’m no 3 of 4.

tbd.

Sandy-2

Did 10 mi this morning. 41° and felt good.

Still haven’t had cake yet.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

Happy late birthday Sandy.

It's only me and my brother.