Trailer Trash

What's up Wednesdaily (Read 13 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks. Haven't been out for a run yet today, but will get in a few miles later plus some strength work at the gym. It has been warming up after a nice cool past few weeks. that weather spoiled me.

qotd: Any interesting or engrossing (at least to you) non-running related projects in your life? Well, after breaking off the spout to the bathtub a few days ago, it might be a bathroom remodel. I was hoping to put this off a year, but the 80 year old pipes seem to have other thoughts. It will be a total gut job and it's our primary bathroom.  All new plumbing, new heating and I'm sure, water damage to fix. It will be a PIA. Hoping to get a plumber in that can possibly do some patch work to allow us to hold off for a bit.

LB2

Five miles this morning. They were fast but easy. The dew point dropped a little bit. I feel really, really good right now. I wish Pinhoti was in 2 weeks. But I'll keep pushing at the same rate to try to build some more fitness. However, I won't let this great fitness derail my race plan by going out too fast. I think we have 44 days left, which means I have another month to and then a two week taper. I'll try to stay healthy. Only two more runs that I consider long, a 40 miler and a 50 miler. I'm not really counting 20 milers as long runs... Well, I count them as long runs, but I can do them without getting up too early or disrupting family things.

QOTD: Not much in the non-running arena going on right now with me. I did just finish up my annual fall dual enrollment for school. We have record enrollment. In most things in life, I sort of go with the flow. But when it comes to this annual event, I am borderline psychotic in my meticulous attention to detail. I keep a spreadsheet that has every minute tidbit of information that may be needed for each student. I spent years creating this process through trial and error, mostly error. Now, we have a new system that allows for this huge data upload into our enrollment system. The guy who does this is awesome. I really enjoy working with him. However, the way things go in theory are not always the way things go in practice. So, I have kept putting all this additional information into my spreadsheet. I was instrumental in helping develop the data upload. They did not take all of my suggestions, so I have been overjoyed by the emails and phone calls asking me questions about data that was either lost in the transfer or just never in the upload information they asked for. I have it all in my spreadsheet. Once in awhile, I'll remind him that I mentioned this or that when we were developing this process. To those reminders, he will either say we will change it or for some reason there is not place for that in our system. Nevertheless, he has made my life much less stressful, and I am sure that the process will develop more as we move forward.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice long run yesterday with Tim and Jess; don't you just love to get a long run in early in the week!

will get Tiny Elvis out for 3-4 miles unless it's pouring rain, then off to the gym for some strength training

qotd: we're still moving ahead with a possible purchase of a lot on the other side of town (closer to the trails); we meet with the builder this week to get a quote on the house we would have built (had to pay an architect to draw detailed enough plans to get this quote)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet after a 3 mile run late last night.  I am just taking it easy this week.  Legs are a little shaky.  Also going camping this weekend so no LRs.

DC: That sounds like it could turn into a huge project.  Here's to hoping you find a plumber that can work magic.

QOTD: So I have two things going.  The main this is my dissertation...still.  This thing is dragging on way too long.  I was hoping to be done by summer, then fall, then by the end of this year.  As it looks now, early in 2018.  I am so ready to be done.  I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.  It's not even the actual time it takes me, it's more the stress of it being over my head.  But I press on...

The other project is I need to truly finish my basement.  It is mostly done - just need to put in closet doors, trim work and baseboard.  Then just patching up holes the kids have already made in the walls and ceiling .  It should take too much time but then again I am learning on the fly. All this and I am helping to coach DD's soccer team now, and will be coaching 2 basketball teams starting November. 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Woke up and went for nice 3-4 mile walk around Lake at Coeur d'Alene. Knee was stiff last night but felt better the longer we walked.

Now heading to Portland for our last leg. We have until Sunday to visit with DD#1, then flight home.

We really do have a beautiful country, it's always great to get out and about to enjoy it. Being a trail runner helps to get off the beaten path.

Jamie or Sue. Can you please post my FB pictures of Warden and I enjoying our IPA's? I can't seem to do it from my phone.

QOTD: just the renovations to move DD#2 and her boyfriend into an apartment at our property . Will be nice to get them out of the main house and onto their own ( not our) space.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I ended up not running yesterday (URD) because some work stuff got in the way.  I'll just shift the other plans around.  Did 5 mi this morning, it was warm and tropical again. Uuuugh.

qotd: Now that we're empty-nesters we've been doing a lot of stuff inside the house (paint, carpet, tile, faucets, etc.), next up is for me to tackle the garage.  We have no problem parking our two cars in it, but it's still a total mess around the edges. Pretty exciting, right?

tbd.

LB2

I ended up not running yesterday (URD) because some work stuff got in the way.  I'll just shift the other plans around.  Did 5 mi this morning, it was warm and tropical again. Uuuugh.

What kind of taper are you doing?

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Per Tim's request...

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Can't figure out why Warden is carrying a log on his back.

Image may contain: one or more people, snow, tree, outdoor and nature

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got up at 4 am to leave the beach and get to work by 10 am...no run planned or gym.

QOTD:   No but I want to sew something...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

two comments on the photos

1- I'm holding one of Tim's beers; evidently he orders two at time- I don't drink beer

2- the log on my back is part of a training regimen for a secret mission- I can only hope that the picture of the  map I made in the snow doesn't fall into the wrong hands

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Can't figure out why Warden is carrying a log on his back.

I found out he's a "Closet Crossfitter". 

And yes, I've been known to drink 2 beers at a time, but that's a Harp and Guinness pored into a beautiful Half and Half ( real Irish don't say black and tan, it's a bad term).

Daydreamer1

No running/hiking/biking today.  Reason? See Pics below.

QOTD: New brakes and rotors on BMW. Rust and suspension repair on Saturn Ion. Santa-Fe will need some TLC after this trip maybe including some suspension work.  Try to figure out how to dispose of several large logs that no one seems to want for firewood.  Then there are all the branches that will need to be chipped.  I'll rent a 9" chipper and chip almost all the branches unless someone does step up and take it for firewood.  Clean up woods where trees came out so I can replant next year.

Last week this time I did 62 miles in really beautiful Michigan weather. Since then it's been downhill .

Sunday actually wasn't too bad in the morning. Nice long, steep hike back into this meadow.  DW was played out so I didn't go further.

Pile of clothes along the trail. Apparently the bears in Banff only eat meat and fat .

Line of vehicles heading to Jasper, all following a slowpoke.  Took a "glacier tour" just before this, what a crock of crap.  Also it was blowing snow sideways. Didn't have camera with me and DW didn't download any where I can put them on here.

Start of a trail that went for about 49 km.

Went Hiking in Te Valley of the Five Lakes. This is the First lake. Took the wrong trail to get there. One of the most gnarly trails I've been on in a long time.  Glad I had the bear spray along.

Second Lake, I think. Or maybe it was Third Lake.

On the floating dock at Fifth Lake. At least I can smile because it's not too cold. About 42-45 with no rain.

Those rocks are under about 4 feet of water. Nice and clear, perfect for a swim!!!!

Had a tour of Malinge Lake planned for 11:30. It was pouring rain in Jasper then turned to this. The tracks on the road are from people in cars turning around.  But what's a little snow when you're from Pennslytucky and have AWD with all wheel lock .

Tour boats shuttered under a blanket of wet snow. Tour cancelled.  Visibility about 200 yards.

Boat house shuttered as well.

Things got fun on the way out. I wasn't impressed with Parks Canada.  There was a mixture of cars trying to get back down, RV's still trying to come up the road and even a tour bus stuck along the road on the edge of a cliff.  Since it is still tourist/touron season I would have thought that they would have either shut the road to prevent people getting in over their heads and causing a catastrophe or at least started to plow it.  There was probably 4 inches when we arrived and after walking around and starting down we were seeing about 8-12 inches.  Not a problem for the locals and experienced people but........for those other people.  Was actually too busy to take pictures of the drive out and DW is hiding hers from me on whattsapp .

Now it's been raining and heavy snow in Jasper with more of the same tomorrow .

AT-runner

Tim

Dd, nice pictures. Looks like an adventurous trip.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

But it was in the 80s just last week according to friends in Calgary.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DD- some nice country!  sucks on the snow, but at least it's putting an end to a long fire season

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √