Trailer Trash

Baching it Mondaily (Read 26 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DW and Tiny E are on spring break and visiting relatives, which leaves me baching it- my favorite thing 

great pics yesterday!

good long run yesterday, 5-ish this evening is the plan

qotd: movie you never get sick of watching?  Anything with Steve McQueen, but picking just one- the Big Labowski

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Walk and then long bike ride this morning on the windy beach.  Supposed to clear up later and be warm and sunny the rest of the week.

Seafood tonight. Yum.

QOTD:  Can't go wrong with any Wes Anderson or Coen Brothers movies.  Love Grand Budapest Hotel, Big Lebowski and Burn After Reading.  However, the one movie I never can turn off is The Great Escape.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi Everyone,

Guess who got his skinny ass out for some trail running this past weekend?

Shortish runs on Sat and Sun, but both runs were all snow. I also made sure

both runs had good climbs so I can use the soreness as a motivator.

Enjoy sitting around in your boxers, mt.

QOTD: The Bridge over the River Kwai, Great Escape and Shawshank Redemption.

LB2

Wow. I was busy last week. I didn't even have time to look at this site. I had time to run, though. I ran four days last week. It should have been five. Today was an SRD, but I set my clock to get up and run anyway. I overslept.

Good to see you Jon.

QOTD: The Big Lebowski.

LB2

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hope to get 4 easy tonight.  Looks like spring is coming around for the 5th time now this year.

QOTD:  There's no way in the world I can pick just one.  I'm too much of a mood person when it comes to re watching movies.  I'll find myself watching Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, any of the Jason Bourne movies (although I'm a little miffed about Matt Damon), or any of the Harold and Kumar movies for a good laugh.  The Graduate never gets old, so I'll go with that for just the one.

NH:  Re: the cabin.  Located just northwest outside the Catskill park.  This will be our 4th year there.  Most of my running is along the Catskill Scenic Trail early in the mornings.  We have no TV or internet.  Sometimes we don't get a cell signal, so DW and I have to sit around and , you know, play board games.   It's nice to unplug.  Of course, there's never a chore not waiting to be done either.

This was taken right before we winterized for the season.

In the mornings, there's usually a blanket of fog covering the valley floor.

Can't wait to get back up there, but there's always a bit of anxiety when reopening the first time of the year.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

GC100k

Sunny 1+ hour run at lunch today. Quite nice.

QOTD: I've never intentionally seen a movie more than once and don't get the point. You've already seen it, right? My girls watch the Home Alone movies and Elf every christmas season and I've sat with them for those and those are good, although any movie I sit and watch in the evening looks exactly the same: like the back of my eyelids. Someone is assigned to poke dad if I snore too loud.

NorthernHarrier

Calf is slowly starting to heal up but I'm still going slow with a shorter stride being careful not to apply to much stress to it. I did 16.5 trail miles this morning and I don't think I caused any more issue with it.  Think I'll just road bike some the next couple days and give it a little rest.

NH:  Re: the cabin.  Located just northwest outside the Catskill park.  This will be our 4th year there.  Most of my running is along the Catskill Scenic Trail early in the mornings.  We have no TV or internet.  Sometimes we don't get a cell signal, so DW and I have to sit around and , you know, play board games.   It's nice to unplug.  Of course, there's never a chore not waiting to be done either.

Bert--looks awesome!  Chores at the cabin are really not chores at all. Just good activities, makes you feel alive and prideful in what you have. Good stuff!

XtremeTaper

Five or six this evening, probably on the local trail. Not sure if I am in the mood to run on a combination of slush, mud, and partially frozen rutted snow/ice. We need a good warm rain to clean up the snow for good out in the woods.

qotd: stormy daniels films. Staying on topic today.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

QOTD: I've never intentionally seen a movie more than once and don't get the point. You've already seen it, right? My girls watch the Home Alone movies and Elf every christmas season and I've sat with them for those and those are good, although any movie I sit and watch in the evening looks exactly the same: like the back of my eyelids. Someone is assigned to poke dad if I snore too loud.

I understand that. For me, I get some additional nuance of the humor each time I watch it.

LB2

runtraildc

Hi all, I was going to say it was a rest day, but I've been busy doing everything BUT running. First day of spring break chores-- immunization shots, drug test for the lifeguarding kiddo, PT and riding the rollercoaster of college acceptances/rejections and surely you can/want to pay 60k a year for college, right?

Jon, good to 'see' you.

qotd: I'm right there with GC-- it's very rare that I watch a movie a second time, but I guess if someone started 'Fargo'  I wouldn't leave. And come to think of it, DH's family always watches Elf at christmas, and I laugh every time (though don't watch the entire movie).

Sandy-2

SRD today.

Bert-o, nice cabin.  Gotta love upstate NY.

qotd: I guess Shawshank Redemption.  But I'd also confess to watching Bladerunner a bunch of times.

tbd.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I ran Buffalo Run 50m over the weekend in Salt Lake . I'm taking a couple days off , the drive did me in more than the race .

At the race briefing the RD told us the new " Kelly Agnew rule " the race has an out and back and a loop . A couple young women next to me said " cheater " " dirty cheater " ruined it for everyone " . I don't think folks in that area are forgiving or forgetting .

QOTD : Jaws

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

valerie- congrats on the finish!  if we ever do a Trailer Trash book- I nominate you for photographer 

Sandy- did you see the new Blade Runner?  thoughts?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Sandy- did you see the new Blade Runner?  thoughts?

mt, I haven’t.  But I want to, just haven’t found the time. Id like to see them back to back.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

mt, I haven’t.  But I want to, just haven’t found the time. Id like to see them back to back.

let me know your thoughts after you've seen it- it was on our pay per view

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √