Trailer Trash

Soggy Thursdailies (Read 27 times)

Marley and I had nice pre-dawn start for our 3 mile trail run.  It was 50F and raining which is actually nice running weather.  For the first 1/2 mile Marley didn't share that opinion and hung back looking like she wanted to go back to the car, but then decided to enjoy the run.  We saw dozens of deer and ran up pretty close on a number of them.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Got in a hilly and tempo-like 6 miles last night.  Left at sunset so ran most of it in the dark on  a road route that is usually pretty quiet traffic-wise.  I'll be running this route more than I usually do this winter since I just learned the park I often run thru during swim practices will be closed January and February for a deer cull.  Much needed, so I'm not complaining.

qotd:  Lots of dog people here- so do you have a favorite breed?  I do-- grew up with britany and springer spaniels, and I have a great love for English Springer Spaniels.  We've talked about getting a dog and have looked at many breeds, but I keep coming back to the springer.   They make good runners, too.

LB2

Nothing today. I was told to finish my antibiotics and let all redness and swelling dissipate before resuming running. I don't think that is a bad idea, but I feel like running.

QOTD: Probably labs.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

The original plan was to get up at 5 to do a pace workout. Well, I got up but the wind was howling, temp was in the mid thirties, and it was drizzling. Back to sleep for an hour then a simple run around the hood for an hour. Still pretty blustery but a good run anyhow. I'll try for the pace run tomorrow.

QOTD--Timely I think. DW asked me the other day if I would be open to adopting another dog. I just asked what breed and she said a Springer. I didn't hesitate and said "sounds good". The way I understand it is an older couple have a 3yr old and the woman just recently passed from cancer. The man is on the road a lot and just can't be there for the pup. If it happens  and I hope it does we will then have 3 running around. Our vet will love us.  So favorite breed?  IDK 

Occasional Runner

Stayed in Provo last night, so I wasn't able to get on the trails. I ended up running around the college campus and around the city for a bit. It's nice to get on pavement on occasion.

QOTD: I absolutely love everything about my English Pointer. Super smart and a great running partner.

XtremeTaper

Looks like I will be able to squeeze in an hour at lunchtime on the Green Lane trails so the Lady and I plan on heading over there in a bit. It's sort of grey and rainy today so it should be a bit sloppy.

QOTD: I've had 4 springer spaniels. Still have one, the old guy SirB. Great dogs, love the outdoors, the trails, the water. Also have the german short haired pointer LadyB. She is fantastic as well. Probably my best trail dog yet. She does demand her runs/workouts though. The springers I could give a day off now and then with no problems. With her, I start getting the "look" and she gets antsy.

Harrier - Hope you adopt that springer!

Of course now I need to post recent photos...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4ce02b3127ccef73b1c9f3aee00000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020141023135636895.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Getting ready to head out into the cold rain. Yum.

QOTD: I like breeds with somewhat longer fur, like Collies, Border Collies, Newfoundland mixes, Australian Shepards, mid- to large size.

Still I think for running, a German Wirehair or Pointer could be better, but they need a lot of attention and training to stay focused.

I grew up with German Wirehairs for hunting in my grandparents' house, and I had a Newfoundland mix and an Australian Shepard myself. I loved my own dogs, just not on wet, muddy days, or during shedding season in the fall.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Rainy and chilly, Yuk. Going to put off the run until this afternoon. Hopefully it'll warm up some until then. Looking at getting in 7-9 miles depending on how I feel. More miles also equals more steep hills.

QOTD:  I prefer Genuine 100% purebred barnyard mutts. The best dogs I've been around have been the mixed breeds. The mother of the last pooch I had    was Golden Retriever and Springer Spaniel. Her owners were fairly sure the dad was German Shepherd and Collie mix.  Friendly, dedicated, loved to run and go for long walks. If I was going to pick one particular breed, it would be the Golden Retrievers.

QOTD: Medium to medium large sized female mutts are my favorites, something in the 45-65 pound range.   Some of the better dogs I have know were mixed but had at least one purebred parent.   When it comes to purebred dogs I like various bird dog breeds.

BTW, Marley is an awesome mutt and is 1/3 German Shepherd, 1/3 Welsh Cardigan Corgi, 1/3 Rottweiller, and 1/3 whatever.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

Heading out soon into the rainy dark. Yippee.

What great pics! Dogs ate wonderful...and make running even better. I only regret I don't have anyplace I can let my dog run with me off leash.

Lace: love that pic of you and your dog!

Qotd: I like the German Shorthaired Pointer the best for running. Durable, and reasonably cold-hardy. Requires training though...I was never good at that. I didn't care...had great runs anyway. My English Pointer is a great running companion..but more cold sensitive.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Took Earl for a nice mellow full moon walk..  I know this is a runner forum but it is also a trail forum snd we were in the woods.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202828219098646&set=a.4680903592673.1073741825.1596304038&type=1&theater

qOTD:  Lab.. But I have only had 2 labs and Earl.  He is a great dog but the hound in him requires a leash at all times; gets old.    I love all dogs  .. Period.

QOTD: Medium to medium large sized female mutts are my favorites, something in the 45-65 pound range.   Some of the better dogs I have know were mixed but had at least one purebred parent.   When it comes to purebred dogs I like various bird dog breeds.

BTW, Marley is an awesome mutt and is 1/3 German Shepherd, 1/3 Welsh Cardigan Corgi, 1/3 Rottweiller, and 1/3 whatever.

What!!!!  I always thought Marley was a yellow lab... I know..i know.. I just always pictured a lab.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Strangely enough, she looks just like a yellow lab other than her ears being a bit smaller and her tail curling more.  So from looking at her folks automatically think she is at least half if not all lab.

What!!!!  I always thought Marley was a yellow lab... I know..i know.. I just always pictured a lab.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida