Trailer Trash

Wandering Weekend (Read 17 times)

LB2

I won't wander too far this weekend. I ran my long run yesterday. I did an easy 4 miles this morning.

QOTD: Weekend Plans?

Just cooking and doing yard work today. I did score some Gnarly Barley Juicifer IPA last night at Albertson's. It is local, and it can be hard to find. It is worth looking for. I think it is the second best beer the State of Louisiana has to offer, second only to Parish Brewing's Ghost in the Machine. Ghost is up there with the best on the planet if you like the New England style of IPA's, which I do.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I ran 2.5 miles today. Whoo Hoo. That gives me 2.5 miles for the month.

No increase in knee pain. I started with a knee compression sleeve and took it off since it was making other parts of my knee feel funny. Plan is to run every other day and avoid downhill running for a few weeks. Might have to do more treadmill than I like, but I'm being cautiously optimistic.

QOTD: More clean up and then watch some golf and then sit and read by the pool. Too hot for yard work.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

5.4 muggy trail miles this morning.

QOTD   Tonight we are going out to a barbecue joint for my Fathers and I Birthday.  Tomorrow is some sort of surprise for  my father'sand my  birthday.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

AT- good deal!  nice and easy, nice and easy 

2.5 miles on the trails with my wife, oldest daughter, two grand kids and Tiny Elvis- a small platoon 

probably will hit the gym a little later and throw some weights around

qotd: headed to the mountains early tomorrow for a 20-ish mile loop w/ my new UD Fastpack 15

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6.3 with the dogs lTe morning..it was kinda hard. Tomorrow is a long run and not to thrilled about.  Need to stop signing up for long races.

Qotd:  start washing windiws, long run tomorrow and finish washing windows.   It sucks!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Met DayDreamer and family at Montour. He was heading out for another lap as I called it a day with 31.5 miles under what was for me difficult conditions: heat again, then rain turning parts of the course into quagmires, very slippery.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good deal, 32 miles isn't too shabby at all!

always fun to meet the folks you "converse" with on a almost daily basis 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Easy 4 mile joggity jog this morning along the coast.  Then I went up to San Francisco to brave the sunny-summer-weekend crowds along the Marina and hit the SF marathon expo at Ft. Mason.  I'm doing the 1st half HM tomorrow.  My DH found a good deal on a new Suunto Ambit3 vertical, so he's getting that for me for a belated bday present.

LB, I'm an IPA fan but don't know much (anything) about the NE style brews that you mentioned.  My current favorite is Deschutes Fresh Squeezed and I always enjoy a Pliny from Russian River Brewing, which we pick up whenever we're in Santa Rosa.

WC, great job at Montour, sounds like fairly miserable conditions.

QOTD: half marathon tomorrow in the city, then yard work.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

LB, I'm an IPA fan but don't know much (anything) about the NE style brews that you mentioned.  My current favorite is Deschutes Fresh Squeezed and I always enjoy a Pliny from Russian River Brewing, which we pick up whenever we're in Santa Rosa.

West coast is more bitter, which I love just as much. East coast is more balanced. I have friends who are beer nuts, and some of them like it more bitter, etc. I cannot follow those conversations very well, but I pick up a few things and read about it a little. But I know what I like.

LB2

LB2

QOTD: More clean up and then watch some golf and then sit and read by the pool. Too hot for yard work.

It was too hot for yard work, but my wife and I got out there anyway to get the grass cut early. She got into a yellow jacket nest, and that pretty much did her in for the day. She had never been stung by yellow jackets; they hurt.

LB2

LB2

WC: Congratulations on the 32 miles. I need one of those pretty soon, a couple actually.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Might have time for a walk today. If so it will probably only be about 4 miles. Weather is really unsettled so we might have some more heavy storms roll thru.

39 miles yesterday.  Should have been more, but when am I ever happy with my running performance.

QOTD: Yesterday was the race.  Had the pleasure of meeting George there.  He was smarter than I and stopped before it got really soupy.  Today I'll dry things out and then grill a few steaks.

muppy

Congratulations George and Daydreamer1,  seems like you put up some great  miles on a miserable day!

West coast is more bitter, which I love just as much. East coast is more balanced. I have friends who are beer nuts, and some of them like it more bitter, etc. I cannot follow those conversations very well, but I pick up a few things and read about it a little. But I know what I like.

My DH is a brewer and he can talk intelligently about beer, while I just drink it and accidentally learn something every once in a while.  I tend to like my IPAs on the bitter side (hopefully that isn't a commentary on me personally) but do enjoy a more balanced one too.  Of course, knowing what you like is the most important thing at the end of the day.

Did the SF half marathon this morning.  I had figured it would take around 2 hours, and finished in 2:03:31.  Without a watch, I was just running by feel and ended up close to what I was expecting.

Need to hit the grocery store, buy some bird supplies, do laundry, and clean up around the yard.  That's the rest of my exciting day.

MTA: nice miles, DD!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Congratulations George and Daydreamer1,  seems like you put up some great  miles on a miserable day!

Here's what happened after we finished.

It's a video on Montour's FB page of the bridge we had to cross taken shortly after the start of the 12-hour night race.

Montour 24 bridge

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.