Trailer Trash

Thurstay (Read 17 times)

LB2

October is one of my favorite months, but this year, the first day is much cooler than it normally is. I ran 5 miles this morning, which is where I like to be for a normal, daily run. Today is the first day of archery season for deer; I stopped hunting with a bow several years back. I am wishing I would have either gotten my old one in working order or bought a new one over the summer. I get to hunt early with my rifle at the end of the month, so I'll just keep scouting until then.

QOTD: What is your favorite month and why?

I guess my favorite month is April, with October a close second. I like April because things are getting green, are have already gotten green, but it is still somewhat comfortable around here. And that is when our spring turkey season starts. Although, I think I will get a Mississippi license next year and start in March.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

A nice 5 miles on the trails with Tiny E yesterday; our weather continues to be unusually nice   lows in the upper 30's/low 40's, highs in the upper 60's/low 70's- looks like another full week of that weather to come!

Going to try and get some miles in and hit the gym- with the day off should be doable

backcountry ski setup arrived yesterday Smile

qotd: going with May AND October; May still nice and cool, greening up, but snow still in the mountains; October fully cooled down and elk/deer season opens

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Short walk this morning with the dogs. Ran 6 last night with Baker at the lake. Lots of deer out as is typical out there this time of year. Baker's instincts kicked in and he stopped to raise his paw to point where one dashed into the woods. Some nice fall colors starting now. I tried to get Baker to pose for a fall foliage shot but he was having none of that.

I will do some weights or stretching later then a run after work with Baker at a TTBD. I would not mind a flat trail run but the dirt rail trails around here get sort of busy and I prefer to run him off leash. So probably a section out at the lake different than the one we ran last night.

QOTD: May. Actually late April into May. Same reason as you chose. I like the green season, the season of new life. Warmer temps, longer days, the woods greening up, things growing.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I meant to get up and run 10 to start off October. But the dog was up several times which meant I was up. Still waiting to hear if I get into a 50k in a month but no word yet. It's filling fast. The reg is the old fashion mail-in so I need to be patient.

QOTD: I like October and November. I love the cooler weather, the changing colors of the leaves and then the leaves falling. I don't like cleaning up the leaves but a crisp day on the trails with the leaves falling is second to none for me.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Ran 6 after work today.  It was in the upper 80s. Should have gotten up early Since it was much cooler but I felt like sleeping in.

qotd: October /November like the cooler temps and the impending winter.  But of course winters down here are pretty wimpy.

tbd.

Smoke and crappy AQ is back.    This time from the Napa area fires. No run today.  Not looking good for the next couple of days but depends on the winds.

QOTD: since fall has become fire season here, I hate it. It didn’t used to be like this.  I’ll take May and June, after rain is done and before summer fog.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR