Trailer Trash

Back to work Tuesdailies (Read 30 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the only bad thing about a three day weekend   will get 6 miles in the hills after work

qotd: where are you at with your training currently- ahead, behind, spot on?  I'm probably a little behind, I've missed a few long runs on the weekend, but I've had fun playing in the mountains so not going to complain

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning.  I will try and get in a run tonight after DS b-ball practice.  It should be at least up to the teens tonight after single digits most of the last 3 days.

Wishing we still had our gym membership these days but we got rid of it due to not using enough.  I think we would be using it recently with the cold and cruddy weather.

QOTD.  I don't know how to answer.  I threw all expectations out the window a while ago.  I am right where I am.  I have at least set my eyes on two races for the year to attempt to get ready for.  If it doesn't happen then so be it. I do have time so there is no need to push things.  Having said that, I do want to keep making progress, hit certain marks, etc.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

40 minute easy run this morning. Coldest I've run in for a while (teen temps) but still not bad considering the east I'm sure!

qotd: missed one "scheduled" run since November for my trail marathon in April, however I still feel slightly behind. I've made a point to run more by time and feel and mimic terrain/elevation of the race, but in doing so I've slowed down a lot and the miles are behind where I was last training cycle. The only run I try to go by "miles" in is my long run, making it a bigger chunk of my week than I would like.

My main focus on running and racing is to get better/ more efficient at mountain climbing, and it definitely has helped with that. So I guess in that way I'm ahead.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Did 3.5 in the cold yesterday,and the cold was not bothersome at all. Itwas around 6 degrees or so, bit without significant wind, it felt nice and cozy. Wanted to run longer, but DH was not feeling well, so I did not want to stay away too long.

Getting ready for some miles now, in fresh snow and sunshine. I might try one of my favorite loops of last winter, which would get me closer to my elevation goals for MMT.

QOTD: Behind. Just not feeling it, not feeling the pressure of the upcoming race, which might have to do with me just being on the wait list, and not in for sure. I might be heading towards learning a lesson the hard way...  

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

Well, not much of a workout but the Lady and I did hit the trails at Green Lane last night. We ran the easier north side (red trail) for a change. Haven't been over there in a few weeks. Normally it's an easier loop but with a mix of ice and snow I kept it at a jog for the most part. There were a few nice sections of runnable powder but also a lot of solid ice. Yay for screw shoes. Saw some lady out there on cross country skis who seemed to be having a horrible time. It wasn't so much skiing as walking she was doing in those things. She looked a bit pissed. Temps were about 15 degrees but no wind so it wasn't too bad. Not sure of today's plans. May hit the trails since there is fresh powder and it's dry snow, which is definitely more fun than the wet variety.

QOTD: I am definitely ahead of last year in terms of miles. About a month ahead. While it's been a cold winter the snow fall here has not been that heavy so the trails have been in good shape. Last year there was a 1-2 foot layer of snow and ice and the trails were barely even walkable until mid March.

Couch - Where are you at one the wait list for MMT? I made it in once from the wait list, and one year I missed out by one spot! Movement doesn't really get going on the list until late March and April. I hope you get in!!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Morning!  It's a SRD for me, so my plan is to get to the gym later today for some cross training.  We got 4" of snow so everything is naturally closed down in the DC region.  It is not back to work for most folks here.  And, the sun is out and it is finally getting out of the single digits and teens, so I'll go out for a walk in this beautiful stuff.

qotd:  right on track, I think.  I've been doing speed work regularly, and I'm seeing improvement but not as much as I would like.   I can't blame my training, but most likely I need to admit it is age and weight doing it's work.  I'm working on the weight thing, too.  Check back with me in April when I have my two spring races...

Have a good day, trailers!  And Mandy, maybe you can post some beautiful AZ photos?

sugnim

Good morning all.  It's already one of those days.  I had a client call me while I was still in my pjs early this morning and then again while I was in the bathroom.  Awkward.  Needless to say, I'll be getting my run in after work today.  Which is maybe a good thing since it will be light out then.  I'm considering using today as a catalyst to switch to evening running until it is light in the mornings.  I'm shooting for 5 miles after work, hoping to take my son along in the stroller.

QOTD:  I'm about 3 miles behind my goal, which is pretty much right on.  I'm not really "training," but I do have a mileage goal.

Daydreamer1

Got a couple inches of light fluffy snow last night, just enough to require some shoveling. Had a few early morning errands to run so now it's out to shovel the snow. Planning on getting in around 5-6 miles later this afternoon.

QOTD: Pretty much where I'm always at, which is way behind where I want to be. Mileage was down in January and now I've been feeling sick for the past week or so. I really need to get in some more hill training.

AT-runner

Tim

Shoveled the 6" of light snow off the driveway for cardio.  Snow was so light that I didn't bother with the snowblower.  Then ran 6 miles on the road. Sun was out and at 11 degrees and no wind, it felt almost warm compared to last several runs.

QOTD:  Ahead of last year, but where I need to be for my April run in the GC.  I should be better prepared than usual for my May 24hr.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lunch time 5 planned.  Just haven't felt like rolling out of bed and taking 2 dogs for a walk, then dumping one to take Earl on a run.  So they both suffer. 

QOTD:  I am behind, just ask Mandy.  I haven't been doing my weekend long runs and I felt it on my bike ride yesterday. There is a 4 mile climb at the beginning which usually doesn't bother me but it did yesterday.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Planning on a few miles after work. I feel really ready to get back into this whole running thing.  My quads are sore from a rough kettlebell workout on sunday...This made me realize how much I miss being sore.

QOTD: I'm just getting started, but no plans, so right on target

***I don't think Kelly has been around lately, but his Las Vegas 24hr RR is up on his blog!

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

7 in the sunshine on a fresh layer of snow. It was wonderful. Now the sun is getting stronger, so even when air temps are low, it feels quite nice and warm.

Now I'm watching our little cat play: catching a cricket which has escaped from the lizard's cave, summersaulting and flipping in all directions (the cat, and the cricket as well). Interestingly, the cat does not seem to be put off by the feel or taste of the cricket in its mouth. One more thing that seems to confirm that she was a stray in her early days.

Taper: I am rank 35 on the wait list, which might change slightly once payment is due (in March). Right after the lottery, I was rank 53, so 18 people have missed the deadline for joining the wait list, or have withdrawn.

226 (one down from the 227 after the lottery) on the start list for 208 slots.

Run for fun.

Our 4 mile trail run was nice until I fell on the ice and conked my noggin. Then I got to spend a few hours in the emergency room.  I wish I had put on the microspikes.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Our 4 mile trail run was nice until I fell on the ice and conked my noggin. Then I got to spend a few hours in the emergency room.  I wish I had put on the microspikes.

Ice is a treacherous thing. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Don't forget to take it easy for a few days!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

ouch!  I took a pretty good spill this evening myself, no ice, but toed a rock in a bunch of rocks, my shoulder took the brunt of it, but did a take rock to the head- fortunately no emergency room, but I'm pretty sure I have a couple of black and blues in my future

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √