Trailer Trash

Nappy Time Fridailies (Read 21 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Just to make Mandy feel younger, who here takes naps?  Oops, that was the QOTD.

I just got to work and I feel like I need a nap already *ugh*.  Yesterday was a TURD.  I did all my praying and rain dancing, which did produce a nice thunderstorm and downpour, but I had to work late, so no run.  Hope to get catch-up (or is it katsup?) miles in tonight.

QOTD-A:  On weekends, I've come to taken afternoon naps.  Pretty sure getting up at 5 AM to get long runs in the morning has contributed to the habit.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

dhuffman63

Trails

Got 5 last night.

QOTD: I like naps, could use one now as I haven't been sleeping well at night lately. Unlike to get one...well maybe this weekend.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Maybe a run later tonight.  Trying to figure out when I will be able to run this weekend.  Helping my bro and SIL move tomorrow.  Temps are dipping down and rain so that could make things interesting.

Mandy - every once in a while I wish I was free to pick up and move and start over.  So having that freedom is cool but also a bit unnerving at the same time.  I guess your year long lease at least gives you the time to figure it out.  Have fun with it.  And you have a few people here that could easily give you some suggestions! 

QOTD: Nap? What is that? DW loves her naps but I don't partake other than an occasional "cat nap" while watching TV.  But they are short for sure and usually not intentional.  DW can nap for hours on weekend afternoons.  I have come to accept that she will.

Can't wait to hear all about the TT weekend rendezvous.  Don't get too crazy.  And the first one to capture Warden with a big smile in a pic wins!!!!! 

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

This morning I ran that same 2.5 mile loop one time in the dark; it was easy. But a ton of spiders showed up between mid-day yesterday and 5:50 this morning.

QOTD: I normally take naps on weekends unless we have some event/party to go to, usually only about 45 minutes. My favorite naps are the ones that happen on Sunday afternoon when I drift off to sleep about halfway through the first quarter of a football game and wake up the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

Mandy I have to second Jamie's comment...right now I'd love to just leave and go where ever I wanted to.  I'm sure the way it happened is what really sucks but time does really heal and having a year to get your mind together to make a clean start is actually not a bad idea.  Just don't use it as an excuse to vegetate.  Learn new things, go new places, try new foods.  If you want to come to NE OK I have 40 acres you could camp on if you like that...pet the horses.  Visit with my canine pack.  I have barn kitties too.

Daydreamer1

Spending a long weekend in steamy central Texas.  No running and no real plans to run .  For some reason the desire is all gone which is very odd, because even when my focus was all on biking I would still enjoy a run every week. Now not at all.

Mandy: Sorry to hear that your life is kind of messy right now.  Haven't been following along here enough to know the details and I don't really need to know. Just hang in there and things will get better.

QOTD: I take a lot of naps. It's how I get through life. Part of that is because of my work schedule mess with my sleep patterns.

AT-runner

Tim

Usually an  SRD on Friday's , but we'll run a bit tonight since we fly out to CO very early tomorrow. Might stick to logging roads as would not like to fall and hurt myself before the trip.

Can't wait to hear all about the TT weekend rendezvous.  Don't get too crazy.  And the first one to capture Warden with a big smile in a pic wins!!!!! 

Have a great weekend!

If Warden and NH share a tent, I'm sure harrier will get that picture. 

QOTD"  Not too often, but I do like a weekend nap. usually, like LB, watching sports or while reading.  When my Lyme symptoms were at their worst, I would nap 2 times a day and still go to bed earl.  I didn't like that.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

was too hot after work yesterday, so no trails for Tiny E and I (much to the chagrin of TE); sadly more of the same this evening- looking at the forecast into the future, appears this may be the very last of the heat (of course I said that last week!)

probably strength train this evening

qotd: very rarely- if I do it’s on the weekend after a long run; DW doesn’t like to nap much either as she has a tough time coming out of it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

If you want to come to NE OK I have 40 acres you could camp on if you like that...pet the horses.  Visit with my canine pack.  I have barn kitties too.

That actually sounds relaxing. 

My idea isn't to move (yet).  I would quit my job and go for a long hike somewhere.  Probably the PCT.  I don't know.  Lots of thoughts and ideas and things to mull over.

Oh, I guess since this is the dailies, I ran 6 last night.

QOTD: I don't nap.  Never have.  Not even as a baby.  It makes me feel awful when I wake up.

Running is dumb.

dhuffman63

Trails

Offers open any time Mandy...PM me if you decide to visit and I'll give you directions and my cell #.  I've been through all kinds of ship in my 54 years so I know the benefits of sometimes just relaxing.  The horses are very friendly especially Cali the spotted one.

LB2

That actually sounds relaxing. 

Oklahoma is one of my favorite places, southwest Oklahoma. But I am sure NE Oklahoma is great, too. I can hardly wait until April to get back up there for a week.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

A day of rest around here. The weather has turned to the outstanding rating for the next several days. Gonna recon a couple other campgrounds and check out the start/finish area for tomorrows event but otherwise just hanging out.

QOTD--occasionally a nap feels good but like others I have troubles coming out of it.

Sandy-2

I'm again taking a rest day.  After icing it a lot yesterday, I went for a short bike ride last night, the knee only hurt when I was going up the little hills we have.  BTW, the only 'hills' we have are road underpasses.  The knee feels almost 100% normal today.  Anyway I'm still icing it and taking a rest day to make sure.

I'll do my crunches and core stuff after work today and I might even run a little tomorrow (but we'll see).

qotd: I've been known to nap anytime, weekends only though.  Especially after getting up at 4am to get a run in before the temps start climbing. My DW hates that I can sleep anywhere anytime and still sleep like a log at night.  She's a very light sleeper.  I always say the reason I can sleep so soundly is because I know she's there and will wake me up if something happens.  

tbd.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I did 1.5 miles last night because of taper and the Eagles game.  Feeling pretty good.

QOTD: I took a nap last weekend.  It was great.  I can't remember the last time I took a nap before that.

**Ask me about streaking**

runtraildc

Hi trailers. Cooler day here finally (89 degrees at noon!) so I got in a couple of miles in rock creek between errands.  It felt good to hit the trails and I did not suffer as much on the hills as I have lately, so that's good. Might also have been because it was a micro-run, but I'll take it.

qotd: Occasionally. usually about 20 minutes (not hours, unless my sleep has been really screwed up). I read somewhere that was an optimal length of time to get refreshed, but not cycle into deeper sleep and thus a more difficult time waking up.