Trailer Trash

Fridaiky and the weekender all in one... (Read 12 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

2 mile walk with Jack...that's it. 

qotd: Excuring weekend plans or same old same old?  Race day tomorrow and Mother's day brunch with my cousins family, with mundane chores in between.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

4 last night with Baker out at the lake. Actually did not go near the lake but ran 2 loops under the cedar instead. Peak wild flower time for patches of Dame's rocket. They are all over the place in this section. Pretty common in PA but they look cool in the woods. I might do 3 later around the hood before hitting the links tonight for 9 holes. Took Baker up to the local trail earlier but it is a HHH day and he did not want to run so we just did a short walk.

QOTD: Run some errands tomorrow, head to DC on Sunday with the missus and Baker for 3 days/nights.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: I get on a plane at 6am Sat for a week at my mom's.  Traveling while doing dialysis is not for the weak of heart.  The logistics were a nightmare but the solution has been delivered to my mom's, have the suitcase packed (with AirTag), and the backpack ready for the last minute items.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Good luck Sue!

7 miles (1200') with Tiny Elvis- shooting stars are up

qotd: pretty much same old; MIL is coming over for Mother's Day, but she comes over every Sunday- so still kind of same old 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I am here. . .  just laying low for a bit.  I took Monday and Tuesday off and then ran 5 mi on Wed and 11 mi yesterday. On Wednesday's run I fit it in between storms, at one underpass the water was up to my mid-thigh, that spot has a puddle sometimes, but never been  that high before - quite the downpour, but at least is was cooler.  Yesterday's run was a muggy mess, it was so humid it was sort of foggy, then the sun came out and it was a steam bath.  Today I'm not sure what I'm doing, I may run a few miles later, but it's 87 deg and I may just bag it.

I'm kind of feathering recovery into some longish runs next week followed by a taper of sorts. I just saw a running bud in the supermarket and told her I'm doing 15 tomorrow, so now I guess I'm committed.   Anyway, I'm just maintaining in the 5 weeks between my two 50 milers.

To catch up a little:

LB: yeah we had some crazy storms this week, glad to hear you made out ok.

dhuff: agree with the others, stick around!! BTW, my friend is now starting up the dialysis, he and his wife went thru some sort of 'training' for it, hope it's gonna work for him.

XT: nice photo of the pup.

mt: also liked the photos, sorry no bears were spotted.

QoN: GL on the run tomorrow.

qotd:  nothing much, just running and stuff around the house. DD and SIL are coming over on Mother's day.

tbd.

Sandy-2

Ok another 3 day weekender!!  

Got up early and did 15 mi this morning.  Didn’t beat the heat thou, at 5am it was 77°. Another muggy mess that hit me in the face when I walked out the back door.

Felt ok for the first 9 miles, then the wheels fell off and my legs were mush. Grunted thru the last miles. Then went to coffee with my running buds, I was kinda a zombie.  But now that I’m getting up from a late morning nap I feel much better.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles (600') this morning with Tiny Elvis- started out sunny, quickly turned to cloudy and at the end very dark and spitting rain- we got to the truck just at the right time 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran my 25k this morning which was actually 16.1, who's complaining?  That would be me  The first 10 mikes was a breeze and the next 2 not so bad...at this time I am thinking 3 miles left...I got this.  So we get to the 2nd to last aid station (which is also the last) and the woman in front of me crosses over to the other side of aid station.  I think nothing of it cause I am thinking we are heading back, until the kid working the station tells us to head left.  So I tell him a girl just cut through and he ran after her.  She may have cut off 3 miles.  So most of the race was on a wide trail like a dirt road but actually a cross country ski trail.  The last 5 (I mean 6) were a sweet single track.  So around mile 13 the stomach kicks in a little and my quads are sore with each step but I am doing ok.  Sure wish it ended at 15.3 and not 16.2.  So being old has it perks, well not for me but 2 ladies in front of me.  The first place in my age group was about 3 mins ahead and 2 place was about 1.5 mins...so no tin cup for me (the prize for 1st).  Drank my free beer, chatted with sone kicks I occasionally run with, and then headed home.  I wanted to nap but have never had much luck sleeping in the daytime.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Good job Sue!

We had (still have) a race that was a true 30k when I first ran it, the changed the course the next year adding some vert and a little distance, the next year they did the same thing (more vert and a little more distance), but they still call it a 30k 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I did a 30k in Tilden Park at Berkeley. Oof, it was 80s. At least there were trees and shade for parts of it.  Besides being hot, it was hilly, with 4,000’ climbing, but that’s exactly what I need for my races in Oregon.  I ran a smidge more after finishing to make it an even 19. Happy with how it went, 2nd in AG.  I think there were 3.   Pooped now.

Queen, nice job!  It’s been a while since you raced, IIRC?

QOTD: after the run, I picked up a couple burritos, visited my dad, did some chores for him, and had early dinner with him.  A friend is coming up from San Jose tomorrow so we’ll do a run.  Then going to neighborhood pizza party.  And I should get some chores done at some point.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats Margaret- you're notching quite a few races 

4 miles (600') with my wife and Tiny Elvis- nice cool, overcast day perfect for hiking!

some Penstemon popping

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

More t-storms around here this morning so I got to sleep in today.  Stuff to do today so no run, I’ll run today’s planned 10 mi tomorrow instead.  Hopefully I can sneak it in between tomorrow’s forecast storms.

Nice job on the runs QoN and Gatsby!!!

tbd.