Trailer Trash

Changing Weekender (Read 18 times)

Sandy-2

Change of seasons that is...

Did a great trail run/hike today.  Went on a Busan trail I’ve been on many times.  Ended up with 15 miles. My legs were toasted though. Stayed in the green.  The GPS said 3800 elev gain.

From yesterday... anyone who wants to join me inKorea is more than welcome!!!

qotd: I got nothing.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice run Sandy, do you get a taxi back than?  I’m going to bust out some chores today.  Tommorrow we gave a trail planned to a fire lockout short and steep so more of a hike.

Qotd:  any healthy new habits?  Or ones you feel you should start? I haven’t salted my food in a week.  Which if you ever saw me eat you would know it was a big deal.  I read that salting your food changes your taste buds so that you need more salt to make food taste good.  I was in the habit of salting my plate of food every couple of bites.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Nice run Sandy, do you get a taxi back than?

Nope. Navigated out of the woods towards the hotel, then ran the streets back to the hotel. Didn’t bring my phone today so I went by feel.  I have a really good sense of direction. I was fine in the woods, just a wrong turn or two once in the little tangle of small streets and alleyways.

qotd: nothing comes to mind.

Queen, Wow that’s a lot of salt.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Was going for 10-12, but DW tripped and caught herself and in doing so pulled her right glute.  I was waiting at a turn and she didn't show, so I backtracked and she was limping along. We turned back and got just under 5 miles in.  She's hurt this same muscle before in a similar way by jamming her leg to stop a fall.

QOTD:  I heard cussing was bad for your health, so I tried to cut back, but Fuck that shit. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

15 miles today, up and down the coastal trail.

Sandy, that's a lot of climbing!  I had about 700 feet of gain.

Queen, so does food taste bland to you without the extra salt?  You could try spices instead.

AT, sometimes stopping the fall can do more damage than just falling.  That's how I strained my rotator cuff a couple years ago.

QOTD: I should cut out candy (I know, fat chance this time of year!). My flabby mid-section would appreciate it. Gotta cut back on empty calories somehow, and definitely not cutting out beer.

A question for the Trailer Trash hive mind: any recommendations for trail marathons on the east coast in July or August? Preferably near a major city. Preferably not super hilly or technical. It's for a possible 1st marathon for someone in another RA group.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

5 mi on the streets and a large park today.  Nice and flat with easy footing.  Much easier. Although I felt stale from yesterday.

Had a nice Galbi (Korean bbq) dinner with friends last night. Most of the people who where here 2 years ago when I lived here have also moved back home, such is the transient nature of expat life.

AT, sometimes stopping the fall can do more damage than just falling.

Took the words right out of my mouth, been there done that...  AT perhaps you should offer to massage it. 

tbd.

GC100k

Got out and walked on the muddy AT for 2 hours yesterday.

runtraildc

Got out in the 60 degree weather for 3 miles with the group. I've been running a lot of short distances lately, but the unintended good news is that I've been picking up the pace pretty consistently. Plus I feel stronger on hills. I do need more distance, though.

qotd: I'm not sure I can claim it as a habit yet, but I've been cutting down on snacking and sugar overall. My aging metabolism has not been kind to my waistline this year.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

still winter like here- yesterday's high 34 degrees (woke up to a new skiff of snow this morning)- got 7 miles in Friday and 5 in yesterday with Tiny Elvis, we'll get out for a few today- he doesn't seem to mind the snow a bit Smile

qotd: with almost two weeks being sick I need to get back to strength training in earnest again; I don't have any bad habits 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 7 miles on and around the AT at Caledonia SP while DW walked 3.  She's still pretty sore and I'm sure won't be running for a bit, but said the walk felt fine.  100% agree that she would have been better falling than catching herself. She said that right away.

YouTube saved the day again yesterday. Tried to start up the pellet stove and it wasn't working. Tracked it down to the auger that dumps the pellets slowly into the burn pot. Thought maybe motor was bad, but a quick video search showed how to check for an auger blockage, and after an hour repair, it's running like a champ.  All the dust from the pellets had settled down and with the humidity had clumped together.  Had this stove for 6 years and never had to do that before. Saved an expensive repair call but more importantly a long wait to get a stove repair guy out here. Yay for YouTube.

Hope FTYC is OK in State College after Penn State's second home loss in a row.  Hopefully the PSU kids don't destroy things like they do at WVU after a loss.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

9 mikes with some friends.  Our plan was to travel up to Tahoe and do a new run.  Before my husband left he said don’t go running off in the mountians, it’s still fire season. So I am going to anyways but woke up and it’s windy so I meet them and tell them I am not going stay local.  They did too, nice.  Our power company PGE new plan is to turn off power when the winds blow so a tree can’t fall on their lines and start another fire.  They have sent warnings today that they may be shutting it off tonight.  I’m good, just bought 4 bottles of wine yesterday. 

Warden:  can’t get over the snow.  It’s like you never had a fall.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

What I did today: course marshal witch at the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Run, with Warden face:

Crazy that Warden has snow and Californians are on red alert for fire danger.

Might go out for a few miles later.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

8 yesterday and 5 more today.  I have a MRI early tomorrow morning.  Yay! I think.

What a great pic of Tiny E - gliding over the snow.

Queen - good to see you're still doing mikes! 

Warden face - 

QOTD: new health habits? Na

Have a great rest of the weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

too much of a smirk (almost a smile) for a warden face- more seriousness!  

4 miles today with Tiny E- very brisk afternoon.  Have tomorrow off so I might head to the Elkhorns with my snowshoes Smile

the good news is Tuesday or so, fall is back with temps in upper 50's to low 60's- will be very welcome

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

GC100k

A couple hours on the AT and connecting trails with my girls today. They were inspired by the Free Solo trailer and climbed up a couple 20 ft cliff faces. Good thing Mom wasn't along.

Found this photo online of the rocks they climbed. The fox wasn't there today.