Trailer Trash

Weekend Warrior (Read 16 times)

LB2

No run today, and a short hike to where I am hunting from the house, like maybe 100 yards from the house. I may get some mileage hiking around a neighborhood tonight at Halloween, but I don't know.

Weekend Plans?

I'll hunt until around noon today, cook a gumbo, and then go to the Halloween thing. If I kill a deer today, I will run tomorrow. Otherwise, I will hunt. I have too much going on next week at work to really take off and hunt the rest of the week.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Sunshine, wind, and temps rising to the mid 40's today. A nice reprieve from what we've had lately. I'll be heading to my favorite trails here in a bit for hopefully 19 miles. Gonna be a slow grind as the trails will be still a little snowy, icy, with some bare spots thrown in.

Our state is in a covid nightmare right now with idiots everywhere behaving... well like idiots. I have no idea how we're ever gonna get out of this. DW has had several former co-workers come down with it thru their work so I'm sure glad she's retired. We'll just keep being as reclusive as possible. Stay well people.

QOTD--long run today. Tomorrow we'll be heading out for Destin, Fl.. I'm ready for an escape.

Sandy-2

I'm baaaaaack...  to catch up since the last time I was here, 15, 10, 10, 12, 11, 11, and 21 today. The weather was perfect this morning, abt 42 deg, lowish humidity, clear and a slight breeze. Full moon moonlight was nice and the sunrise over the lake was fantastic. Only thing missing was I didn't hear any owls this morning. Felt effortless and a pretty good (for me) pace. Gives me 397 mi for the month and 37k steps for today, maybe I should head out this evening during Halloween to get the round numbers, naaaaaah I'm good.

LB2 - I saw that 8 point buck again this morning. It's the third time I've seen the same guy in a week or so, only he didn't have the doe and hog with him this morning.  Either that or there are a few look-alike brothers hanging out in the burbs since bow season started a bit ago and rifle season started today.  Smart deer.

qotd: Just hanging out and since the weather is so perfect today we're going to get take-out pizza and eat it at a picnic table in the nearby park. I'm also going to the local micro brewery to pick up a growler to have while we are hiding from the trick-or-treaters (we're being old farts and not participating this year for like the first time ever - COVID sucks).  I plan to do another 21 tomorrow morning.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Pushed my recovery a bit today with 10.7 miles.  I needed 10.6 miles to finish the Tip to Tip Florida Traverse and decided I'd like to finish it in October instead of letting it slip into the first day or two of November.

QOTD:  Nothing special.  I never get trick or treaters and got my long run into day day, so tomorrow I relax.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Pain is my friend

Ran 11 miles on a track and 1 more off the track. Then got called to work for most of the day.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

12 absolutely brutal miles yesterday elk hunting- deep snow, a ton of blowdown, steep rocky stretches; was hot on some elk tracks but they seem to fair better in deep snow, blowdown and steep country 

probably a short hike with Tiny E near town (if we go, he'll break the 1000 mile mark for the year Smile)

qotd: see above

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Virtual marathon yesterday, via 2-mile loops at Crissy Field in the Presidio in SF.  It was a loosely organized non-official event, but there was still a semi-official aid station at one of the picnic tables.  Saw several of old friends and made some new ones.  Not a particularly efficient effort since there was a lot of chatting and catching up on the past year, but it was a beautiful day to be out there so why rush.    The almost-full moon was setting over Fort Point just as we started.

QOTD: Didn't get any chores done yesterday so today will be spent doing laundry, cleaning the house, and doing yard work.  Maybe catch some football on the tube.  But first, a short run.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Did 23 mi on the Greenway trail this morning. The Greenway is a paved hike/bike path that also has some off-road trails that roughly parallels Spring Creek, it’s really nice. There are also horse trails that my DD rides a lot. We had planned to meet, but she changed her mind and slept in (wonder were she gets that from ).

By the way my DW and my pizza picnic was really nice, we also stuck around after sunset to also see the full moon rise over the lake.  It was very quiet and nice.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 3 mile recovery hike with Tiny Elvis, Tiny E broke the 1000 mile mark today- not all easy miles Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Ha, the look on Tiny E's face is priceless.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Ha, the look on Tiny E's face is priceless.

he wasn't overly thrilled with that walk 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

mt: Tiny E leaves a pretty wide path for such a little dog. Must be the tail wagging that's sweeping the stuff aside.

Gatsby: nice photo. I like the light on the bridge too.

tbd.