Trailer Trash

Spectacular Sundaily (Read 28 times)

moonlightrunner

Spectacular because it is a perfect fall day here. I have a date with my favorite running trail this afternoon. This morning I am watching the Lions play in London (not doing well so far).

Qotd: is there one thing you can't seem to make yourself do that would improve your running? For me it is getting up for morning runs. If I could do it my training would be more consistent.

I hope everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

6 miles on the road.  I ran out to see some friends who are running the 1/2 marathon in Gettysburg.  It felt strange to watch people running on the road after doing that for many many years, but as I was running back home, I remembered how much I hate road running when a car tried to push me off the side of the road.  Driver yelled for me to get out of his way.  I gave him my usual reply by telling him he was #1 by holding up 1 finger on each hand. 

Welcome to the new and returning posters in the dailies.  

QOTD:  I've been slacking on my speed work for most of the year, so I'll go with that.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gonna run 9 with Jill and Earl later...it's wet outside and I am assuming by the time we run the sun will be shining and it will be a beautiful fall day.

QOTD:  keep telling myself to add some core work and push ups... Or join a gym.  Have done neither!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Sluggish Sunday is more like it for me today.  DS had a bunch of kids over for a sleepover, so not the best night of sleep.  I have 7 miles planned so I think I'll get into rock creek on some of the quieter trails to avoid the traffic.   Meanwhile, still waiting for the coffee to kick in.

Blargendarg-- Welcome!  It is always wonderful to have folks join in on the fun and new voices are greatly appreciated.  What region/area are you from?

qotd:  Lose some weight.  I think 10 lbs would help a lot.

Occasional Runner

10 trail miles with my beautiful wife and my happy pup. We stuck to a very leisurely pace and enjoyed a gorgeous fall day. Almost nobody out on the trails this morning. Sunday in Utah is awesome because the Mormons won't do shit all day so the rest of us have everything to ourselves.

QOTD: Long runs are my weakness, that's why I race a lot. It forces me to get my distance in.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

10.2 mile trail run with Bella today.  27 for the week.  Both are the most I have run post-op.  NorthernHarrier and I were supposed to run a trail 8K together today, but he PMed me last night and mentioned something puking and coming down with Ebola, so he had to stay home.  I didn't feel like going alone and I figured a run with my dog would be more fun anyway, so I bailed too.  Glad I did, cause Bella and I had a good time Smile

QOTD:  Speed work.  Fuck that shit.  I like to be zen while running.  Speed work is not zen.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Spectacular day here, too. Spent most of the day at work, though, and it was crazy busy. So I'm getting ready to head out into the last rays of golden sunlight right now.

QOTD: Speedwork, and strength training. Makes me breathe to hard.

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

Thanks for the welcome, folks! Some call me Tim.

Kinda gloomy here today (Western NY), but I got in 6 on the shortest of the home loops in between splitting and stacking this winter's firewood. Gosh I love the sound of rounds coming apart.

QOTD: Ditto on the morning runs, at least during the week

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks for the welcome, folks! Some call me Tim.

Whew! That's a lot easier than your user name! Welcome, Tim! We could use some new blood.

Running is dumb.

Spectacular fall day here as well. Ran 13 miles in my favorite redwood canyon with a RC friend.  Weekday runs are on a bike path closer to home so I won't have much to write about until next weekend.

Qotd: ditto what MadisonMandy said.  My plodding is zen.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

some call me Tim

Whew! That's a lot easier than your user name! Welcome, Tim! We could use some new blood.

It was a pirate name once, and who knows why but now if you google it, it kind of holds together... strange to think of a section of your life preserved that way. Anyhow I am glad to be here.. I plan to be pretty boring until next weekend and then it's Napoleon's Plan:

1. Show up

2. See what happens

moonlightrunner

1. Show up

2. See what happens

I am familiar with that plan!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

I took a SRD Sunday, but I did 5 miles this morning (Monday).  BTW, I'm in Shanghai this week, so this morning's conditions were warm, humid and the air quality was really shitty.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing more harm than good running in China.

As an example, the hotel I'm staying at has a chart by the elevator that gives INDOOR air quality for various locations in the hotel.  It was rated "good" everywhere except in the lobby where is was "moderate".  Outside it was really crappy, but I didn't bother to go to the official air quality page.

qotd: I'll also go with speed work.

tbd.

LB2

I ended up with 10 miles for Sunday.

QOTD: I should do more core work.

LB2

Misti and I did a few hours around the Flatirons, some of it rather fast (for me).  Fun day to be out!

QOTD: 1. speed work  2. getting up early.  I hate both.