Trailer Trash

Now where's that bird book - Thursdaily (Read 50 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

About to head out for another run over the glacier. At least, that's what my trails look like now, since forever, it seems.

I just reviewed my training plan that I used as a guideline for my first 50k, and I realized that I've been slacking for quite a while now. Well, I knew it, but never really cared. Not so good for my upcoming race in April...

So how do I compress 20+ weeks into 6 weeks now? This looks a lot like upcoming misery on race day, yay!

Am I a true ultra runner now that I have found a way to torture myself?

QOTD: Daylight saving time is coming up - love it or hate it?

Me: Love it! It should be a year-round thing!

Happy trails, everyone!

Run for fun.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

SRD for me. Appointment with the pt later on, should be back to running tomorrow.

QOTD: HATE! i like morning workouts, just when it starts to get light the government goes and messes it up. I also grew up is Arizona, a state which does not practice it either.

My favorite Native American proverb this time of year is

“Only the white man’s government would be so stupid as to cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it onto the bottom, and think they have a longer blanket.”

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

My favorite Native American proverb this time of year is

“Only the white man’s government would be so stupid as to cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it onto the bottom, and think they have a longer blanket.”

How true!

This reminds of the following joke:

In Germany, the government is thinking of improving the Autobahn. They are going to add another lane on the left in each direction.

Additionally, as virtually nobody uses the right lane, this one will be removed.

Run for fun.

After a 3 day running hiatus filled with snowboarding (through the woods!) and yoga, I am ready to get back on the road tonight for a 10 miler. I had been feeling some nagging pains last week, so I'm hoping a 3 day break will do the trick.

FTYC - Good luck with the training....I also feel like my 50k has crept up on me this year. Time to get serious!

QOTD: I love it! Since I'm an evening runner, next week I'll be running in the light again! Smile

NorthernHarrier

Checking in. Not sure what's in store today so we'll just be winging it. I'll try to get some tempo in. Pretty happy I came thru Saturdays 25k unscathed other that I'm keep getting slower. So I'm moving slowly forward. Later I'll have to get some of this snow off my roof so it doesn't end up in my basement with this weekends rain and melt.

Couch--Pileated

Birdwell-Nice proverb  Smile

QOTD--Like it

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Wound up with 3.5 pain free miles last night.  Baby steps.  Smile  No running for me today, as I am not allowed to run two days in a row.

QOTD: It's happiest day of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVE DST!

Running is dumb.

Irish Luck

Probably going to bike tonight and mix things up, as I have a 12K trail race this weekend and did some fast miles several nights in a row this week.

QOTD: It's love/hate. The return to morning darkness makes getting up even more difficult, but I greatly appreciate the brighter evenings.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 mile run in the snowy tundra this afternoon

qotd: I hate it simply because of the changing; keep one way or the other, I don't really care which one- I admire AZ for bucking it, it's hard to believe MT hasn't as we tend to be quite contrary when it comes to the Federal govt Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Despite the lack of promised snow the pooch and had a nice 8 mile trail run. They were calling for 6-12" and there was nothing left of the light dusting that we actually got. I am kind of bummed as I was looking forward to a nice snowstorm.

We ran some really technical trail for part of the way.  Run might be an exaggeration since it was really rough and involved a lot of climbing over stuff and use of hands.  Some of the steeply off camber parts had a ways to fall if you slipped and was actually kind of scary to me, but Marley was fearless about it.  She leaped, climbed, or scrambled over some really gnarly stuff.

QOTD: I used to love it, but since I am mostly retired it doesn't make much difference.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Easy 6 miles this morning with DW.  Wet and a bit snowy in parts.  sorry Couch, no ice here.  Weekend weather looks promising with temps over 50 degrees.

Mandy - congrats on your pain free run.  Slow and steady progression keeps you healthy.

QOTD:  LOVE IT.  I'm an evening person and I love being able to work outside later in the evening.  Also I like running in the dark in the morning knowing that the sun is coming up soon.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in 4.5 miles total this morning of pyramid running (all your fault people for giving me this aweful idea last week).  But it wasn't so bqad afterall.  Maybe I wasn't running hard enough.  It shouldn't be fun ....right?

Couch - shame on you for not sticking to your plan! But you're an ultra vet now so it should be a piece of cake

birdwell - fingers crossed for tomorrow (and love the quote)

tnc - I am not a snowboarder but running down some snowy hills this winter I wished I was

harrier - how much snow you guys end up getting?

mandy - awesome! but take it easy...

erbur - must be a pretzel city race this weekend?!?

mtwarden - your run sounds delightful

TT - we didn't get much of anything here but 45 minutes away they got 8 inches or more - very strange

AT - great weekend coming!

QOTD: used to love it but I am now a monring runner so this will screw with my weekend early trail runs.  I try not to take too much time away from the family

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

ultratom80

Good Morning!

Did and easy 6 this morning, which included a 1 mile trail loop. I did a leg work out last night, so I am still a little sore from that. I am trying oto get rid of this damn shin splint. Hate it.

QOTD: I love it because longer days are always better.

Tom

Runinaround

Ran 8 miles during lunch yesterday and it felt alot better, hopefully im finally breaking out of this funk im in. Will do weights and stair machine at the gym for lunch today followed by a dreadmill workout later tonight. I know Im suppose to be tapering for LA next weekend but I have a hard time not running everyday or at least 5 days a week and running at a decent effort. I need to force myself to slow down and take afew days off next week so my legs will thank me for it.

QOTD: I love it! Just means I get in more trail running after work and gets me off my treadmill!

dpc3

5 was on the schedule but it was such a nice morning sunny and 40 I extended the run a mile. So all in all 6 miles in shorts and short sleeves, PERFECT!

QOTD: Now that I am in NM love it, I am an early riser and to run while the sun is coming up is great along with beating the heat of the day.

Low_O2

Hi all!

Got in a great 8.7 mile run on the La Luz trail last night. ~4.3 miles uphill to 9000ft and turned around to bomb back to the trailhead for ~2000ft of elev gain. One of my favorite trails in the area, especially this time of year when the weather is beautiful and the crowds are small.

dpc3 - agreed, the weather has been about perfect for running the last couple days! I've been fighting the urge to go longer myself.

QOTD: Yes, I'm excited to extend my evening runs higher up the mountain without needing a headlamp. But I would be OK with it staying the same year round and adjust accordingly.