Trailer Trash

Warden Weekender---- (Read 25 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My running date dumped me... said she doesn't feel well and didn't sleep well last.  She's 22 with a new boyfriend!! Who can bkame her.  

Was planning 16 to 18 but now may just run 13 and call it a day.  Picking up my sil later today so the rest of the weekend is wine and woman stuff.

Qotd: Is more of a goal....sometime this weekend when out running on a trail take a selfy..aka Warden style---no smile and post it!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Got in an easy 3 miles with  the group this morning. Booked plans for a short spring break getaway next week, and am now spring cleaning. Weekend's off to an exciting start here.

qotd: I'll try for tomorrow morning. I'm running a local club, low-key race. 10k thru the park (on the road, though).

Gator eye

8 solo this morning, was going with a faster pace so I left Mr Jangles at home. I got the cold shoulder treatment the rest of the morning.

Like to get in 16 Sunday but weather man says 20 and windy so mileage may be shorter.

QOTD: if only I knew how to get a pic from my phone to this page with only this phone.

Sandy-2

Got up early and did 15.  I was at mile 9 when it started getting light.  A guy here always says that "miles before dawn are free", so that turned out pretty good.  It was warmish (68 deg) and humid (98%), but there was a nice breeze out of the south, so it felt tropical - I actually felt pretty good the whole way.  After mile 7 or so I was leap-frogging one of the fast girls this morning (full disclosure, she did some extra parts in two places so that's how I would get ahead of her), so when I was ahead I picked it up so she wouldn't catch me so quickly, I finished before she caught me the last time. I think that helped me keep the pace up on the second half of my run.

qotd: I'll see what I can do tomorrow, I hate carrying my phone when I run.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ended up with 13 shitty miles....had no mojo and the dogs were pissing me off....just as we woukd get going and get a rythym they'd stop to smell something..looking firward to a day off tomorrow..

moonlightrunner

Heading out for a night run a little later. One disadvantage of the time change...night runs have to start so late.

Qotd: I am going to try and figure out this Imgur ....if I am successful I will post a pic!

I really suck at this website stuff

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Queen - Love that stash!  I'm jealous.  I know what you mean by no running mojo.  Just one of those days.

13 this morning.  Sunny.  I'm starting to get a tan line on my face from my hat.  May go out for more later.

QOTD:  No trail running planned this weekend (one can still dream).  This pic was from earlier in the week during our 4th Noreaster in 3 weeks.  Bridges provide the only running sanctuary in the city during stormy weather.  Not quite trailer trash worthy, but the best I could get.  In a couple weeks our cabin should be thawed out (will probably need to evict some vagrant critters), so I should be getting good weekend trail mileage and can go all out warden-style!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Did the Salomon San Francisco HM today.  My favorite HM in the city, with trails, roads, stairs, and beach.  It's an out and back from the Presidio lagoon, up under the Golden Gate Bridge, to Land's End.  Some pics, including my response to the QOTD.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorthernHarrier

Up at my cabin by noon today. No real hurry to get here as it still deep winter here but since I had the time there are not many places I would rather be. Dropped a large cedar tree out on the ice and cut it up out there. Man, was I floundering about as the snow is still over knee deep and trying to get the branches and wood into piles on the steep shoreline so I can deal with a little later was exhausting.  Did go out for a 7.5 mile hilly road run, still slow and easy but it felt like things are improving.

In a couple weeks our cabin should be thawed out (will probably need to evict some vagrant critters), so I should be getting good weekend trail mileage and can go all out warden-style!

Bert--tell us about your cabin.

QOTD--I'll just enjoy your pics, thank you. 

moonlightrunner

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15DK4sj0_MVbZ8hTiAQUsm2w5ZSIsT3AY/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGaoWw04-HK7BHJzKao-YrLnHHiFF1-c/view?usp=drivesdk

I also included a picture of The Old Woman. We look a lot alike!

I think this is as close as I can get to posting a pic!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gator eye

Ok best I could do is change my pic above my name and  somehow it ended up upside down. Go figure. Mr Jangles decided he wanted to play also.

Personally I think Mr Jangles captures the Warden look better than me.

Anyway I got in 16 this morning, Mr Jangles called it quits after 11 and sent me out solo for the last 5. It was cold but all in all a good day for a run

Sandy-2

11 mi this morning. Same as yesterday.

qotd: my backyard before heading out this morning...

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Sunny and warm yesterday on Hilton Head Island.  Cloudy today and cooler, but sure beats the snow we left behind.  I "jogged" an easy 4 miles today. This not running was driving me crazy.

QOTD:  This is my face after too many margaritas last night (2 for 1 Happy Hour is dangerous).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15DK4sj0_MVbZ8hTiAQUsm2w5ZSIsT3AY/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGaoWw04-HK7BHJzKao-YrLnHHiFF1-c/view?usp=drivesdk

I also included a picture of The Old Woman. We look a lot alike!

I think this is as close as I can get to posting a pic!

Got it. That's a big tree.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!