Trailer Trash

Stone Cold Tuesdaily (Read 31 times)

moonlightrunner

Well...the warm spell is over here...it is 15 degrees this morning. Brrr!

Hunting season is over here...yay! Which means that if I am not needed for grandmother duty tonight...I will run in the state park after work. I have my headlamp and handheld ready to go with fresh batteries. I can hardly wait.

Qotd: Anyone score any cyber deals yesterday? I did not partake...as I was busy at work . I hate it when work interferes with my plans!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

We hit the roads for 6 this am. I need to invest in a better jacket to run in cold weather but having a hard time justifying spending money on myself with Christmas presents left to buy

QOTD :  I looked at running jackets but didn't see anything I had to have.

Watoni

Well, it is raining again here and we need that ... at work at 4am, so no running yet ... we will see. Would be great to get out in the mud and see how my Salomons do (not the soft ground version). BTW, I have to reorder my life in many ways, running among them.

QOTD: Nope, I did score an REI deal in a rain jacket I am waiting for.

Occasional Runner

I ran an easy 5 road miles this morning around the college campus in Provo. Resting up and getting ready.

QOTD: I probably did but I haven't asked my wife yet.

runtraildc

Last night's gym and treadmill workout were significantly shortened due to catastrophic first world problems.  Couldn't find my earbuds and took a pair that lasted 30 seconds on the treadmill before dying, and then the tv monitor didn't work to distract me from bubonic betty's hacking cough on the treadmill next to me.  It was at this point I decided that it was not my day and I didn't want to catch whatever she had, so I went home.  Since it is a cold, rainy dreary day, I will try again today.

qotd:  Just a discount on a race next spring.  And  tickets to an adventure park for my kiddo's next spring.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

-6 here this morning; I think I'm changing occupations and becoming a weatherman- you obviously don't need to know anything and if you screw up-no biggie, everyone expects you to screw up, now that's a job where there is no pressure!.  Our high yesterday was supposed to be 26 we got to 11, last night's low supposedly 10 and it's -6.  Todays high.... 30, if it gets to 30 I'll be shopping for a bridge in the Brooklyn area.

I'll head out this evening w/ a headlamp for 6-ish, I think I have the trail tamped down enough w/ my snowshoes I can go w/o them.

qotd: didn't see any grand deals, might be that I'm not needing anything 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

Hi folks!

I got in 4 miles late last night. my first run of any significance since September 29th.

I felt fat and slow, but nothing hurt (except my pride).

I've got 4-5 on tap for tonight as I ease back into a schedule.

QOTD: I bought the kids a jump-o-line for Christmas. can't call it a tramp-o-line until mom jumps on it  

(p.s. she hates that joke. I will pay for it somehow)

Daydreamer1

Trying to decide what I'm going to do today. Running is out until after dark because of hunting season. I'm going to set up the bike trainer today because DW needs something that works for her. She has a bunion that is starting to really bother her and is scheduled for surgery in January. She's having trouble walking for more then a mile so the treadmill and elliptical don't always work the best for her. The trainer should be easier on her foot.  I'll probably put in some time on the trainer then follow up with an elliptical session.

QOTD: I didn't really have anything I needed and DW was working, so no deals were scored.

LB2

Five after work through the woods.

QOTD: No. I was so busy I barely had time to think about buying anything.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing so far...  Smile  will do at least 5 sometime today.  Have stuff for lunch run but it's raining...not so easy when you have a full head of hair!

QOTD:  I did not.  however I did by the husband 2 pairs of shorts for sleeping in and an jewelry eye scope since he keeps accusing my friends kid of stealing his (the kid probably dropped it in a bush).  I really have enough stuff...running and clothes and I am trying to unstuff myself from things.

Watoni:  "BTW, I have to reorder my life in many ways, running among them" you just referring to setting priorities?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 7 miles on the treadmill.  Ice and rain, and I wimped out and opted for the warm inside run.  Don't know why, because the whole time I was wising I was outside.

Birdwell - How's Baby Bird doing?

runtraildc - You can't just say "a race".  What race?

QOTD:  Spent some money on the "Musicians Friend" website.  Got the list from DS, and it was all music related.  I'm a frequent buyer there, and got some good deals like 70% off a 10 pack of guitar strings.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

A fairly pleasing mix of light sleet, snow, drizzle, and mist greeted me for my lunchtime run. I ran a fairly boring 5 mile loop then looped home and picked up the Lady for a shorter 2 mile loop through the neighborhood. I attempted to mix in some fartlek into my first loop, but seemed to be very unfocused. I'd pick up the pace and tell myself run fast to the next street corner but found myself forgetting to maintain the effort. It was a bit comical. Seems my legs are programmed to one speed (thus the fartlek attempt today). So I guess that makes 7 miles for me today.

QOTD: Nope. Did not bother with any cyber deals. The whole "you must shop and bargain hunt" this time of year annoys me.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

some call me Tim

These few days of sub-freezing temps firmed things up enough that the short home loop was doable, so I got an hour in.. and yes, sleet stung the whole way but after a bunch of days on road and treadmill I was just happy I could run out there without destroying the trail.

qotd: nuttin. not that I didn't look.

Ran 7 miles on the treadmill.  Ice and rain, and I wimped out and opted for the warm inside run.  Don't know why, because the whole time I was wising I was outside.

Isn't it funny how that always works out? I was debating a treadmill run tonight because it was supposed to rain but then remembered how much I hate it.  Also, the forecast changed... so I'll run about an hour after work before our first volleyball game of the season.

QOTD: I did not.

runtraildc

runtraildc - You can't just say "a race".  What race?

Well, it's a road race-- but a favorite of mine because it goes from Mt Vernon to Alexandria (the GW Parkway Classic 10 mile).  It's very well organized, small and fast.  I'm planning to work on speed this winter and want to test the old lady* legs.

* According to my kids.