Trailer Trash

Thawing Thursdaily (Read 42 times)

The pooch and I enjoyed a great sunrise out on the trail during our 5 mile trail run.  The clouds quickly obscured the sun though.The pooch and I enjoyed a great sunrise out on the trail during our 5 mile trail run.  The clouds quickly obscured the sun though.

It was still crunchy crystallized mud, but will be thawing and raining later.

GOTD: Pass

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

Nothing today. I'll get a couple of hours on the trail tomorrow afternoon. I get off at 12...

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran 4.5 miles this morning.  Seems it is the calm before the storm.  But we should miss most of it.  Can't say that for New England though.  Two feet or more of snow?

I got nothing...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

At the doctor's for DH's LASIK So no running this am for me.  I am planning on 6 miles tonite with the running group.  The rain and sleet shouldn't start until late tonite. We're forecast to get off easy down here.  Stay safe and warm to the folks further north.

qord- I've got nothing, too, unless we want talk favorite   colors...

have a great day!

TrailTromper- man that pooch of yours has to be the fastest endurance dog in the US

LB2- enjoy the rest

boyjame- don't jinx us. I can't take anymore snow this season. South Central PA has been decent. Lets keep it that way.

runtraildc- good luck to the DH, that procedure always gives me the heebe jeebbies

Ran 6 today on the treadmill, nothing special. Have  a 30 miler planned for the weekend.

qotd: pass

Birdwell

Morning folks! Got in an hour at the pool this morning. The weather has been pretty nice lately out here, but snow is forecast over the weekend.

Should be interesting.

traildc's QOTD:  Red.

Wandering Wally

90 minutes in my aerobic zone last night.  Tonight is iffy if I will be able to get out there.  We'll see how much snow we get today.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

I ended up taking a URD last night, had no desire or will to run and was tired and sore.  Read my post about  it here.

Tonight I'm looking to go 7-8, half on my own and half with a beer running group and then ending at the bar for some brews.

QOTD: Purple

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Not decided yet whether I'll take a rest day, an hour at the pool, or go for a run. Decisions, decisions,...

TT: Sounds like a great beginning of the day. I love crunching through the frozen, crystally mud. That inspires me to a run through the swamp - maybe.

LB2: Enjoy the rest day!

Jamie: Nice morning run. More inspiration for me...

traildc: Good luck to your DH for his Lasik. Our oldest DD had the procedure done a few years ago, and after her eyes had healed up (which takes quite some time), she loved the result!

tmo: Good run on the dreadmill. Hope your plans for the weekend will work out.

birdwell: More snow... I always find that hard after a nice "spring" period already.

smith: The snow run might push your workout above the aerobic zone - just sayin'...

cocktails: With a good beer, the miles should just fly by!

QOTD: Red.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

tmotmo - 30 miler? What are you training for? or is that just for fun?

FTYC - why make a decision- just do all of the above!

QOTD: Blue

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

I ran 7 miles outside Minneapolis this morning. It was a BALMY 24 degrees. That's a 50 degree increase from my run in Canada the previous day.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to Utah so I can get back into the mountains for a long run.

QOTD: Burnt Sienna

XtremeTaper

Hello all... 8.5 for me on the rail trail last night. I've been sort of digging this mindless run as of late. Just turn off the mind and run. Before you know it you've gone a mile, 2 miles, 3 miles, and well geez the turn around is 4 1/4 miles and well there is 8.5 miles right there as you have to get back. In the wintertime this particular rail trail is practically deserted and so I can run my leashless beast on the trail and not worry about bikers and such. It's a cinder surface so great on the legs. Of course the cinder surface has a thin layer of snow right now but that is all right. Makes it a bit more fun actually. I played the usual game of easing out to the turn around point, then trying to bring it home a bit faster. It worked out well.

Today, I will do a ho-hum road run at lunchtime of 7-8 miles, then do some strength training at the gym in the evening.

QOTD: Safety salmon or blaze orange.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

tmotmo - 30 miler? What are you training for? or is that just for fun?

FTYC - why make a decision- just do all of the above!

QOTD: Blue

Doing the Feb Apple 50m in a few weeks but my first 100 is coming up at the end of April so just trying to get some long runs in.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  thawing Thursday is appropriate here our snow is quickly melting which makes a terrible muddy mess, I had a short window this morning at daylight where it was still under 32 and frozen so got a quick 6 miles in.  That will have to be my routine until we dry out which might take a week or longer

my workout last night has me a wee bit sore this morning- I did 6 sets, round robin of 50 pushups, 50 situps, 50 squats and 10 pullups- the last couple of sets were a struggle!

qotd: I've partial to orange of late- always have been partial to grays

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Wandering Wally

FTYC - Well, the point is to stay in my aerobic zone ;-)  I will probably get some good cardio in shoveling my walk and driveway later on anyway.  I'm not worried about running in the snow.  I'll just slow down to keep the effort where I want it.  I am worried about playing dodge 'em with the snowplows.  Maybe I will go to the Y and use the (GASP!) treadmill.  Or maybe just switch tomorrow's rest day to today.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast