Trailer Trash

Thursday (Read 10 times)

runtraildc

Good morning! Chowder and I got in 3.5 miles at dusk yesterday. Got dark quickly and saw lots of deer.  Toda is TBD. Probably just a longer pm dog walk. I was woken up by a vomiting dog at 3 am. He seems ok now. 

Qotd- any interesting animal or other sightings recently? Just deer, as described above. However, last week while driving through Wisconsin, we saw hundreds of migrating sand hill cranes. They are huge birds and I’ve never seen them in large groups before. Some were flying and lots were foraging in a test stop in the corn fields

LB2

Nothing today but work and working on my truck. I did discover that the thermostat housing has a pin hole in the bottom of it. So, I have to go pick up the part at 2:30. I'll be back in business by tomorrow. I have learned a lot more than I ever wanted to know about hoses, thermostats, and coolant this week.

QOTD: I saw a woodcock the other day when I was running. I have been seeing a whole lot of deer. I saw a pig a couple of days ago.

LB2

XtremeTaper

We had some snow flurries again this morning, but nothing really stuck. Did not really run yesterday, but did take Birdie out for ~1 mile jog/walk/stop/sniff/pull up at the local trail. Kind of grey and depressing day here now. Plan to get out soon for 3-4 up at the local trail. Should have a window of time tomorrow to run out at the lake.

QOTD. Saw a fox the other day while walking the dogs at one of our regular haunts. They are common here, but rarely see them trucking down the trail.

Runtrail - City cranes in FL! Right near a trail/pond we walk in the town of Inverness. There were a half a dozen of them that day. Really cracked me up.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Did 11 mi this morning.  Mid 40s at the start perfect weather.. I ran to the park but didn’t meet my friend so I got to run the whole way today.

qotd: typical deer, armadillos, possums, raccoons, etc.  But the other morning, very very early there was a siren off in the distance (I guess an ambulance), I was running on the causeway that goes over some swamp and lowland woods near the lake and the siren inspired some coyote yelping. I didn’t see any and I didn’t think there were any in those woods but it was unmistakable, they are there. Wonder if some are coydog hybrids.

tbd.