Trailer Trash

Tursdaily (it's Thursday isn't it?) (Read 36 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

got in 3 late last night.

QOTD: Do you own a scale?

I have never owned a scale in my life. The only time I know what I weigh is when I go to the doctor every couple of years.

Having said that, I've been considering getting one here recently. I think it might help as I work towards my goal weight.

Anyone have strong feelings one way or another?

(I know this isn't as good as the Mayo vs. miracle whip question, but it's been on my mind lately)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I was wondering about what day it was today, too. It's a day off work, that's all I know, and the kids are off to school (except the middle DS), so it must be a weekday. OK, let it be Thursday then, I'm good with that.

4 miles in the deep snow last night, blazing the trail, and it was awesome!! Why have you guys never mentioned that this is so much fun? 12 degrees, I could see my breath, clear sky, and the stars were amazing. I did not feel the cold at all. With the snow, it was much nicer than a night run in summer. I really regretted that I did not have more time available, I would have loved to run much longer.

Planning on a few miles soon, I have to get out while DH can look after our DS before he heads off to work.

QOTD: We have a "family scale". Everyone loves to step on it, to see the numbers flash (measuring weight, body fat, giving you the percentages on that and the percentile, water content and hydration level, showing you your age and height, and all such gimmicks), and every couple weeks, I step on it, too. Right now it's out of battery, though, has been for a while, and no-one is taking action to replace it. This shows the importance of this scale in our family.

I use a scale sometimes to check my weight and get an idea about body fat, but as these values change only marginally and have never really changed in all the years, I don't think pay much attention. It's only to satisfy my scientific curiosity.

I think a scale can be useful if you are aiming for a certain weight, but as weight fluctuates by several pounds from day to day, it's important to keep in mind the "average value", and not get stuck to a certain number. No strong feelings about it, I always think that how you feel, and how you look compared to what you want to look like (within reason) is more important.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

20 miles on the bike while Jo goes to her yoga class. We're going for a trail run when she gets home. Probably 7 or 8 miles...maybe longer if we feel like it.

QOTD: We keep a scale in the workout room. I use it a few times a week to monitor my weight. I try to stay within a range when I race, so I like to keep pretty close tabs on it. I'm currently up a couple of pounds, which is pretty normal right after a 100 miler because I retain a lot of fluids during recovery. I'm working to drop it now.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will be on the treadmill for 6 miles this afternoon, weather has taken a turn for the worse

qotd: we had one before we moved, don't know where it is now- I will weigh myself at the gym occasionally, fortunately my weight doesn't fluctuate much

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, trailers.

I got out for 4 road miles this morning, sounds easy right? Well, it wasn't. I tweaked

by back on Sunday (I may have done it on my foam roller), so I can't bend all the way

over. I'm having an issue with my right foot (Morton's Neuroma??), it gets numb and

stays numb during runs. And if that wasn't enough it was cold, and conditions were

icy. Damn! I must have looked kinda goofy out there today, more than usual.

FTYC: Does your scale do the dishes too?

QOTD: Miracle whip. We own a scale, I jump on once in a while. Weight is a different

measurement than body fat, so I don't get much info from a scale. When I'm trying to get

lean I measure my waist, that seems like a better tool for me than actual weight changes.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 8 miles in on the trails this morning, it seems a lot of the deer out in those woods like to bed down near the trails that are close to the edge of the corn fields, but they've gotten used to seeing a crazy two-legged creature with a head lamp running through the woods with a dog early in the morning. Now they don't even really take off unless I get too close (within 10-15 feet of them), otherwise they just stare at me.

It looks like these trails will thaw out nicely as long as we don't get any real rain, I wish I lived in an area with more trail options because it sucks to only have one and that one be right next to the river so it floods 2-3 times a year and then stays wet, muddy or nasty for at least a month or 2. Sad But I really don't have a choice, they're the only trails open 24/7 or before 7 AM and after dark.

Does anybody else hate it when they wake up like 20 minutes before their alarm clock?

QOTD: Yes, one that supposedly tells you your BMI, body fat, blah blah blah. I don't use it too much anymore, I try to focus on my clothing and the mirror and my runs.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

NorthernHarrier

Two a day workouts for me lately. Yesterday was a good run around the hood before work and then I went skiing at a venue I drive by on the way home. Only one other headlight to be seen out there so that was nice. On the one hand this place while ok is not a pristine wilderness by any stretch and it is real close to the interstate so there was no winter silence at all but it still serves a purpose. (for Mandy-Token Creek) Think I'll do it again today as I already have the run in again.

We currently have 35mph winds and our supposed to get some snow. Not sure any will actually hit the ground with the wind but will probably end up in Michigan.

QOTD--Mayo currently as that's what's in the fridge but I like Miracle whip too.

We have a nice digital scale that I never use.  I use the belt test. Or run some uphills to reaffirm that I'm carrying too much excess poundage. Don't need the scale to confirm it.

We had a great five mile trail run this morning. Ice was the order of the day and it was quite chilly.

QOTD: Yes, and there is one that belongs to the household and one that is specifically mine.  I have my own because other folks keep calibrating the household one to match what they think is correct for their weight.  I'd rather have consistent than correct.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

8 miles on the road today.  DW has an appointment with a client so we didn't have time to drive up to the woods.  2 degrees at the start but warmed up nicely to 9 degrees when we were done.  No wind at all, so compared to the rest of my runs this week, it felt quite nice.

QOTD:  Mayo, and yes we have a scale.  My scale hates me every winter and will lie to me for months, but we seem to become friends again by the end of spring.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TripleBock

7.25 later today (Yes I am a numbers person)

QOTD:  Yes - A good one as I have an occassion to be really heavy and the accuracy of many scales goes south when the needle goes north.  I am not sure having a scale has ever helped me, I always struggle with weight.  I guess it helps when I step on and I have lost 10+ pounds from a run ... telling me I am dehydrated and low on glycogen.  But my weight can vary 10-15 pounds over a couple of days if I am training hard ~ So daily weights are pretty useless.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

TripleBock

Neihter - I have always used Fat Free ranch or Fat Free Honey Dejon (Until they stopped making it) in place of both Mayo or MIricale Whip.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

jonferg67

Endless trails

My scale hates me every winter and will lie to me for months, but we seem to become friends again by the end of spring.

Hey, I have that same model.

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  It's snowing & blowing out there which should make for either a fun or brutal run home from work this evening.  Either way, having my running shoes next to my desk gives me something to look forward to throughout the work day.

QOTD:  Yes, we do own a scale.  I check my weight every few weeks.  I don't really trust the weight at the doctor's office.  I've gone in there on wintry days in boots with a coat an have been weighed in all of that.  One time, a nurse even told me I didn't need to take my bike messenger bag off before stepping on the scale!  I also have been using our home scale to monitor the weight of our almost 4-month old son; he was 13.4 pounds this past weekend!    As for Mayo v. Miracle Whip, it seems that if you want to keep a good number on the scale, the answer is cottage cheese and/or mustard.  That's what's on my sandwich today, although I do enjoy mayo from time to time.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8 sunny miles over snow. Nice run.

Funny detail about last night's run: When I got into the car, I realized I could not find my headlamp. I looked for it everywhere, on the seats, under the seats, went around the car, but it was not there.

So when I came home, I felt a bit offended when DH did not participate in my grief when I told him, but only giggled - then he pointed out that I was still wearing the lamp on my head!

jonferg: No, we have a dishwasher for that. But I sure would appreciate it if the scale did the big pots.

QOTD2: Neither. Just mustard. Or, if it has to be, either.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

I'll do 5 after work today.

qotd: Mayo, and that's why I think our scale is broken.  It constantly weighs me 3 to 5 pounds too heavy.

tbd.