Trailer Trash

Turd Tuesday (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I dropped a turd yesterday and did not run.  Just feeling really tired and sluggish.  I figured the extra rest was in order.  Unfortunately this comes at a bad time.  I am hoping to get out tonight and have a better result.

Update on Barkley - Jared Campbell became the first three time finisher.

QOTD: What do you do for stress management?

Well the obvious is running.  Otherwise I play a stupid mindless game on the ipad/kindle to help me decompress.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Planning on heading out for 7-8 miles on the road sometime later today. Not really feeling like it but I'll probably get out. If I'm just not feeling it later and decide not to run, the trainer and elliptical will get a workout.

Jamie - The rest may be good. Don't want to go into Hyner feeling run down. Looks like they made some changes to the course. Apparently they took out a bunch of the creek crossings for the 50k .  To me that screws up a signature part of the course.

QOTD:  Nothing really.  I haven't really figured out how to manage my stress which is why I will die young.  On second thought, I do tend to discuss stressful events in rather descriptive language ( aka swearing) .  That helps some.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Terribly windy here today- gusts to 60, should make for an interesting run this evening 

qotd: exercise of any kind, but given a choice- sex 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I also blew yesterday off.  I don't know about dropping a turd since this is something I do almost everyday.    I ran around 6 this morning.  My Garmin would not connect to a satellite so I ran blind.  Gym at lunch...CORE...

QOTD:  Umm run....oh and drink.

MT:  That sounds so romantic.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jamie - The rest may be good. Don't want to go into Hyner feeling run down. Looks like they made some changes to the course. Apparently they took out a bunch of the creek crossings for the 50k .  To me that screws up a signature part of the course.

I saw that.  I was thinking the same thing.  I saw pictures of the new trail section above Johnson Run.  It appears "runnable".  Are they trying to ruin a good thing? Anyways, still looks like good trail and may help me in my goal to go sub 7 hours.  I will let you know how it is in a couple weeks.

MT - if all it took was to say to DW "Honey, I'm stressed!" 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

MT:  That sounds so romantic.

I'm a romantic at heart 

Jamie- doesn't work that great for me either

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Froze my ass off this morning on an 8 miler. 25* with strong wind and I was dressed for a 32* run, which was the forecast. Wouu;d not have even noticed it if it was January, but in April, it was cold.  Every time the wind was in my face I just thought Fuck This Shit.  I'm ready for consistent weather. Don;t care about too much about temperature, just be consistent.

QOTD:  I'm with Warden. Sex always helps, and sometimes I ask the wife to join in.  (Ok, I think Rodney Dangerfield said that, so I have to give him credit)  Woodworking and DIY projects work for me. If I'm building something, I'll go for hours without thinking about anything else. I usually have some classic rock station on in the work shop and away I go.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

Stomach still doing tricks so another rest day, hoping I can start getting back into the swing of thing tomorrow.

OOTD : running in the morning and a drink or two in the afternoon keeps me fairly civilized, well as civilized as I ever get.

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I ended up with a muddy 7 over at Monocacy Hill trails last night. Weird evening. Very grey, calm, drizzly, dark, a bit eerie on the trail for some reason. It was pleasant enough temperature wise. We did our regular 5 mile loop then wandered around a bit more for extra miles. Not sure of running plans today. I am not very good at taking days off lately but I do plan a cutback this week as I ran high mileage last week, so any run will be on the short side. Oh, who am I kidding.

QOTD: Running obviously, and 2-3 craft beers, with some mindless tv in the evening.

AT - Sex and woodworking... one could argue one in the same!  I agree with you on the weather. Make up it's mind already!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

bagge_pants

QOTD: usually try to resolve whatever is making me stress out - or go running or have sex. That's probably why make up sex is the best stress management on the planet. Imagine make up sex while running?

I'm not running this week. Probably not having sex either, I should resolve some stresses, oh yeah that, right, I'll be on a plane to warm weather in a week! BOOM.

In other news - I'll be doing the Cuyamaca 100k in October - I'm hooked! For training i'll try to follow some 5 month base program in the book The Cool Impossible that is heart monitored and just extend the long runs like crazy when I can.

NHLA

10 miles Doug Sterling & Jim Reed Trails. Hard but fun trails.

qotd  Tai Chi

Sandy-2

I slept in this morning, seemed like I just needed it.  Since I'm busy after work today it'll be a SRD.

qotd: run, sex, tv.  Not necessarily in that order....  (well.....   ok in any order.)

tbd.