Trailer Trash

Sparkling weekenddailies (Read 15 times)

Daydreamer1

Sparkling because that's the type of day it is here today.  Brisk and cool, but the sky is a nice pale blue with the occasional fluffy cloud floating around being driven by a light breeze. It would actually be a perfect day for a nice long run in the mountains but.................

I'm headed to the gym.  Gonna do some lifting for sure. Cardio will probably consist of getting acquainted with the rowing machine. May spin on the bike tonight here at home. I'm trying to avoid going to the gym and just doing cardio. I need to lift.

QOTD: Going to go with good old fallback. What are your weekend plans?

For today it's the gym then I'll head over to do some work on and around the deer stand. After that I'll haul garbage then move my pickup frame out of my garage so I can get my other vehicles in that need to be worked on.  DW said she's not cooking tonight and she's going to make me subsist on toasted cheese and tomato soup. Yum.  Tomorrow after church we'll probably go for a nice long walk and check out the new power line that the electric company is putting through behind my house. Oh yea, I'll throw some venison steak in the oven for supper then stop by my parents place for awhile.

LB2

I ran 10.5 this morning and plan to do the same tomorrow.

QOTD: I ran pretty well this morning. I have to go do a little work to prep for next weekend's gun season opener for deer. I haven't killed a deer in years, very little interest. But, my wife said she wanted some back strap, so I'll go blast one, or two. I have to put up a Christmas tree. And I need to put some ribs on.

LB2

muppy

6.4 miles last night, did 5xmile repeats.

QOTD Other than working both days and watching football I have no plans.

runtraildc

Morning all. We're having the same sparkling weather, with thankfully no wind.  I've been running all week, just not posting I guess.  I haven't run yet today, but will get out to the gym later for a short treadmill jog and some strength work.  I know, it's a perfect running day, but we spent the morning at an AS at Stone Mill. I need to warm up a bit.

qotd: see above aid station work.  Great day for that race, though it appeared that many folks missed a lap around the lake and will come in short.  And tomorrow, we're heading to the high ropes adventure course with the kiddos and friends. Another nice weather day.

Sandy-2

15 miles this morning.  It was in the upper 50's, and nice.  We're also having a nice day here.

qotd: I'll spend most of the weekend working on refinishing a bathroom.  We had a contractor come in and give us the complete make-over price, but when it came in as $23k we bagged that.  So now we're doing a combination of me doing some stuff and people installing stuff.  It's a work in progress at the moment, but the frameless glass shower looks really great!!

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 17 on the AT with a running buddy. He pushed the pace and bit and as a result he fell 2 times and I fell 3 times. Hard to see rocks and roots under the leaves. Only some minor scrapes but the most I've fallen on my home trails in a while .

Sole Challenge 24hr race is thinking about having a 48hr option. I might throw my hat in and try a new challenge. we'll see.

DC -  I ran the Seneca Creek 50k a few years ago on the same trails as Stone Mill.  A bunch of people missed the Clopper Lake loop. That's almost 5 miles short if that's the same loop they missed.

QOTD :  Painting bedroom with football on the TV. New windows are in so now paint time. DW bought a new comforter so every time that happens, that means I paint.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Going to the gym proved one thing. I. am. a. BIG. weakling . It was worse than I thought.

LB2 - Great minds were thinking alike this morning. I was going to post the same question you did. I just didn't have all my information together so I decided not to. Sounds like a good discussion for next week sometime.

Runtrail - Any experience with Rosaryville 50k over in Upper Marlboro?  I had thought about doing that one this year but decided that Tussey would be my last race for the year.

AT-runner

Tim

Runtrail - Any experience with Rosaryville 50k over in Upper Marlboro?  I had thought about doing that one this year but decided that Tussey would be my last race for the year.

I've run the loop that they use, and it's a nice trail. Not too technical as far as climbs or obstacles. The RD was at Trailfest and I talked to him for a while.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

The first runners came thru much earlier than other years, then a runner who insisted he was first was the one who clued us in.  He seemed to know the route and the possible problem. Lots more runners came later talking about getting lost or missing a trail section.  First time this seemed an issue so I don't know what is different this year.  Also fewer runners overall.  I'm interested in seeing the results when they come out.

DC -  I ran the Seneca Creek 50k a few years ago on the same trails as Stone Mill.  A bunch of people missed the Clopper Lake loop. That's almost 5 miles short if that's the same loop they missed.

DD- I've been meaning to visit the trails at Rosaryville, but I'm so used to going a couple of minutes away to several different systems, I get lazy.  As AT said and what I suspect, not very technical (or hilly).  Maybe a really nice change?  There's a race there in the spring/summer, too. I'll have to look it up

NHLA

11 miles at DuPont Forest.  Thousands of acres on fire. Had to drive 20 miles to get out of smoke. This is bad...

qotd  running and yardwork.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

10+ this morning.  It was cold.  I was under dressed - mainly my hands.  But it was otherwise an effortless run.  Then spent the day with 6 boys - it is DS1's 12th bday.  They seemed to have a good time and I am still alive so must have done something right.

DC - the problem (with SM) is the RDs change the course every year.   They are usually minor changes but changes nonetheless.  I am hoping to go back next year, since my pattern has been to run SM every odd year.  I have to keep the tradition.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Hip Redux

Four ish miles testing out the Altra Lone Peaks at a LRS demo day on the trails.   I really liked the toe box room and how they fit, but I felt everything on the trail, rocks, roots, etc.   I wonder if I'm just used to a firmer/stiffer sole or something.  

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

elk hunting for me- a brutal 15 miles on Friday, went out today for an evening hunt- about 6 miles- lots of vert both days; going to put in a long one tomorrow

the weather is cooperating at all- warm, dry and almost a full moon = poor elk hunting weather, but still beats just about anything 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran a race and wrote an RR so um read it if you want to know my run.

qotd:  more visiting relatives and eating totally unhealthy food...with healthy wine.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Going to head out for some type of walk/run combo. Getting really sore from yesterday's gym session.

NHLA - I had no clue that the wildfires were so bad down there.  I don't watch the news very much and I'm sure the election pushed this to the back burner for the news agencies, but sometimes it seems like they are much quicker to report on the western fires.