Trailer Trash

heat WAVE Wednesdaily (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Summer has fallen to the bottom of my list for seasons   just don't like the heat at all; fortunately it's cool in the morning- got a nice 5-ish in this morning- screwed up and forgot my headlamp, luckily the moon helped out

qotd: glasses? contacts? anything?  I have to use reading glasses (probably the last 6-7 years), but knock on wood my eyesight beyond reading distance is still good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I'm a loser. I woke up but did not run this morning. I will get out in the heat after work. It was like 77 here this morning and felt like a wet sauna outside. I just find it hard to get motivated to increase my chaffing issues. It is just really not fit for humans down here in the summer.

QOTD: I wear reading glasses, but my eyes are good for everything else. Back in 2010, I went through a season of chronic misses during turkey season. I think I missed five and killed one. Some said I needed glasses. I went to the doctor, and he said there was absolutely nothing wrong with my eyes that would require me to have glasses other than reading glasses.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Hot run planned over lunch. Might be coolest day of the week at 91 degrees.  Rest of week is supposed to be near 100.

Happy birthday Muppy !!!

QOTD:  Far and nearsighted. Wear contacts most of the time. I have one eye more for distance and the other for reading. Works OK for most stuff, but still need readers if light is low.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

For some reason the heat has bothered me more this year than the past two.  Several months ago someone, I think it was AT, asked what type of weather we prefer to run in. Hot or cold? I said hot so now I can't bitch too much at least not publicly .    I think it was 2013 that the heat bothered me quite a bit too but the last two years I had done better and enjoyed running in it. Now I just wish we could get some nice 70-75 degree days.

The knee isn't quite as good as I would like it to be so I'm looking at doing a 20-25 mile bike ride this afternoon before work.

QOTD:  Glasses since I was about 12 years old. Without them I'm now blind as a bat. Recently went to progressive lenses. A lot more expensive than bifocals but I don't have the patience to deal with bifocals. These are still frustrating as my peripheral vision is quite blurry. Thought about getting surgery to correct things like DW did, but she still has to deal with reading glasses.

XtremeTaper

Yeah, it's pretty hot and dry here. Even with a light dose of rain the other day the yard is best described as crusty. Still no run yet this week but I did play internet doctor and am 99% sure I have a condition called "infrapatellar bursitis". Brought on by acute trama... smacking my knee in the wrong place when crashing on the trail last weekend. Weird, as it never hurt during the run. So today's plan is planet of fitness at lunch and a dog walk (perhaps jogging intervals) this evening. Pain is about gone but it still looks like there is a good size marble below the kneecap by the tibia. It has that fluid like feel underneath.

QOTD: Nearsighted. I wear glasses (transition lenses) for all activities where I need distance vision. It skeeves me out to stick things in my eyes so no contacts here. For running, I use those strap like thingies to keep the glasses secure. Only problem is with fog during certain weather conditions or heavy rain. Close-up vision, reading/computer I am glass free.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I was going to get up and out early but stayed in bed.  I have no reason to push mileage this week and taking it easy is probably best.  Tomorrow I hope to get in something early, maybe a run with DS1 before our 5k on Saturday.

Happy B-Day Muppy!!! Hope it's a good one.

QOTD: I am near sighted.  I wore contacts for many year but moved back to glasses maybe a year and a half agao because I do a lot of computer work and the contacts were not cutting it.  Apparently when you hit 40, you are prone to some condition where the intermediate distance is affected.  That's how the eye dr. explained it.  So soon I might have to go to a progressive contact and glasses.  I still wear contacts from time to time but not usually for work.  I have thought about lasik but I just have a hard time with the thought of lasers on my eyes.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Attempted 4 miles this morning and it was not pretty.  I tam supposed to ease back into activity, but now I think my doctor meant more like 'run a slow, easy mile'.  Might be time to go to a podiatrist/runner for a second opinion, especially since it appears I'll have to have the bone spur removed. Oh well, we have another heat wave coming on so at least for the next 5-7 days, I shouldn't be too tempted to go out for a run.  I'll stick with the gym and bore myself on the treadmill.

Happy Birthday Muppy!

qotd:  Contacts for nearsightedness.  And probably soon to have reading glasses (just another thing that has gone downhill these past couple of months).

Daydreamer1

Anyone ever use the Kafka Kool Ties?  Just got two in the mail that I ordered on a whim over the weekend.  Going to be trying them out thiw weekend.

LB2

Anyone ever use the Kafka Kool Ties?  Just got two in the mail that I ordered on a whim over the weekend.  Going to be trying them out thiw weekend.

I've used some that were similar. They were Kafkaesque.

LB2

LB2

But seriously, no. I have not used those. I did make an ice bandanna, which works pretty well. I will likely use it later today.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 8 this morning with the mutts and I SAW A BEAR!!!!!!  So excited.  I heard a noise and it was something walking versus a deer jumping.  So I decided to head in there a bit.  He walked further away.  I couldn't see anything and began to think it was a coyote.  What the hell I walked a little further and there he was.  He was standing on his back legs behind a tree and was looking around the tree at me.  I told him he was so precious.

The other good news is my 2016 2016 team beat the number one team this week. 

My mornings runs are at the perfect temperature.

QOTD: Reading glasses and it just keep s getting worse.  I sometime put them on to see my food while I eat. 

Happy Birthday Mupppy!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Thanks everyone! I bought myself a house for my Birthday so I've been ripping out carpet and painting all day.

12.8  Miles on the horseshoe Trail  yesterday.

I'm not sure which is worse, cooler in the morning but so humid your soaked in sweat  or just hot in the afternoon?

QOTD No glasses for me.  I'm the only one in my family that doesn't wear glasses, both my son and father got  glasses when they were two years old .

AT-runner

Tim

Dd-  Ice bandanna worked wonders for me in my last race.

Had to bag my run at lunch. Microsoft decided to upgrade my computer to Windows 10 even though I repeatedly said NO.  My EHR software company said not to upgrade yet, but looks like Microsoft had other plans for my computer.  So, I stayed in a lunch to get caught up and to review the MRI's that I couldn't look at this morning. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I plan to do 6 mi after work today.  It'll be warm and humid here, but not nearly as bad as back in TX.

qotd: near sighted. I wear glasses while running, driving, TV, etc.  My vision isn't really too bad and I can get by running without them, but I definitely prefer running with them.  I wear ultra light frames with feather light lenses, I can barely feel them.  With my relatively weak prescription I usually have to insist/confirm I want the feather light lenses because the optical folks try to convince me to save money and get regular (slightly heavier) lenses.

tbd.