Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 32 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

I just got back from an early 6 mile mountain run. It felt strong and speedy this morning. Almost no signs of fatigue from my race last weekend.

QOTD: What are you guys doing (if anything) to protect your nipples during long runs and races?

I've been using small, round bandaids designed for blisters and warts. They work really well but I've forgot them on my last two races and was reminded why they're so important.

runtraildc

Morning!  Yesterday ended up being a URD due to some knee pain that I've had for a couple of days.  Started out on a short, planned run, and decided I was being stupid and stubborn, so I turned it into a brisk walk.  Feels much better this morning.

Harrier-- where are you these days?  did you up and quit on us?

qotd:  doesn't apply.  I'd come up with a qotd for us ladies, but you guys would get too much voyeuristic pleasure from it, so I'll refrain.

have a great day!

It was another beautiful morning for an early morning 5 mile trail run.

QOTD:  I've used different approaches to that including careful clothing selection, body glide, bandaids, or petroleum jelly.  Lately my runs have been short enough to not worry about it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

I spent the last 5 days in Chicago with no running so I felt really sore and stiff this morning on my way out the door for 6. It took 3 just to loosen up and feel normal. Sometimes days off are harder than running.

QOTD: My nipples are always getting chaffed and sore, now I just use a square of duct tape, problem solved. The only down side to duct tape is removal. Grab both squares at the same time and pull them off as fast as you can, it only hurts for a couple of seconds.

dpc3

4 with the devil dog in the early am and will potentially play an indoor soccer game tonight so some bonus speed work for an old man.

QOTD: If I wear my race vest I don't have a problem if I'm swinging in the breeze so to speak I'll use body glide.

AT-runner

Tim

URD for me.  I was finishing up the fence I installed for DW's garden and I stepped on a nail with my right foot.  Went in pretty deep, right at the ball of the foot.  Foot swelled over night, and can't even walk on it.  Saw a colleague for a tetanus booster and have stand by prescription for antibiotics if the thing decides to turn hot or red.  

QOTD:  Decades of cycling and running have made me immune to this problem (plus, body glide helps). The cycling jerseys in the 80's were like sand paper compared to the microfibers of today.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 6 late last night. I've decided this is the week I'm going to bump up and hit the big 40 (miles, that is).

mta: AT, I feel your pain! I did the same thing last October putting up a fence. In hindsight, the tetanus shot hurt more than the nail.

QOTD: Body Glide. I have noticed that as I lose weight and my shirts get a little looser that it's not as effective. I may be trying band aids here in the near future.

Low_O2

Good morning all!

Got out for 4.5 miles in the desert with the dog this morning. It was a nice morning, watching the city lights fade and sun climbing up behind the mountains made for an enjoyable cruise. Tried out my new pair of shoes as well. A pair of Salomon Sense Mantra 2s that I won in my last race. Felt a little weird on the street but felt pretty good once I hit the dirt. I'm not in love with them, but nice to try out something new especially when they're free.

QOTD: I usually don't have any issues. Only got chaffed once and used a couple squares of duct tape for the race following that experience just in case. May need to think about breaking out the tape again for my 50 miler...

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks.

I practiced some time management this morning and got out to the trails for a nice

6 miles.

AT: Damn, that sucks. Sure hope it doesn't interfere with your race plans.

QOTD: This wasn't an issue all winter. Last weekend, when it got warm enough on my LR to

sweat more I felt the familiar burning later while in the shower. The next day I used those small

band-aids. Now, I put 2 band-aids next to my Garmin so I'll remember.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will head to the hills for ~ 5 miles, my quads are still very sore from my descent off of Mount Jumbo- ouch!  I called the folks that organize the Don't Fence Me In race and they allowed to drop to the 12k, 30k just wasn't going to happen.  My daughter is coming out for a visit and I signed her up for the 12k several months ago- so we'll run it together which should be fun Smile

qotd: Luekotape, I've used it for years for blisters, turns out it works great for taping the nipples as well- it is a wee uncomfy taking the tape off, but it gives my wife something to laugh at Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I had a really nice 7 miler through the woods this morning. I think it was a little more than 7, but I'll call it 7 in 63 minutes. It felt easy, and not too long ago, that would have been a tough pace to keep on that trail. Maybe I am making progress.

QOTD: At a Tough Mudder race a few weeks ago, I cut my nipples off at the start line and ate them to show the other Mudders how tough I was. So, I no longer have to worry about that. Ok. I use band aids. I was actually thinking about how important little things like that are in long, and not so long, races. You run into enough problems along the way without bleeding nipples or chaffing in other areas.

LB2

dpc3

But did you chant while cannibalizing your nipples LB?

Sandy-2

Plan to do 5 or 6 after work today.  Nothing special.

qotd: I usually use Bodyglide, but it hasn't been working that well lately.  I've never used tape before, but I'm thinking on giving it a try.  My DH has some hot pink Duct Tape so I'll put that on, it will enhance the visual if I do the last few miles w/o a shirt.

tbd.

LB2

But did you chant while cannibalizing your nipples LB?

I was taught never to talk with my mouth full. Smile

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD ....going to see if I can get a new toenail at the salon

qotd:  is it wrong to say this thread is getting me horny?I still don't understand why u guys don't just wear a jog bra!!

Sandy2. Your DH? I didn't realized you rolled that way.  Or does it mean daughters horse?

LB2:  I cringed.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄