Trailer Trash

September...."just don't F things up" Challenge (Read 36 times)

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I guess I'm in.

For September here's my suggestion:

1.) Run consistently - doesn't matter the mileage

Working on it. 

2.) Get a picture of wildlife on a run (and share it)

Mohave Rattler near Sedona

3.) Get a picture of a good vista on a run (and share it)

Devils Bridge near Sedona on Saturday

4.) Run with a buddy or someone new (at least once)

From this morning's 18 miler

5.) Get in at least one Long Run (whatever distance that means for you)

18 Miles this morning with about 4000 feet of climbing. 

6.) Trip/fall less than 3 times during the month

7.) Try a new route or trail

Besides the Devil's Bridge trail we also went caving near Flagstaff in a Lava Chute.  Lots of fun. 

8.) Try a new food (ok not running related but still fun)

9.) Consider what races/adventures you might want for 2017

Rim to Rim to Rim April 2017.  

10.) and most important...don't F things up by getting injured!!!!!

You people have issues 

AT-runner

Tim

FSocks, DW and I will be in Sedona for 2 days 10/10 -10/11 before we go to GC and then Trailfest  in Kanab. Hope we don't see any rattlers.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

For September here's my suggestion:

1.) Run consistently - doesn't matter the mileage

2.) Get a picture of wildlife on a run (and share it)

3.) Get a picture of a good vista on a run (and share it)

4.) Run with a buddy or someone new (at least once) Ran with the group on Sunday and there was one new guy that I never ran with.  Jordan, the guy behind the green guy..looking at the picture I never ran with the lady on the end.

5.) Get in at least one Long Run (whatever distance that means for you) Ran 18 miles 09/04.

6.) Trip/fall less than 3 times during the month

7.) Try a new route or trail

8.) Try a new food (ok not running related but still fun)

9.) Consider what races/adventures you might want for 2017I set my Calendar to register for lottery  Nut 100K and Gorge Waterfalls 100K

10.) and most important...don't F things up by getting injured!!!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

FSocks, DW and I will be in Sedona for 2 days 10/10 -10/11 before we go to GC and then Trailfest  in Kanab. Hope we don't see any rattlers.

In the thousands of miles I've put on the trails I've probably seen a grand total of 6 rattlers but many more non-venomous snakes.  Of those 6, 1 has been near Sedona and another in the Grand Canyon.    But, both were totally chilling along and not aggressive or ready to strike.

You people have issues 

AT-runner

Tim

In the thousands of miles I've put on the trails I've probably seen a grand total of 6 rattlers but many more non-venomous snakes.  Of those 6, 1 has been near Sedona and another in the Grand Canyon.    But, both were totally chilling along and not aggressive or ready to strike.

I see at least 1 Timber Rattler every 2 weeks. Almost stepped on one a few weeks back, and still not sure how I stayed in the air long enough to just get my right foot over it. He was not a happy guy.

Any restaurant ideas around Sedona would be appreciated.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

1.) Run consistently - doesn't matter the mileage  --   In progress

2.) Get a picture of wildlife on a run (and share it) --  saw a small rattler the other day but missed the photo op

3.) Get a picture of a good vista on a run (and share it)  --- Done. Pictures from Oregon are coming

4.) Run with a buddy or someone new (at least once) --- Done

5.) Get in at least one Long Run (whatever distance that means for you) - Done, 4+ hours this past Sunday

6.) Trip/fall less than 3 times during the month - Not possible for me.

7.) Try a new route or trail - Done. Bunch of new trails in Oregon

8.) Try a new food (ok not running related but still fun) - Done... I had lemon ricotta pancakes the other day.

9.) Consider what races/adventures you might want for 2017 - Depends on lottery for WS for races.

10.) and most important...don't F things up by getting injured!!!!! - Yes, that would be good.

I think I have done well for the month so far.

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6d729b3127cceed456c6880f300000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020160908211957015.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Sweet picture XT.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I see at least 1 Timber Rattler every 2 weeks. Almost stepped on one a few weeks back, and still not sure how I stayed in the air long enough to just get my right foot over it. He was not a happy guy.

Any restaurant ideas around Sedona would be appreciated.

Lots of good restaurants but, Sedona being a tourist town, everything seems to be on the pricey end.  We ate at the 89 Agave and the street tacos were good but not $18 good for 3 small tacos.

You people have issues 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

XT wins and we're not even 1/3 of the way through the month. 

I ate Blueberry Pie Oreos.  That's the best I can do right now.  LOL.

Running is dumb.

NHLA

john's rock

NHLA

New trails. Cat Gap, John's Rock, and Butler Gap.

Long run  1 hr 33 min yesterday and 1 hr 56 min today.

Fell one time. That is one rooty trail.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

clicked a few off today nice long run up to Stuart Peak, 119.7 miles with 4700' of gain

2- blue grouse

vista looking into the heart of the Rattlesnake Wilderness

my buddy Randy and his buddy Todd, ran about half way up with me (5-ish miles) and then turned back

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got the try new trail checked off; took me three tries, but was able to connect two trails I use with a faint  connector trail I found

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I got to fulfill a longtime dream of min, running the Grand Canyon via full moonlight.  My good friend V, who has logged over 700 miles backpacking the Canyon, was the host.  He had never actually ran in the Canyon and tended to stay away from the corridor trails but he is a very good trail runner and I certainly can't keep up with him.  We started down at 1:15AM and words cannot express how absolutely gorgeous it is via full moon.  Many times we ran with no light except from the moon.

V also had some knowledge of the Upper Ribbon Falls and Upper Upper Ribbon Falls (real unique naming convention there guys) areas.  Originally he was planning a Rim to Rim to Rim and I was going to chillax and take it easy at Ribbon Falls.  He decided to stay with me and we'd investigate these new U & UU Ribbon Falls areas.  The trail to get to these areas was mildly challenging due to it be fairly steep and scree but the payoff was worth it.

We had made the decision at the start to park the car near South Kaibob trail head (there is no parking at the trail head itself).  This meant a kick-my-ass ascent back up SK during the middle of the day.  Seven miles climbing 5000 feet.  Fortunately the weather wasn't too bad and managed a speedy ascent in 3 hours exactly (well actually V finished about 3 minutes before me).  This beat my previous time going up SK by over an hour.

12 hours, 33 Miles, and ~14500 feet of elevation change later we finished.  We even found a great burger joint in Flagstaff.  The days simply could not have been better.  I even mailed myself a post card from Phantom Ranch that is hauled by mule.

You people have issues 

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

XT wins and we're not even 1/3 of the way through the month. 

I ate Blueberry Pie Oreos.  That's the best I can do right now.  LOL.

Shows not ever yet; I may have more tricks up my sleeve.  

You people have issues