Trailer Trash

the Weekender (Read 25 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good luck Sue!  anyone else racing this weekend?

got up early to beat the heat and got a really nice 16-ish mile run in on Helena Ridge

also signed up for the Elkhorn 50k- it was the last spot, talk about procrastinating! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

One more week Warden.... chores today and maybe 9 tomorrow.  Than it's taper  can you taper after a lacksdaisy training program!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

We did 3 3/4 hours this morning. Not sure of distance since we both left our watches charging at home.  Should have been 18+ miles with a lot of rolling hills and one steady runnable climb.  Nice weather and had a constant cool breeze.  Very sunny, so we both were tripping on rocks and roots that were hiding in the shadows.

Changed my Sig Line to show what's coming up.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Than it's taper  can you taper after a lacksdaisy training program!

Absolutely!!!

Did 15 this morning.  Started out ok, then I wilted.  But still managed the planned mileage.  It’s the mental training that really counts. 

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

One more week Warden.... chores today and maybe 9 tomorrow.  Than it's taper  can you taper after a lacksdaisy training program!

whoops- jumped the gun Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Changed my Sig Line to show what's coming up.  

mine is updated now too 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

You all had great runs! Warden, I'm pretty sure you must be an angel because every photo you post looks like heaven in all seasons.

I overslept my run...I was going to meet up with a group to run a new trail. I don't think I tried very hard...running with people usually ends up being stressful. Even when I know those I run with...much more stress when it is someone new.

I have a confession...I have been unable to master my Eliptigo. I just can't seem to balance and I am very fearful of falling. This is disconcerting. I sought professional help at the dealership, but she was unable to help me master it. Just another example of me ASSuming. I will list it on FB and continue to try to master it.

I'll run a short one tonight..a long tomorrow. I am going to try and run 18 tomorrow. The weather here is gorgeous and intoxicating.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Big News:  The documentary “All the Wild Horses” on the Mongol Derby is out!!!! My DD Devan is in the documentary so you can see her adventures. She is doing the Derby again in August, fingers crossed.

I will I’ll say that there are a lot of very cringe-worthy parts to watch, especially as a parent.  But you do get a little hint on her drive...  ha ha.

It’s available on Amazon Video and HULU!

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That's cool Sandy... I have a friend prime and loves horses so maybe we can watch it together.  She always works at Teva's and remembered your daughter after she rode it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I ran a 3.25 mile loop or so this morning, probably only 3 but whatever. Looking at 5 miles tomorrow. Best week of running I have had in quite some time.

QOTD: No race this weekend for me.

LB2

LB2

I ran a 3.25 mile loop or so this morning, probably only 3 but whatever. Looking at 5 miles tomorrow. Best week of running I have had in quite some time.

QOTD: No race this weekend for me.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - we'll add that to our list.  Can't wait to see it.

DW and I ran hilly 9 miles today.  Wanted to do a hill run, and it dd not disappoint.  Hands on the knees kind of stuff.  Good training, and was good weather for it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

19.5 on the hilly roads around here. Up and out early to get ahead of the tourons. I think an afternoon nap may be in my future.

Nice new sig lines, gentlemen. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny Elvis and I hiked 4 miles this morning- went to our "secret meadow", a little meadow we found some time ago following a faint game trail

lots of wildflowers- lupine, arnica, sticky geranium, hare bells, buttercups and more

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sandy - Added to my watch list after I get caught up with Le Tour.  I will recommend to my oldest sister who is a lifelong horseman.

warden - Beautiful pics!  Careful though, I might call you buttercup ;-)

moonlight - The eliptical is telling you to get outside!

AT - Nice miles!

XT - If I try naked snorkeling, will it help me catch a fish?

Rocky - This will be our 4th time at St Martin.  We've been all over the island.  They are still recovering from the storms, so a part of me is glad to help bring the economy back, even if not as prestine.  Lobster Thermador is dinner #1 !

Gatsby - That Brasil - Belgium match on Friday was crazy!

I got 20+ on trail this morning, but my legs gave out the last few miles.  I blame the hard yard work in the sun the day before.  That's my excuse anyway :-)

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours