Trailer Trash

Ladybug Wednesdaily (Read 27 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I'm sure Marie's entomologist father would correct me to call them "Ladybirds" (as the rest of the world calls them).  Pulled another dozen out of the car yesterday after we got swarmed at the trail head. That makes so far 34 inside my car.  Pretty wild act of nature.

Skipping the Beer Runners tonight and running at lunch. Battlefield trails hopefully.

Enjoy the warm weather (if you have it) or the snow (if you have that).

QOTD:  What precautions do you take as hunting season is approaching?  Stay away, orange clothes, or other.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Hey, I think it is Wednesday, but I'm no brain surgeon... I ran two this morning. I have a really weird thing going on that I should probably keep to myself, but since we are all friends.... I have a freakin' yeast infection caused by an antibiotic I was taking. I'm really giving my old buddy Kelly an awful lot of ammunition to give me Hell in a week or so. But, I give enough people a hard time that I feel like I need to give something back from time to time.

QOTD: I don't do much. I wear orange.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Hey, I think it is Wednesday, but I'm no brain surgeon...

Haha. Fixed it.

I've been to 3 funerals since Friday, so I have no idea what day it is.

Occasional Runner

It's SNOWING at my house this morning. We're about 2000' above Salt Lake, so winter gets here a bit earlier. I ran on the trail with my pups. I forgot how annoying it is to run in the dark when snow is falling. The headlamp is almost useless.

QOTD: I make so much noise that the hunters usually leave my area. I've even been yelled at a couple of times...but whatever.

NHLA

6 miles around the mt. Still raining.

qotd  I stay off trails where hunting is allowed. Orange hat.

AT-runner

Tim

I forgot how annoying it is to run in the dark when snow is falling. The headlamp is almost useless.

It always makes me feel like I'm jumping into hyperspace in a Star Wars movie.

QOTD:  We have no hunting on Sunday's in PA, and the AT has a no hunting buffer around it. so I stick to the AT and even then wear orange. I stay off the other trails since I figure I got them for the rest of the year.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7 this morning.  Queen - I'm gaining!

So I have a guy coming today to do some work sealing up a bedroom we have above our garage. That should help a lot as the floor was very cold last winter.  Anyways, last night I had to get up in this attic area above the garage where he will be working to clear it out. I never looked up there when we moved in last year and never imagined there would be junk, stuff,  treasure up there.  Not sure I struck gold but did find a whole bunch of old glass bottles.  I am trying to identify them to see if they are worth anything. And then I found two old lightning guider rail sleds.  In good condition they are worth a little but these are hardly in good condition. DW likes the one and wants to use it as "decoration".  I was really looking for a stash of cash but no dice.  Oh well.

LB2 - you're right - TMI.

QOTD: I don't run in state game lands during the weeks of buck season.  The rest of hunting season I wear orange.  I often run the AT, whereas as AT stated, there is a buffer zone (or supposed to be).  And Sundays in PA are good to go!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I've never met a dude with a yeast infection before.  Uh, congrats LB!  (Can we joke about you having a vagina now?)

I rode 36 miles on my bike last night.  Going to run this afternoon.  I'd like to get in around 8-10 miles if the body feels okay.

QOTD: I stay off the trails during the week where the idiots can hunt with their guns and drink cases of Bud Light.  Otherwise I just wear orange and mostly have pleasant conversations with hunters I run into.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Got in another light day yesterday.  3 miles on the streets.  But it was a lovely evening and perfect running temps (50s).

Jamie-- your story reminds me of us having to tear out the attic floorboards for insulation work.  We found an envelope of old black and white photos of WWII devastated Europe.  One of the previous owners was an army dentist.

qotd:  Not much since my trails are off limits to hunting, though I do have to worry about getting trampled by herds of does being chased by bucks.

LB2

I've never met a dude with a yeast infection before.  Uh, congrats LB!  (Can we joke about you having a vagina now?)

Yes. This is just karma paying me back for all the times I have made smart ass remarks telling women to grow a pair of balls. I can take it, and maybe this itching will go away sooner if I am a good sport.

LB2

muppy

15.3 miles around blue marsh lake last night, this daylight savings and getting dark at 5:30 sucks!

QOTD I  ran into three hunters at blue marsh last night. the first two were wearing bright orange and very friendly , the third one had a crossbow and no orange on and  kind of creeped me out . I always try to wear bright orange or yellow when I'm running and I stay out of the woods  drawing the Deer rifle season.  I don't mind because they're hunting licenses are paying for most of the state game lands I run on.

AT-runner

Tim

I've never met a dude with a yeast infection before.  Uh, congrats LB!  

LB2

Well done, AT.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Wasting a positively great day at work . Should have called off.  Since it's only twelve hours I may be able to get in a run later tonight. Probably only 5-6 miles.

QOTD: Stay off trails in prime hunting areas. During archery season I'll run during the middle of the day and wear orange.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I haven't been running much the last two weeks but need to get back to it . I brought my gear to work thinking I might run at lunch , I will for sure when I get home . We had some snow the last couple days , it didn't stick down here . I took this picture from the trail up Relay Peak on Saturday , the ski resort nearby is opening today . Lake Tahoe