Trailer Trash

This is the Thursdaily (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got 4 miles in with Tiny E before sunup- a little smokey, but the temps were in the low 50's- might have felt a little shiver 

qotd: do you belong to any organizations?  I belong to the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers (BHA)- they are advocates for public access, wildlife issues, etc- good group and very active in the political arena.  They recently have organized a big push directed at the Secretary of the Interior (our former House Rep- Zinke) to insure that the review of National Monuments ordered by Trump don't get reversed

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I got up to rain that only got worse. I drank coffee and read. There should be a break this evening, so I will try to get out for 7 after work. The big piece of property next to me and across the road went up for sale yesterday. I think it is around 140 acres, so it isn't huge, but I just hope whoever buys it does so for a timber investment and not some sort of residential development. But then again, if they do develop it, I may be able to sell for a profit and move to a more remote area.

QOTD: I am a member of QDMA (Quality Deer Management Association), and I am normally a member of the NWTF (National Wild Turkey Federation). However, I didn't go to a banquet this year, so I have not renewed my membership. I may go to one in the spring.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Rain here too, though not heavy yet. Supposed to get real intense later. I'll watch radar and try to get out to the Arb for some tempo. At least this weather front will be ushering in some nice cool temps. I guess we had some some really bad storms around here while I was on my canoe trip according to DW. Went out to the trails at Blue Mounds yesterday and it was a complete mess with downed trees all over. Since I had already driven out there I did the best I could with the debris but after 6.3 miles I had just had enough of climbing thru or around all the timber. Sure would be a ton of awesome firewood if they would let you get it.

QOTD-I have belonged to a few conservation type organizations over the years but nothing currently.

muppy

Mtwarden, low 50's is a perfect temp!

8.3 miles on the state game land trails yesterday. I twisted my ankle on a rock, after some cursing and limping it was better so I finished my run  and didn't even notice it for the rest of the day. Then last night  it was very sore and this morning it was a bit better, so hopefully it's not too bad.

QOTD  I belong to various organizations but nothing too serious.  I pay my dues at the local Sportsmens club so we can go shoot there and I help out with the local rail trail.

Daydreamer1

Heading north west on the Ohio pike with DW driving.  construction everywhere.

LB2- Years ago the good advice was go west young man. Now it's buy that land young man!!!!! That's your retirement plan.

QOTD: At this time it's just the NRA. I was a member of the Nature Conservancy since it seemed like they try to work woth everyone but o forgot to renew.  I'll look at them again to make sure their agenda hasn't changed then I'll renew if it's still the same. Over the years I've been a part of several organizations that changed.  oh yea, almost forgot I'm a life member of North american hunters. Dropped Rails to Trails after they ripped me off three times in a row with merchandise I ordered.

XtremeTaper

Plan is for 3-4 miles trail wog after work with the Lady. Wog equals walk+jog.

QOTD: I am not very organized, so no. Was a member of USGA many moons ago and volunteered once at Senior US Open. Scoreboard captain. They still use the old fashioned signs, at least back then.

Sandy - Just wanted to mention I missed you as well. Big grin  Thanks for the photos. Sort of gave me the willies.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

LB2- Years ago the good advice was go west young man. Now it's buy that land young man!!!!! That's your retirement plan.

I am in no position to buy that land right now. I am hoping my neighbor will buy it. Had my brother in law not died last year, he planned on buying it when it came up for sale. He made a lot of money flipping burgers.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Woke up late because I was up watching the Cross Fit Games. It sucks you in, like the Jerry Lewis Telethon. I felt so sorry for those kids that I bought a 3 year membership for the price of 2 years. Now little Courtney will finally have her dream. 

Actually up early, and ran for an hour on the trails.  I had to keep reminding myself not to push it to test out the knee. That must be a good thing since knee wasn't acting up.  In the end, I listened and didn't push it, but was tempted.

Sandy - were you gone?   Was wondering how he horses did after their reroute with the fire. Nice pictures.

LB - maybe a Planet Fitness, or better yet, a Cross Fit gym will open up across the street. If it was our area, it would be a "Dollar General". 3 popped up almost over night within 15 miles of my house.

QOTD:  AARP.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and the dogs went out and ran 5...it's muggy???  weird... had time for 6 but decided 5 was good as my hamstrings are still sore from this shoveling pushing bark.  Runs have consisted with lot's of stops to eat blackberries...How are the blackberries in your neck of the woods?  My are small but still sweet.  I guess no water effects the size.

QOTD:  No...is a trailer trash forum an organization?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

.They are currently invading our town and even want to put one in a neighbor hood????  Folks around here don't like that kind of thing.

LB - maybe a Planet Fitness, or better yet, a Cross Fit gym will open up across the street. If it was our area, it would be a "Dollar General". 3 popped up almost over night within 15 miles of my house.

LB2

The "street" is a gravel road, but it seems like they will put a Dollar General anywhere these days. They do have frontage on a main highway, though. Hopefully, we won't get a Cult-Fit gym. My biggest concern is that some jerk gets it and raises a fuss about my trail through the woods, which was well established long before I showed up. I hope my neighbor down at the end of the road buys it. They have been sort of halfway looking after the place for years now.

LB2

LB2

We are a disorganization.

Are you running that 50K this weekend, Sue?

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Umm yea sure I am running a 50K this weekend. 

We are a disorganization.

Are you running that 50K this weekend, Sue?

AT-runner

Tim

Umm yea sure I am running a 50K this weekend. 

This is just a 50K training run for your next 50K training run, right?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

yes and wanted to remind you you were late with your dues- I sent a message where you can send the money

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √