Trailer Trash

Morning Monday (Read 18 times)

LB2

SRD. Today is the first day of the week where I will actually try to take my rest days as prescribed. So, I l'll be on a 7, 9, 7 (T,W,Th) and a long run measured in hours on Saturday and a short recovery run on Sunday. So, I guess it would be (R, 7, 9, 7, R, Hours, 5). I will probably through in a couple of back to back long runs, but those things kill me. I think I have built up a pretty solid base of fitness to extend these long runs out to where they need to be over the next 3 month leading up to Pinhoti. I just want to stay healthy.

QOTD: Mileage/Time for July?

161 miles/30 hours, 33 minutes, and 20 seconds.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Did a 6 mile trail effort yesterday in the morn and then after DW headed back to Madison I went over to the nearby mt. bike trail system and put in an hour on the bike. Had to ease back into it as with all the travelling about my biking legs have left me. The deer flies here are of biblical proportions. OMG! Going to brave the flies and go mt. biking again this morning and then head home. Sounds like I'll also get some cross training at home as DW says the lawn is knee deep. Wonderful!

No training per se here and I like it. At least from a race focus. I did however lay out a schedule for myself for the next 11 days so I wouldn't overdo anything as I am heading to Wyoming and Montana on Fri of next week for some epic mountain runs. Camping out of the car and I'll take one of my bigger tents and throw a cot in there for some real cushy living. 

QOTD--No idea as I am up at my shack and the data is at home. Couple bigger weeks and then a stretch of no running while in Canada. Probably a hundred or so.

runtraildc

yesterday was a drive day and I'm now in NH for the week. Little DS and his friend started an XC camp this morning and I'm hanging out with my 6 yo niece and nephew. One runs enthisiastically. The other ardently believes 'running is horrid' so I'm not sure I will get s run in today. Maybe a hike to include the dogs.

qotd- not sure as my data is not easily accessed from my phone. Maybe just shy of 80?

LB2

The deer flies here are of biblical proportions. OMG! Going to brave the flies and go mt. biking again this morning and then head home.

They left here a month ago along with the horseflies for the most part. I know they are still around, but for some reason, they stop swarming after me sometime in late June. But they did show up a little late this year and hung around a little later, too. I'm glad they are gone; they torment me for a good 4 to 6 weeks every summer.

LB2

XtremeTaper

No run today. I will get over to the planet of fitness for weights, nonsense, and people watching (but no judging!).

Walked a few miles yesterday with the missus around Longwood Gardens, then played a round of golf late afternoon. Went back to my old Hawkeye driver 9 degree loft, firm shaft. I hit it so much more solid than the new fangled one I bought on amazon last year. Picture postcard summer day here yesterday. Blue skies, warm but not hot temps, low humidity.

QOTD: 81. Ironically 2 of my fastest runs of the year in terms of pace. A 7 mile training run and a 15k trail race. Meloxicam, anti-inflammatory works wonders on me. It's amazing how much better I can run when my knee doesn't ache.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

Rest day.

They found the body last night of the man who was kidnapped last week. Now they can add murder to the criminal charges.

They have arrested four people so far for helping him try to escape.

Qotd  157 miles.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD.  Knee had mild ache but nothing sharp.

LB-  +1 on the B2B's.  I do better with something like a 24/16 than running B2B 20's.

NH - our flies have not been bad this year, but by saying that I probably just jinxed it for tomorrow's run.

DC (and Jamie) - enjoy your vacations.

XT - I loved the Hawkeye drivers and woods. I still use a 7 wood that I can't seem to put away since it never seems to fail me.

NHLA - are any of your woods still a "crime scene"?

QOTD:  214 for July 2016.  Was that the question? Oh, you mean July 2017, that's 16 miles (maybe I beat Mandy).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Interesting weekend at work. The county wide paging system went down on Saturday for fire, police and EMS. Took awhile for them to figure out that it affected the county to the south of us as well and also several counties in Maryland and some other southern states.  Some type of problem that has to do with a satellite that may or may not be operated by the Coast Guard. So it involves the  federal guberment therefore there is nothing to fear because help is on the way...........................................well maybe by late Tuesday or Wednesday at the best .   At least the radios still work and the old system is partially intact yet.

Planning on about 5-6 miles at a slow pace. While everyone's knee problems seem to be healing my herniated disks are acting up and it's rather painful below the left knee when I run.  Still, the best thing I can do when my back is out of wack is to walk or run.

LB2 - I think I'll have to wait until I'm retired to have a structured plan like that.

NH - I think you just come out of the woods to post here just to make me jealous . But that's OK, keep posting, it inspires me to save more for an early retirement .

DC - Sounds like you need to start brain washing and indoctrinating that kiddo. (Maybe try some bribery) The earlier you start the better.

XT and AT -  Let me tell you how good I am at golf. I replaced a broken window once that came about as I was trying to show DS how to drive it really far . Let's just say that I can put a good slice on a croquet ball .

NHLA -  Sad that he had to pick on someone innocent.

QOTD: Might get in 126 miles of running and 134 miles on the bike. Pretty pathetic considering that 39 of those miles came on one run.

muppy

5.4  Miles of gently rolling trails.

QOTD 106.5  about half of what I'd like to be but a whole lot better than nothing!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 19 miles yesterday and it was hard.   what the hell...really thinking about quitting these long runs but than I've said that before and continue to go back.  Just plan stupid I guess.  No run this morning.  The husband even said last night, don't run the dogs in the morning they are too tired..they have been sleeping all day.  Maybe it's the heat.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD: 126.4..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

Rest day today. I had a good weekend of running. Still breaking in a new

pair of shoes, with a higher stack height than I'm used to. I rolled my ankle

twice on Saturday, not all the way but still sore the next day.

QOTD: I'm not consistently tracking miles or time, but I'm sure its loooowwww.

I have confidence that our fully functioning government will get it figured out and fixed. They

are currently operating like a well-oiled machine, with outstanding leadership!

So it involves the  federal guberment therefore there is nothing to fear because help is on the way...........................................well maybe by late Tuesday or Wednesday at the best .  

Daydreamer1

I have confidence that our fully functioning government will get it figured out and fixed. They

are currently operating like a well-oiled machine, with outstanding leadership!

Well in full fairness I must point out that the system was conceived, possibly mandated, and then implemented when Shrub and O'Barry were overseeing things. And I blame the vendor for the problems as much as the government for the problems getting it fixed.  The government specs it out, the vendor bids it, then cuts corners on installation and doesn't bother to keep any technicians available to fix it when it fails. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

little tenderness on my left inner thigh from yesterday's run, will stay off it today and hit the weights at the gym this evening

qotd: 116 running, 70-ish hiking- good month

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Planning to run around 4 when I get home.

Do not envy anyone dealing with deer flies of biblical proportions!

184 for the month, excluding whatever I do later.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5 yesterday on the beach.  Another 5 today.  Both at sunrise.  I am in heaven.  Except I have a blister on my little toe that burst this morning.  And it stings when sand gets in there.   Otherwise having a great time!

QOTD: I hit 100 miles.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday