Trailer Trash

Epic Journey Friday (Read 26 times)

LB2

Epic Journey Friday is in honor of mtwarden's Memorial Day weekend trek.

I'll get in about 5 after work.

QOTD: List three things that you believe you are good at, running related.

1. Land Navigation

2. Climbing

3. Technical descents

LB2

XtremeTaper

Have fun Warden... now if we could that MMT report from Couch.

Cool spell here. Almost felt cold when I started my run last night but very comfortable after a few miles. Funny how mid 50's feels cold now. Anyway, the Lady and I ran the Green Lane Lake Loopie last night. About 12 miles I suppose with the route we took around the lake. Pretty decent time but some day I should try to race this route. Seems it would be doable under 2 hours (2:08 last night at regular pace). A short 6-7 miles planned today and the last long run of the cycle tomorrow. It's a tossup between Blue Marsh and French Creek. Blue Marsh means I could get 30 miles in, French Creek I probably could to but usually run by time there. The terrain at French Creek is more similar to LH. Decisions decisions,

QOTD:

1. Pacing

2. Eating (fueling, my aid station prowess is legendary)

3. Mental

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

I want wardens's life.  He gets all the fun!

Hey, where is NH?  He's been MIA for a bit, is he travelling?

Last SRD today.  Race is 20 minutes from my house so we'll head up tonight and stake out our area and talk to some runners.  The guy who won the last 2 years is having foot issues and will DNS.  I told him he was a wimp.   One of our good friends was trying to qualify for the woman's national team.  They just upped their requirement to 125 miles from 120 and that will be a real stretch.  I have no mileage goals this year, and just want to keep moving for the whole time.  Weather looks awesome.

QOTD:

1 = Mental / Positive Attitude

2 = Adaptability

3 = Technical downhills (I pass more people on a rocky downhill)

Have a great Memorial Day weekend.  Good luck to all the racers and pacers.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Got to finish early at work today, so that I could deliver DD's Latin project to her school to set up. Now on second thought, how will she bring that home? Seems it will be Mom to the rescue agaon, and I'll have to pick her up after school. Which, on first thought (now do I have my priorities straight, or what) leaves little time for a run . Better throw in a quick mile up and down the lane while the boys have to weed my flower beds .

Just kidding. With the quick run.

Oh wait, I meant with the flowerbeds, of course.

I've been missing NH, too. Hope he'll be back soon.

XT, I haven't written it up yet, but got the pictures ready. Does that count toward my karma?

QOTD: 1. Mental toughness and patience

2. Uphills

3. Heat running

Have a happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone, and good luck to everyone who's racing or pacing!

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I want wardens's life.  He gets all the fun!

Hey, where is NH?  He's been MIA for a bit, is he travelling?

+1 to Warden's life.

And last I heard, NH was taking a break from the forum. 

Belated congrats on your MMT finish, Couch!!!  I wonder if you remember spreT from the old place.  He was running an aid station and MaineGal was there for a while too.

I'm riding my bike down to Illinois this weekend, so I am resting today.  Going to try for a run on Monday, I hope.  See how my stupid foot feels after a bunch of time off.

QOTD:  1) Not going out too fast/pacing  2) Eating  3) That's it. I suck. 

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

I'm riding my bike down to Illinois this weekend, so I am resting today.  Going to try for a run on Monday, I hope.  See how my stupid foot feels after a bunch of time off.

Where from - to?  Sound like fun.  When I lived in Quad Cities we used to ride up near Galena, IL.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Where from - to?  Sound like fun.  When I lived in Quad Cities we used to ride up near Galena, IL.

Madison to Lake Le-Aqua-Na, so a little East of Gelana.  Camp one night, then ride home.  Should be about a 120 mile round trip.  We'll probably get rained on on our way home, but that's just part of the adventure.  Smile

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Madison to Lake Le-Aqua-Na, so a little East of Gelana.  Camp one night, then ride home.  Should be about a 120 mile round trip.  We'll probably get rained on on our way home, but that's just part of the adventure.  Smile

Awesome, have fun.  Never went there but did camp near Apple River Canyon, which isn't too far away.  Beautiful area.

Gator eye

Hi all, been a little off my game between sickness and soreness I haven't got many miles in lately. I'm calling it a taper for next weekend race. Mr Jangles and I did 8 this morning with some coon wrestling thrown in for Mr Jangles. So far this year Mr Jangles 2, coons 0.

QOTD:

1) drinking beer

2) eating food

3) rest days

all running related....right?

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I wan 3 this morning..yes wan (walk/ran) as the dogs were really into sniffing and getting me all tied up in their leashes.  Then Jack spotted a squirrel and he was gone but half the leash stayed. 

QOTD:  1)  Hills as in up not so much down  2) I'm kinda fast does that make sense..I don't win races (well some) but I am upper middle of the pack.  3) Mentally strong when running that is.

Good luck and have fun AT and Warden.

I think Northern got fed up with us. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I also better at those three versus what I said.    way to go gator!

QOTD:

1) drinking beer

2) eating food

3) rest days

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Hi Trailers-- got in a very slow 4 miles in rock creek.  Beautiful day here, but still having glute/hamstring pain, more on the uphills.  Hmm, still need to figure this out despite the rest time.

I think Northern got fed up with us. 

I think so too.   What was it, NH?  The turkey discussion?   We're good folks, well, at least most of us.

qotd:  probably only persistence, since I've been trying to run for 30 years.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Mandy: Thank you! Yes, I remember spreT, and MaineGal, too. Which aid station were they at?

Gator: Your three assets put you into the elite runner group - at least for our forum here.

Queen: You are one speedy fast woman! When I read your RR's, I am always impressed at the fast times you are able to crank out with relatively little training.

Sorry that NH could not bear us folks any more. He added to the fun, too, you know.

Run for fun.

DigDug2

Easy 6 at lunch today.  Looking forward to a lot of running this weekend - all-day Memorial Day soccer tournaments for the kids create good opportunities to sneak out for some long runs.

QOTD:

1. Uphills (but sadly not downhills)
                              2. Durability - I've been fairly injury-free over my running life
                              3. Pacing, I guess
                              XtremeTaper

ATRunner - Good luck with the loops tomorrow... the weather will be cool for you!

Couch - LOL, 100 mile race reports are almost as much work as the race!

Mandy - SpreT... I should have drove to the other side of the mountain range to see what he's been up to. Do you know if he's back to running at all? He had the real big year or two then Superior broke him.

GatorEye - Yes, great list. Except for the rest days. My dog does not tolerate those.

Queenie - So you are fast like a cougar, eh?

RunTrail - Sorry about the continued aches. Hey, at least you are getting out there.

In dog beers, I've only had one.